Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

• No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Results are only viewable after voting.
My brother just got this today. Does this auto calibrate when the Xbox One is turned on? With my T300rs, when I turn on the ps4 it turns full lock left, then right, then back to middle. Does the TX do this on the One? Reason I'm asking is it didn't for him
DOA (Dead on Arrival)

DOA (Dead on Arrival)

Haha it auto calibrates now. It doesn't do it if it's plugged in before the console is turned on, but does it if you plug it into the console after he turns it on. Strange. But then when it calibrates it doesn't calibrate like the T300rs though, how it full locks left, then right, then back and forth back to center position. It does left, then right, then kinds of stays there. I'll have him check it some more and maybe get an exchange.

Curious, having the T500RS already and with swappable rims etc if purchasing this wheel mainly for Forza, how simple is swapping it on a cockpit between the T500RS wheel base:

1) Do they use the same "Power Supply" or need its own?
2) Connect Pedals to wheel base
3) Connect USB to required console

Forza 6
G29 looks to be retailing at similar price (£250 UK) but seems having the T500RS already the TX is a better option with the rim options and will not need pedals etc swapped over?

I used to detest having to swap between Xbox/Ps4 wheels/pedals back in the day...

Last edited:
Curious, having the T500RS already and with swappable rims etc if purchasing this wheel mainly for Forza, how simple is swapping it on a cockpit between the T500RS wheel base:

1) Do they use the same "Power Supply" or need its own?
2) Connect Pedals to wheel base
3) Connect USB to required console

Forza 6
G29 looks to be retailing at similar price (£250 UK) but seems having the T500RS already the TX is a better option with the rim options and will not need pedals etc swapped over?

I used to detest having to swap between Xbox/Ps4 wheels/pedals back in the day...

Hi Mr L,

I don't have a T500RS, but I can answer some questions
1. The TX has mains going directly into the wheel via what looks like an IEC C5 type connector, I believe the T500RS has a power brick?
2. The pedals are connected to the base via an MMJ RJ11/12 cable, it's very similar to a standard RJ11/RJ12 but the tab is offset to one side, it's analogue only with Gnd, Accel/Brake/Clutch/3.3v connected.
3. The USB lead is not removeable, it just comes out the rear of the wheel.

I still use the TX Wheel, and made a converter box to allow me to plug in my Fanatec CSP's (Needs a micro controller/software etc, it's not trivial)..

However, now I'd like to bring the PS4 into the mix, I am seriously considering lining Fanatecs pockets with a CSW Base V2 / Xbox one hub adapter so I can go back to the old days of 1 wheel for all platforms..

I believe there are 3 versions of the TX/T300 power supply: Internal US (110V), Internal EU (220V) and one with an external brick which is probably for strange regions where they need to sell 110-220V in a single box. My EU T300 also has an internal power brick, like phil-t's TX.

In terms of setting up the pedals and TH8A shifter to allow swapping between T500 and TX, you're looking at keeping the T500 power brick permanently mounted and cabled, alongside the TX power cord. Then you would be able to cable the pedals up to the wheel position for easy plugging. The USB cables of both the T500 and TX are fixed so you would need to keep those loose (maybe a couple of velcro wraps?) for easy switching between the wheel bases.

The two wheel bases use the same hardmounting bolts, so as long as you can get at them to unscrew them (once you've got your cabling fixed) I guess it should be easy enough to switch bases in a few minutes.

Changing rims on the T500 and TX is just a case of unscrewing that fastening screw, unwinding the plastic holder, removing the rim, putting on the other one and tightening everything back up, takes around 60 seconds once you have some practice.

Summary:
- Leave both power cables fixed to your rig.
- Leave pedals and pedals cable fixed to your rig, (pedals cable unplugs and replugs between the two wheels around 20cm apart though so be sure to leave room for that)
- Choose cabling approach so that the USB cable can be removed from the rig with the wheel base and easily fixed again
- Unscrew the wheel base via 2 screws when switching
- Unscrew and switch wheel rims as needed (can be done when either wheel is mounted)

Thanks for replies guys, gonna give this some thought with the run up to FM6.
Fanatec option is out of my budget now for being pretty much a casual gamer these days...

