Time Attack is Coming to iRacing

Is it possible to simulate a real Time Attack event? Like World Time Attack at Sydney Motorsport Park?

Players queue, as each player does their flying lap.

I suppose that could be possible as a special event, like certain endurance races they host throughout the year.

I'm glad to see they are doing this, the currently deployed Time Attack had a very low turnout because there was little incentive to join an empty track. Most people seemed to prefer doing a practice session to work on passig zones and navigating traffic. It will be interesting to see how long it takes the community to adopt the time attack, or how quickly the interest fades.

Is it possible to simulate a real Time Attack event? Like World Time Attack at Sydney Motorsport Park?

Players queue, as each player does their flying lap.

Sort of defeats the purpose of the "run whenever you want" approach though, no? :P

Sort of defeats the purpose of the "run whenever you want" approach though, no? :P

It does... but that would be a cool special event to run once a month. It's one thing to lay down a fast lap when there is no pressure, but it's a whole other experience to do it on demand!

I'm really excited about this Time Attack mode. When I first got iRacing, Time Trials is all I wanted to do, but was super surprised to see that no one raced that mode. So I ended up doing practice sessions and races like everyone else and put aside the mode I often play most in all other simulators.

Can't wait :)

This is amazing! Resubbing right NOW. Anyone know when this is actually coming?

Back