Thrustmastet T300 fading ffb

• Thread starter Lewty4430
  • 15 comments
Slovakia
Slovakia
Hey guys,

not really sure what to do. I have experienced ffb fading lately so I have enabled the forced cooling mode and also bought a new Noctua fan to avoid overheating issues but the problem still persists. After a few laps in GTS or F1, I just feel a slight loss of strength in ffb. I use maximum setting because I like a heavy wheel. Anybody got any ideas what else I could do? Thanks

What FFB strength setting are you using it on? I’ve had my T300 for a year now, and have always had it on forced cooling since day one, and haven’t had any issues like that. But I only use it on FFB Torque 3 in GTS and 75% in F1.

Edit: I see Maximum, that’s why right there. You’re asking too much of your wheel most likely. 👍 You probably need a Direct Drive wheel to be able to use those heavy settings for long periods of time, over long periods of time, without hurting the wheel.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

not really sure what to do. I have experienced ffb fading lately so I have enabled the forced cooling mode and also bought a new Noctua fan to avoid overheating issues but the problem still persists. After a few laps in GTS or F1, I just feel a slight loss of strength in ffb. I use maximum setting because I like a heavy wheel. Anybody got any ideas what else I could do? Thanks
T300 is not the wheel to have if you want continuous strong/heavy force feedback. It does not have enough cooling for that.
You could mod your case further to solve the issue. Cutting holes and adding some intake and exhaust fans etc.

You'll be missing loads of detail by running your wheel so heavy.
I run my T300 on torque 3 in GTS and it's plenty for me whilst giving no issues with clipping or overheating

yeah I have reduced the settings in all the games I currently play but after a long battle, I have decided to put PC2 aside. I just can't find the right ffb balance in the game and no matter what setting I choose, it doesn't feel right. Too many useless settings make it difficult. in F1 and GTS there are simple but effective settings and you can easily adjust them to your liking so goodbye PC2. Maybe the game is just not suitable for the T300.

Last edited:
yeah I have reduced the settings in all the games I currently play but after a long battle, I have decided to put PC2 aside. I just can't find the right ffb balance in the game and no matter what setting I choose, it doesn't feel right. Too many useless settings make it difficult. in F1 and GTS there are simple but effective settings and you can easily adjust them to your liking so goodbye PC2. Maybe the game is just not suitable for the T300.
T300 is fine with PC2, give these a go.

Last edited:
I've played PC2 with the T300 since launch day and I really like the force feedback I'm getting. I find GTS feedback underwhelming and uninformative in comparison.

Here are my main settings that relate to FFB and steering.

Flavour: Immersive
Gain: 65
Volume: 50
Tone: 60
FX: 50

Steering Deadzone: 0
Steering Senstivity: 50
Speed Sensitivity: varied. I use this setting to dial out twitchy high speed behaviour in some cars when running any default setup races where you don't have access to steering ratio etc. Typically in the range of 5 to 25.

I have modified my T300 with a cooling fan that shifts a lot more air and I no longer have fading feedback issues.

Last edited:
T300 is Totally capable of high constant FFB , with Forced cooling mode always on. Not only it allows constant high FFB , but also prevents most damage caused by high heat. So please , always have FORCED COOLING ON!

T300 is Totally capable of high constant FFB , with Forced cooling mode always on. Not only it allows constant high FFB , but also prevents most damage caused by high heat. So please , always have FORCED COOLING ON!
I guess it depends on how you define "high". For some the heaviest settings they can get their T300 to cope at continuously as still a way short of what they'd like.

I've got mine dialled in where I like it but it did take an aftermarket fan for me to get the force feedback strength I wanted, across a number of games, without it ever fading.

I guess it depends on how you define "high". For some the heaviest settings they can get their T300 to cope at continuously as still a way short of what they'd like.

I've got mine dialled in where I like it but it did take an aftermarket fan for me to get the force feedback strength I wanted, across a number of games, without it ever fading.
Like in 100% FFB at AC on PC.
I then realised that I would get a lot of clipping in game and the FFBclip app showed that 75-80% gain is the ideal value , but in the 2 years with 100% FFB I never experienced FFB fading. What are the specs of the aftermarket fan you got?

I then realised that I would get a lot of clipping in game and the FFBclip app showed that 75-80% gain is the ideal value , but in the 2 years with 100% FFB I never experienced FFB fading. What are the specs of the aftermarket fan you got?
I'd have to open up the case to find it now as it is almost 3 years since I installed it.

Last edited:
That some can run with 100% FFB and others have massive cooling problems is sadly another illustration of how badly the T300 is put together. It's shocking that TM never updated the design for this wheel.

Don't get me wrong here , but I have tested more than 50 T300 servo's the last 3 years , and all had the same behavior. I have not seen any issues whatsoever. So I am quite confident, that I have enough samples to have safe conclusions. I could argue myself here , that having an ambient temperature between 17-20 celcius all year round in my basement helps with the heat dissipation , but following the servo's with the new wheel owners as well , whichare able to withstand the Greek summer temperatures , I see that indeed the situation is as I say.

From firmware nr.26 (or 24 , I'm not sure) when they implemented the forced cooling mode , the base has stopped having thermal issues when it's on. After a 1hr stress test (through wheelcheck software ) and with the motor seriously hot in touch , I jump straight to drive and the motor is running full strength with no problem at all.

So , the design doesn't need changing. Of course there's always home for improvement , but I'd say that some components could be of better quality. Better quality motor (so they don't risk loosening of the magnet core), possibly some changes in the hall sensor mount etc. Don't think they'll do anything to be honest . They don't even implement forced cooling only for the fan which is a simple software tweak. Logitech still has the same guaranteed to fail potentiometers in their shifters , after 4 generations of Gxx wheels.

As I said, for me it took an upgraded fan to stop my T300 overheating.

TM won't do a anything now as the wheel is too long through it's lifecycle, but regardless it would be good to finally see a T300 replacement (a new wheel at the same price point) after all these years.

Last edited:
Back