I still have V1 pedals (like new) a CSR Elite and pedal set that I could sell off perhaps.
Might help ease the pain in having to buy the Xbox One and wheel...

Thanks for replies guys, gonna give this some thought with the run up to FM6.
Fanatec option is out of my budget now for being pretty much a casual gamer these days...

I still have V1 pedals (like new) a CSR Elite and pedal set that I could sell off perhaps.
Might help ease the pain in having to buy the Xbox One and wheel...

Yeah, er.. , er.. I've just this minute splashed a whole load of cash on a CSW V2 + CSW Universal Hub + CSW Universal XBox One hub, all in, the best part of £1000..and that's re-using my CSP V1's which are still working well..

Time to start selling off my old stuff (CSR wheel / TX Wheel + Pedals) to recoup a tiny bit..

Yeah, er.. , er.. I've just this minute splashed a whole load of cash on a CSW V2 + CSW Universal Hub + CSW Universal XBox One hub, all in, the best part of £1000..and that's re-using my CSP V1's which are still working well..

Time to start selling off my old stuff (CSR wheel / TX Wheel + Pedals) to recoup a tiny bit..

I'd keep my T500 as sure it should get good PS4 support. It's good enough for my limited use but don't see the value in selling all I have then still needing about another 400-500 to go the Fanatec dual route.

Yes it's better performance, not denying that but the T500RS is adequate for my lesuire at this time. The X1 hub just seems over expensive for what it is...

A Thrustmastet TX should suffice and maybe get a rim option for both needing much less extra funds if selling off some other bits.

I'd keep my T500 as sure it should get good PS4 support. It's good enough for my limited use but don't see the value in selling all I have then still needing about another 400-500 to go the Fanatec dual route.

Yes it's better performance, not denying that but the T500RS is adequate for my lesuire at this time. The X1 hub just seems over expensive for what it is...

A Thrustmastet TX should suffice and maybe get a rim option for both needing much less extra funds if selling off some other bits.

Totally agree, I actually prefer the overall FFB on the TX Wheel to my old CSR Wheel, and think Thrustmaster have got a lot going for them, had they allowed the TX to function in PC mode on the PS4, I'd have been happy to stick with it (maybe getting a new wheel like the GT/E rim), that and the CSP v1's is quite a good combo!

The standard universal hub is 199 euros which feels about right for what it is, the XBO hub really should be 250 euros, and the base 500 Euros, that would have been a no brainer for most people at those prices, as it stands, I've had to save up my gadget fund for 6 months and then it's really been a case of diverting that to a new projector or something else that might benefit more than just me..

Totally agree, I actually prefer the overall FFB on the TX Wheel to my old CSR Wheel, and think Thrustmaster have got a lot going for them, had they allowed the TX to function in PC mode on the PS4, I'd have been happy to stick with it (maybe getting a new wheel like the GT/E rim), that and the CSP v1's is quite a good combo!

The standard universal hub is 199 euros which feels about right for what it is, the XBO hub really should be 250 euros, and the base 500 Euros, that would have been a no brainer for most people at those prices, as it stands, I've had to save up my gadget fund for 6 months and then it's really been a case of diverting that to a new projector or something else that might benefit more than just me..

Is it true that switching to PC mode allows TX to be used on PS4 as well? What about PS3?

Can anyone else confirm this?

Is it true that switching to PC mode allows TX to be used on PS4 as well? What about PS3?

Can anyone else confirm this?

Sorry, my wording may have been confusing, the TX wheel does not work on PS4, I was hoping thrustmaster may have allowed it to in the same way it does work on a PC, but alas, it's never recognised when I plug it into my PS4.

Sorry, my wording may have been confusing, the TX wheel does not work on PS4, I was hoping thrustmaster may have allowed it to in the same way it does work on a PC, but alas, it's never recognised when I plug it into my PS4.
I might have read it wrong early in the morning to work as well… lol To be honest they could have made this compatible with PS3/4 quite easily if they wanted to as it's now proven that there are no security chip to make peripherals work on PS3/4 unlike XBox 360/One.

