Tight corners crisis.

• Thread starter SlipDiff
  • 6 comments
How do you guys drift those tight corners? I mean, drifting those long sweeping corners in Apricot Hill is one thing but drifting those freaking corners in Cita di Amalfi is another. I just cannot manage those tights. Is there another different techiques or another setting for those? I hope you guys could understand my problem here and provide a solution.

Throttle control, if you don't exercise this you'll end up burning out in the middle of the drift. Possibly a set of tires with better grip, a set up from the ones you're using now may help some.

If you're having trouble breaking loose, I can only sugget you shake the car slightly at the end of the braking and try to jerk the back of the car out of line.

If that doesn't work, you could always do insane overkill: Get slightly tail-out in the wrong direction before braking, modulate your braking and your countersteering to keep a constant angle (as high as you can control), let off of the brakes, let the rears regain traction and change the car's direction, and bingo, you're drifting. I used this on a stock S15 for Tsukuba's hairpin, and it looks bloody mad to watch in a replay. The image is still very vivid, despite it being 6 months ago.

The 'slight shake' I decribed is what I now use for wheel, because that's all that's needed to get the tail out when using a steering wheel. If you're using DS2 and not using any very clever settings, the rediculously complicated technique is your only option (but don't despair; it's odd, but flippin' sweet!) if you want a drift througout the entire turn.

And if it's maintaining drift you're having trouble with, you just need to remember one thing about GT4's physics: You can't do donuts. By which I mean, excessive wheelspin in a RWD car has a negative effect on momentum and doesn't induce much oversteer at all. You just need to smoothly modulate your throttle on the very edge of the rear tires' capability.

Simple We find a way...

Keep doing it over an=d over again and adjust the previouis mistake slightly until you get it, this means precise throttle control and angle input.

Mabey we should discuss which cars are particularly good for drifting sharp corners? If not then this thread will eventually die out and another version will appear.

I seem to improving my sharp corner drifting in the Opera Performance S2000. Requires it to go into the corner with low speed and using power to acquire the angle and then my hand-eye coordination to guide it through the corner.

Every car can drift sharp corners... You just need to find that balance..

See, when you drift a sweeper, You don't need to throw it to sideways, before catching it with countersteer and riding it out with the throttle, in some instances, just keep the throttle pinned lol. But when you slide Smaller corners (got me good at first aswell) I tend to come in with no throttle, just high rpm's and feint into the corner... and almost apply very little throttle to avoid oversteering due to how far you had to throw the car before catching it!

Back