Thunder Down Under Tuning Garage - [Updated 26/01/14] Nissan Stagea 260RS 550PP

• Thread starter BodenM
  • 8 comments
Australia
Brisbane, Australia
RandosaurusRex
Thunder Down Under Tuning Garage
Online + Wheel Tunes

Welcome to the garage! Here, you'll find road cars tuned by me for wheel users for use online with ABS set to 1-10. I've got an affinity for oddball or otherwise ignored cars, and making them into brutally fast cars to dominate your opponents. I also dabble a bit in drift tunes, and I love making drift cars out of cars that were never designed to go sideways on purpose. I also do tune requests, but I prefer not to do drift or drag tune requests. If you're looking for a tune, pop your details in this form, and remember to be realistic with your requests (I'm not going to make you a 1000HP Beetle, because you can't do that). Anyway, thanks for stopping by, and feel free to look around or ask about the cars. Don't go in the back room though, that's where we keep our tame racing driver.

Tunes In Progress:
Nissan 300ZX TwinTurbo 2seater (Z32) '89 - 600PP, RS

Completed Tunes:
Pocket Rocket - Daihatsu STORIA X4 '00 - 460PP, Sport Soft
Mum's Drift Van - Honda Odyssey '03 - Comfort Medium Drift Tune
The LOLvo - Nissan Stagea 260RS AutechVersion '98 - 550PP, Sport Soft

Last edited:
Pocket Rocket - Daihatsu STORIA X4 '00
460PP, Sport Soft, ABS 1
DaihatsuStoriaX4.jpg

First car to rocket (heh) out of the garage is the aptly named Pocket Rocket, a little Daihatsu STORIA X4 with a mean streak a mile wide. When this car first rolled up on the back of a truck, fresh from a warehouse where it was found with not a single kilometre on the odometre, it was already a fairly quick car with fun handling, although it had a tendency to understeer on entry and under brakes, and it wasn't exactly that quick in a straight line either. Now, it's a nice neutral-handling (if not slightly tail-happy) rocket with plenty of power to keep up with the bigger guys in the straights. Now onto the tune:

DaihatsuStoriaX4-460PP.PNG

Click here for the Excel spreadsheet if you can't see the picture.

This car is a load of fun to drive. Very responsive on turn in, but not unstable. Braking heavily while turning will cause the rear end to step out, so either brake in straight lines, or use it to your advantage. There is a touch of power oversteer if you step on the throttle at the apex of tighter corners too. For tighter tracks, like Cote de Azur or Streets of Willow, use a 5.000 final drive to give snappy acceleration out of corners. If you go higher than that, you get even better acceleration but you will run the risk of limiter bashing before you finish the longer straight sections. This car is not built for top speed, so try to avoid using it on courses with very long straights unless you can overtake everyone else in the turns. Also beware of the turbo lag below about 4000RPM, it's got absolutely nothing down below that so keep that in mind when starting from a standstill.

Mum's Drift Van - Honda Odyssey '03
Comfort Medium Online Wheel Drift Tune
Tsukuba%20Circuit_8.jpg

This is one of my aforementioned oddball tunes. I don't think Honda intended for the taxi chosen by many parents to go sideways in a smoky fashion. Anyway, onto the tune:

HondaOdysseyDrift.PNG

It's a very easy car to get sliding and hold a slide, although you do have to be careful when exiting the drift, too much lock will send you spinning off the track in the other direction quick-smart. When I used this online, I got a 3-way mix of reactions - disgust/anger (from the players who think unless it's FR and on Comfort Hards it's not really drifting), surprise (from all parties) and laughs (the most common reaction). I drifted this with a DFGT, which doesn't exactly have the quickest of force feedback motors, so I set this car up to be easy to manually countersteered in a drift. It's still flawed in places, but this will be worked on, and as such, any feedback wrt. to settings is welcomed and appreciated ^_^

How do you get those gears on the storia? With no adjustment of the top seed first only goes to 3.000

Set top speed to 170km/h and then re adjust ratios to match. Forgot to note that in the tune file, will update that now :P

Working on two new tunes right now, almost finished tuning them, would have finished them tonight but my internet's being idiotic and making PSN dropout constantly, so I'll try again tomorrow.

The LOLvo - Nissan Stagea 260RS AutechVersion '98
550PP, Sport Soft, ABS 1

Ronda.jpg

Out of the box, this car was very quick in a straight line, but in the corners, it felt like a 3-legged rhinoceros in quicksand. It understeered on corner entry, and then wanted to fling the back end out on corner exit unless you were very gentle on the throttle. It also looks like a Volvo wagon with a body kit. Very nice car to drive otherwise though, gobs of midrange power makes for very quick acceleration out of corners. Shift up from 5th to 6th on the straights a bit early though so you get dropped back into that midrange powerband.

Specs:

• Power: 640HP
  • Torque: 73kgfm
  • Weight: 1453kg
  • Weight Distribution: 51:49 front/rear
  • Tyres used: Sport Soft, but Racing Hard/Medium/Soft also works well.

NissanStagea260RS-550PP.png

After tuning, this car is much more civil to drive. It still has a smidge of understeer, plus it will push the back end out if you jump on the throttle out of a tight corner, but it's not unmanageable. Try to do any high-speed braking in a straight line though, as the rear end likes to slide a bit under brakes. Plenty of power, launches quickly off the mark and pulls hard through the rev range, although it does start to run out of puff past about 7.5k RPM. Enjoy the tune!

Mum's Drift Van - Honda Odyssey '03
Comfort Medium Online Wheel Drift Tune
Tsukuba%20Circuit_8.jpg

This is one of my aforementioned oddball tunes. I don't think Honda intended for the taxi chosen by many parents to go sideways in a smoky fashion. Anyway, onto the tune:

HondaOdysseyDrift.PNG

It's a very easy car to get sliding and hold a slide, although you do have to be careful when exiting the drift, too much lock will send you spinning off the track in the other direction quick-smart. When I used this online, I got a 3-way mix of reactions - disgust/anger (from the players who think unless it's FR and on Comfort Hards it's not really drifting), surprise (from all parties) and laughs (the most common reaction). I drifted this with a DFGT, which doesn't exactly have the quickest of force feedback motors, so I set this car up to be easy to manually countersteered in a drift. It's still flawed in places, but this will be worked on, and as such, any feedback wrt. to settings is welcomed and appreciated ^_^

I also chose this car, but can you tell me how you get it drifting at all? Manual transmission? Handbrake? Im noob at drifting, but eager to learn :)
Using a G25 btw :)

Thanks!

I have given your Stagea a try and you have made quite an amusing car out of it. I only drove it at Suzuka, which definitely does not play to its strengths speed / time wise but the car is quite a lot of fun with its boisterous manner.

Basically a car steered by the throttle, with practically the whole track spent at a slight angle (or at least one feels that way) and so long as one understands that, also reasonably stress free to drive. Part throttle, on the other hand will likely see you slowly but inevitably understeer out of the corner :)

So long as one drives it for the enjoyment, I find it excellent - in fact it very much reminds me of a 500PP Ford RS200 I have, which also likes pointing its tail any way but straight.

If the ultimate lap time is the purpose, the car has a severe handicap (but I assume it was never designed with lap times in mind) - at least at Suzuka, where much of relatively unfettered 500PP machinery is likely to beat it on the same tyres (used Sport Soft and not race ones).

But certainly an interesting solution to this R33 GT-R powertrain transplant into a wagon body that you made here 👍

Back