Time to install GT6....

• Thread starter redhed17
  • 3 comments
United Kingdom
The Pool Of Life.
My PS3 HD got corrupted a few months ago, and potentially years worth of GT6 data could be lost with no back up. :eek: :crazy: I know, idiot. :guilty: :banghead: Anyway put off trying to get it fixed until a few weeks ago. I was hoping they could save the data, but alas no. :(

So I started installing GT6 again last night. About 2.5 hours to download, and it said, install the 21 updates, but then a further 2.5 hours to actually install the updates. It initially said it would take 1070 minutes to install, 17.8 hours, so just over 2.5 hours doesn't seem so bad. :lol:

I'm not sure whether there is still a problem with this PS3 as 5 hours to install a game, granted an old game with lots of updates, seems very long. As anyone had similar experiences?

I have a 50Mb broadband connection, so I dread to think how long this could have taken with a slower connection. :boggled:

If you didn't follow this exact process to the link below it's almost guaranteed it's not going to work for you.
Downloading all the updates at once then trying to install them all at once is to much data and will result in failure. I learned the hard way the first time too.

Follow this step for step and it will work but unfortunately it takes all your free time.

http://community.eu.playstation.com...ended-GT6-Updating-Instructions/td-p/22766000

Thanks for replying. :)

It was a clean install on a blank HD, and if there is no indication not to put the disc in and install all updates, how is anyone to know not to do that. :confused: It seemed to install OK though, but just took over 5 hours.

Say what you want about Micro$oft, but they did do service packs in the past which had all previous updates in one large update.

Thanks for replying. :)

It was a clean install on a blank HD, and if there is no indication not to put the disc in and install all updates, how is anyone to know not to do that. :confused: It seemed to install OK though, but just took over 5 hours.

Say what you want about Micro$oft, but they did do service packs in the past which had all previous updates in one large update.

There should be a sticky on this page for it because quite a few people still play this game. But for those who are not GTP members most will find out the hard way just like I did.

Congrats on the clean install.

Back