Where is it possible to find a T500 rim? I prefer 30cm and I think this is the only option with 30cm (completely round)

Where is it possible to find a T500 rim? I prefer 30cm and I think this is the only option with 30cm (completely round)
There were rumors of it being sold separately, but I've never seen one for sale. Your best bet would be T500 owners who have switched to rims with paddles on them and would be willing to sell a T500 GT rim on.

The paddles are seperately on the T500? so with a T500 rim you would not have paddles?
that's correct. The T500 has paddles fixed to the base, not the rim.

If you want a 30cm rim with paddles from Thrustmaster, you either buy the Alcantara 599 rim, or you go for one of the modding solutions which are floating around on internet.

The paddles are seperately on the T500? so with a T500 rim you would not have paddles?

that's correct. The T500 has paddles fixed to the base, not the rim.

If you want a 30cm rim with paddles from Thrustmaster, you either buy the Alcantara 599 rim, or you go for one of the modding solutions which are floating around on internet.

Like @skazz said, modding/aftermarket solutions is an option. I would go with Sam Maxwell if I have the cash. Real rims with custom electronics and full Thrustmaster TX/T300RS/T500RS compatibility on all consoles as per the support of the wheel base.

Sam Maxwell's web link is in the very first post of this thread

Like @skazz said, modding/aftermarket solutions is an option. I would go with Sam Maxwell if I have the cash. Real rims with custom electronics and full Thrustmaster TX/T300RS/T500RS compatibility on all consoles as per the support of the wheel base.

Sam Maxwell's web link is in the very first post of this thread

I really don't care about paddles but I really really do care on the rim being completely round! So I guess the only solution is to find a T500 rim or at the worst case a GTE rim

I don't know if it's appropriate to post this here but anyone in Canada interested in a Tx wheel I'm selling mine. The one catch is that you have to use it with usb pedals on a PC since there's something wrong with the connector on the wheel base that the stock pedals plug into. I never knew this because I always used my csr elite pedals on the PC, so when I went to use it on the Xbox one on forza 6 with a cpx adapter it would lose calibration intermittently and I would only get half throttle. I have since bought a new wheel base and it works perfectly now.

I'm asking $150 plus shipping, I can send out the wheel base with the original wheel (missing cover on the manettino switch) and pedals in the original box. Or i can send without pedals since they will be useless. I prefer to send within Canada but will consider other countries when I figure out the cost.

I repeat this works only on a PC with third party pedals that have a usb plug, plugging into wheel will not work properly.

Wow, this is now on sale for $393.16 on Amazon.

Makes me wonder how far the Sale Price of these might drop during the Holiday Season.

RRN8s4c.png

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0151K6FPC/?tag=gtplanet-20

Last edited:
I really don't care about paddles but I really really do care on the rim being completely round! So I guess the only solution is to find a T500 rim or at the worst case a GTE rim
I saw a round wheel with Thrustmaster controls on Ricmotech website for about $450 USD.

Looking to change to Xbox one x from PS4 in December, as I own the t300rs and t3pa pro's, I will probably take the cheaper option of replacing the servo base. How does the tx servo base compare to the t300 base? Aside from the t300 having 1080 rotation compared to the tx's 900 rotation I can't see any difference in features, seems strange that they have different rotation degrees. Does anybody know of any difference ?

Last edited:
Looking to change to Xbox one x from PS4 in December, as I own the t300rs and t3pa pro's, I will probably take the cheaper option of replacing the servo base. How does the tx servo base compare to the t300 base? Aside from the t300 having 1080 rotation compared to the tx's 900 rotation I can't see any difference in features, seems strange that they have different rotation degrees. Does anybody know of any difference ?
Only the Kinect light on top and the rotation difference. Internal mechanism, power supply and motor are the same.

Only the Kinect light on top and the rotation difference. Internal mechanism, power supply and motor are the same.
Great news, I was thinking that the xbox one x wheel rig upgrade was going to cost a fortune. I don't get why they have different rotation though? I don't think I've gone 1080 degrees with my t300 wheel so can't see it being an issue.

Latest Posts

Back