Thrustmaster TX doesn't get past calibration

• Thread starter VictoryGin
  • 3 comments
Poland
Poland
I own a Thrustmaster TX steering wheel and the wheel turned out to be unusable after I connected it to my PC one day. It seems to be detected correctly in my PC but it doesn't react to any buttons clicks. When it is power on the LED on the base lights up with green color, turns off and becomes red. Immediately thereafter I believe the wheel starts to calibrate but it just cannot rotate (only jerks slightly to one side by let's say 3 degrees) and nothing happens then.

I also own T300 and it works just fine so I exclude any software issues. The initial green-nothing-red sequence is the same as in TX wheel so the electronics shouldn't be that messed up.

Does anyone have any ideas of what could go wrong? I 'm not a stranger to electronics and soldering so maybe I could fix that but I wanted to know first if anyone faced and dealt with a similar problem.

I disassembled the wheel and out of curiosity I just unplugged the internal motor connector and the wheel is detected started to react to the button clicks with rotation as well. I assume the main board shouldn't be faulty so there must be something wrong with the motor. Is there any way I can check if it will be still usable?

I disassembled the wheel and out of curiosity I just unplugged the internal motor connector and the wheel is detected started to react to the button clicks with rotation as well. I assume the main board shouldn't be faulty so there must be something wrong with the motor. Is there any way I can check if it will be still usable?
Is it still under warranty?

Latest Posts

Back