• Thread starter ZoidFile
  • 12 comments
Germany
Germany
ZoidFile
ZoidFile submitted a new resource:

Thruxton - Well, almost.

13rcT7iewFs4hnOff7_0.png

"What have you done to Thruxton?" I hear you say. Well there was no way I could fit the ridiculously long GT main straight into the original layout. So I decided to make the airstrip in the middle of the track the starting line and then connected it in the least intrusive manner with the the real layout. everything else is as close to the original as possible, right down to the curbing.

The track has a very...

Read more about this resource...

Very creative startline solution - Has quite a lot of bumps but there is a serious compression before Noble... My Poor West Surrey 2 litre didn't have permission for take off and ended up getting grounded.

The actual flow is good, Shame to lose the Brave Church Corner - Feels different when you approach speed is lower. But good fun.

I'm with Ryk, good but I think the camber needs to be removed... The track is littered with bumps and for some cars it's almost impossible to drive on!!

Still got a slight bump into Noble - but it adds character to the track. I like it. (Compare to the Bombhole at Snetterton Heath.)
The additions could be some Marshal points/tree/signage around the two hairpins just to give a driver some visual help to spot the corner - Shame the Armco is so close in (Would be nice if it could be changed into Barley Fields)

You have retained the feel of the majority of the track and the Runway loop starting area is a neat solution.

There are some corners where I just can't place any objects, there's no real solution for that. Usually I try to replicate track side scenery as close as I can.

That aforementioned bump is produced somehow by the corner structure and was not affected by my changes, I think I must rework that corner to get rid of it.

This is now much improved in my opinion after 1.1, great going! It's a shame the straight has to be..... straight, Thruxton must be one of the best tracks in the world and I like you put the straight on where the inner airfield is. It is quite simple as close as it gets!

OK, here's a nice preview of what this track has to offer. A 6 lap race in a Nismo GTR - cockpit view for race, or skip ahead for the TV replay. I really enjoy this circuit, kudos to @ZoidFile for making it :-)

Cool, thank you.

May I copy this video on the resource page?

You're welcome and of course you may mate - it's enabled for full embed and I'm more than happy for you to do so or indeed to use it anywhere else.

Back