Thursday Night Practice (Formerly Driving School)

• Thread starter Neutty
  • 465 comments
It is an interesting concept of hosting a driving school online. I've enjoyed the races very much as it has a main theme focused and emphasized throughout (i.e. speed and braking at Monza), despite the bumps and nicks we have with the huge boost surging at top gear down the home straight.

Definitely a big lesson to learn from and though racecraft can never be perfected in a day, but it would greatly benefit us to be faster, better and not to mention, safer.

Thanks for letting me join in, though it's a one-off due to current circumstances affecting my work arrangements..

I believe there's no driving school session today... Might want to check with them in advance before proceeding.

I'm available tonight for driving school. Whether it's teaching me or if someone needs an instructor. :cheers:
I'm going to be online at some point today. What time were you thinking? I liked @Neutty idea of practicing entering corners while behind, but that maintenance thing really messed things up. I was also totally unprepared for the effect of max boost and slipstream. Party chat? If Tiger Woods has a coach, we all could use some instruction, and we can also learn from each other. Calling my fellow students: @Camaro DR @BPeacock2727 @Helmethead @pubason @Skills and any others that we know of...and instructors of course. The more the merrier.

I have an online name question. In lobbies my name shows as 'Canoworms1', but in these forums I scream "CANOWORMS1'. I'm loud enough as it is without yelling at you here as well. How (can) I change this?

I'm going to be online at some point today. What time were you thinking? I liked @Neutty idea of practicing entering corners while behind, but that maintenance thing really messed things up. I was also totally unprepared for the effect of max boost and slipstream. Party chat? If Tiger Woods has a coach, we all could use some instruction, and we can also learn from each other. Calling my fellow students: @Camaro DR @BPeacock2727 @Helmethead @pubason @Skills and any others that we know of...and instructors of course. The more the merrier.
I'm available from 7pm EST till 4am LoL. We can work on whatever you guys want.

I have an online name question. In lobbies my name shows as 'Canoworms1', but in these forums I scream "CANOWORMS1'. I'm loud enough as it is without yelling at you here as well. How (can) I change this?
I don't think you can change your GTPlanet I.D. without creating new account, however if your gaming I.D is different from your gtplanet I.D., I do recommend you add a signature to your profile that has your gaming I.D. in it.

Dude, I must say, canoworms,could quite possibly be the best CB handle name I've ever heard? 10-4 good buddy, over and out!

I got a lobby up. It's private. Please feel free to sent me a friend invite. If any of the BoD members decide to host a school lobby tonight, send me a PSN message when you do please :cheers:

Nice to see you infineon - would love to be part of this - but just saw this thread now - movie night with my wife (dolomite with eddie murphy - anyone see it? Any good?) will be very interested in the future

Good session at Interlagos, Infineon. I think we both learned things, I know I did. And it was good to talk to you. And I agree, it's too bad Peacock, helmethead and others couldn't join. And I'm happy to report that, by mutual agreement, no IRs will be submitted. And, Drummer, I would never lose the Canoworms, just the all caps.

Sorry i didn’t join. Threw my back out and took muscle relaxers. Tried a couple hot laps but couldn’t sit in the chair comfortably enough to drive and the muscle relaxers slowed my reaction time too much.

Any school this Thursday night (EST)? Previous theme is speed and braking.

I'm thinking if there's any theme this week, or I could suggest lapping/conceding or some sort of caution on track.

By the way, if possible I'd suggest a mix of Gr.3 and Gr.4 car races (or both on track). They're pretty much closer and less brutal on the acceleration.

Any school this Thursday night (EST)? Previous theme is speed and braking.

I'm thinking if there's any theme this week, or I could suggest lapping/conceding or some sort of caution on track.

By the way, if possible I'd suggest a mix of Gr.3 and Gr.4 car races (or both on track). They're pretty much closer and less brutal on the acceleration.
I liked @Neutty class on corner entry and braking when following. I'm also trying to get a handle on situation awareness, ie. where exactly are those cars that appear on my radar. I could also benefit with a discussion on letting cars past me with minimal impact on my own progress, but also allowing faster cars past with minimal impact. Does the 'blue flag' notification only show up when being lapped?

I would also suggest a Party chat class session about the evenings topic, such as: "This is what to expect when following into a corner with max boost and slipstream on.". Another helpful thing is to spectate while an instructor, or instructors, drives around the track. I'm thinking of @SAMHAIN85 track walk at Catalunya and a session I had with @Jw_wk1010 at Spa. I can see a couple of instructors lapping (slow, stopped, at speed) and the class spectating from various car views. Looking forward to the next installment.

I liked @Neutty class on corner entry and braking when following. I'm also trying to get a handle on situation awareness, ie. where exactly are those cars that appear on my radar. I could also benefit with a discussion on letting cars past me with minimal impact on my own progress, but also allowing faster cars past with minimal impact. Does the 'blue flag' notification only show up when being lapped?
Same here, I enjoyed his demo race focusing on the methods of following while running and braking into corners. The radar is particularly useful for awareness and estimation, and blue flag only pop up if the leading car is about 2-3 seconds behind you? It could last for many sectors if the leader is stuck behind, but it depends on the understanding and communication of your intent.

Sorry ,
I missed out , right now we are in overdrive production trying to make as many masks .ventilator parts and test equipment. I hope and pray you are all well and stay that way .
Oh and by the way I got a new bike . ;)
20200314_175419.jpg

Gail's my friend we raced against each other at Lawrence and KCI .
So she made me a deal I couldn't refuse .

That is Gail's power showroom . It is a 2018 with a thousand miles . She got it from shawnee cycle she owns and thought of me .that help me from trying to get one of my old ones running . Ha ha ;)
20200321_130248.jpg

Anything happening tonight? I found last night that improving in one area leads to new issues. I used to be SLOW and have to deal with cars up my ass. Now I’m medium, and have to deal with following cars in front of me, and that didn’t go well. It’s always something.
I might be releasing some aggression by “shoosting peoples” tonight. My old clan mates have been hounding me to get on division 2 with them. Lol

Anything happening tonight? I found last night that improving in one area leads to new issues. I used to be SLOW and have to deal with cars up my ass. Now I’m medium, and have to deal with following cars in front of me, and that didn’t go well. It’s always something.
I'm pondering as well if there's any going on. Otherwise I'd probably hop into a random practice room and focus on my own.

Back