Time to say Goodbye

Germany
Bonn
Hey guys,

As as good amount of people in this forum know me I just wanted to say Goodbye properly as I‘m moving to iracing now. I couldn’t put up with some of the flaws in the GT world anymore, especially the penalty system and the way it is getting exploited. This is not to say that iracing is perfect or anything, it‘s different and I just like some things better there. Now I have to pay for all the cars and tracks you guys are getting for free... :scared::lol:

It‘s been fun here, sorry if I offended any one with my occasionally strong opinions!

Keep racing and loving what you do! See you on the track!

Wolf

It’s unfortunate that Sport was unenjoyable for you. It always sucks to see a member of the community retire that way. I too lost a few connections on the transition to GT Sport from 6 when they were alienated by it. I remember the Duel of the Week Formula when it was its healthiest and all the community members we have who no longer frequent these forums.

Good luck on IRacing. May there be less dinks racing there.

I wish you all the best with iRacing, & I hope that you enjoy yourself. I'm fed up with GT Sport's many flaws too, in fact, I've given up playing it altogether...

:cheers:

Hey guys,

As as good amount of people in this forum know me I just wanted to say Goodbye properly as I‘m moving to iracing now. I couldn’t put up with some of the flaws in the GT world anymore, especially the penalty system and the way it is getting exploited. This is not to say that iracing is perfect or anything, it‘s different and I just like some things better there. Now I have to pay for all the cars and tracks you guys are getting for free... :scared::lol:

It‘s been fun here, sorry if I offended any one with my occasionally strong opinions!

Keep racing and loving what you do! See you on the track!

Wolf
Hope to see you back, but as a fellow iRacer i can tell you youre gonna have the time of your life! :D See you out there buddy! ^-^

Count me in as another that's moved on from GTS. I'm afraid that it was the physics model we got earlier this year consigned it to the dusty part of the hard drive for me.

Good luck in iRacing and have a blast.

Season 4
- simlab iprc series and will race kia for the whole 12 weeks
- IMSA GTE will drive porsche rsr for 12 weeks

See you in iRacing S4 2019

Tbh I’m thinking of quitting racing sims altogether. I got too many other games I wanna play, movies/series to watch, and life goals I wanna work towards to bother with this anymore. The whole technically-intensive aspect of this just isn’t fun for me anymore. I feel that recently, it’s only been making me angry/frustrated for one reason or another. I already made peace that I’ll never get the platinum trophy without ramming people off-course in frustration to downgrade my rating so I can sandbag things. So maybe I’ve just been lying to myself in thinking that GT as a series is for me.

Does anyone really have fun, here? Do you even play other games, or is your PS4 just a GTS machine?

Last edited:
Cough *Wreckfest* cough

Yeah, I think I’ll look into it.

But otherwise, I think the fact that I have over 400 races in GTS logged and only about ten wins is telling, in that realistic racing games just might not be for me. There’s nothing fun in feeling like you’re never improving (even when you are), always losing, and always starting/finishing midpack.

I want to have a life beyond GT. Especially when playing GTS only seems to frustrate me these days. Looking inward, I don’t really feel happy playing it. It’s just a purgatory of staying at around 21k DR. Maybe for my last hurrah, I’ll start trying to ruin as many cars in a single race as I can, until my DR/SR is zero, and then I’ll quit. I’m just so frustrated and I don’t have time for any of this! I bought Ace Combat 7 in March and I haven’t even touched it yet!

Last edited:

But otherwise, I think the fact that I have over 400 races in GTS logged and only about ten wins is telling, in that realistic racing games just might not be for me. There’s nothing fun in feeling like you’re never improving (even when you are), always losing, and always starting/finishing midpack.

I want to have a life beyond GT. Especially when playing GTS only seems to frustrate me these days. Looking inward, I don’t really feel happy playing it. It’s just a purgatory of staying at around 21k DR. Maybe for my last hurrah, I’ll start trying to ruin as many cars in a single race as I can, until my DR/SR is zero, and then I’ll quit. I’m just so frustrated and I don’t have time for any of this! I bought Ace Combat 7 in March and I haven’t even touched it yet!

Yeah, that’s the solution, just ruin a bunch of other people races who are actually trying to enjoy the game because you don’t. That’s the answer! :confused:

Yeah, that’s the solution, just ruin a bunch of other people races who are actually trying to enjoy the game because you don’t. That’s the answer! :confused:

I just don’t know anymore. I just wanna take out my frustration on something.

I just don’t know anymore. I just wanna take out my frustration on something.

Then do it offline and leave the people trying to play the game properly alone if that’s the case. Heck, I’d be willing to work with you one night a week to help you improve your racing if it means you getting to enjoy the game a little more. Just don’t ruin other people’s races on purpose man, that’s not cool at all.

Last edited:
Then do it offline and leave the people trying to play the game properly alone if that’s the case. Heck, I’d be willing to work with you one night a week to help you improve your racing even if it means you getting to enjoy the game a little more. Just don’t ruin other people’s races on purpose man, that’s not cool at all.

Yeah. I think I’ll just cut to the chase and just eject the disk from my PS4 for the first time in a while, put it back into the case, and just move onto another game on my PS4 backlog. Maybe I’ll play a bit more when more updates come but I think I’ve just had enough. At least for now.

Does anyone really have fun, here? Do you even play other games, or is your PS4 just a GTS machine?

I really do have fun with GTS, possibly more than any other game I've played (which is a lot). It will come to an end one day but I've had a whole lot of fun with GTS already. I do also play other games although it is mostly GTS. I'm currently playing No Mans Sky in VR and also Detroit: Become Human. I find both of these quite a relaxing way to spend gaming time away from GTS which can get quite stressful at times. Something slow and story based is a good antidote to that. I had a frustrating FIA race once so needed to try again in an hours time. I spent the hour in Detroit and came back to GTS feeling much less frustrated and had a good race.

Maybe for my last hurrah, I’ll start trying to ruin as many cars in a single race as I can, until my DR/SR is zero, and then I’ll quit.

You're not a bad person so I very much doubt you'll do this. If the aim is to get your SR and DR to zero then pick a daily race, don't qualify, then drive around at the back cutting every corner and hitting every wall. You'll achieve your goal in no time without destroying the fun others are trying to have.

You are frustrated with the game. You are not frustrated with innocent people so don't take it out on them.

Last edited:
Tbh I’m thinking of quitting racing sims altogether. I got too many other games I wanna play, movies/series to watch, and life goals I wanna work towards to bother with this anymore. The whole technically-intensive aspect of this just isn’t fun for me anymore. I feel that recently, it’s only been making me angry/frustrated for one reason or another. I already made peace that I’ll never get the platinum trophy without ramming people off-course in frustration to downgrade my rating so I can sandbag things. So maybe I’ve just been lying to myself in thinking that GT as a series is for me.

I have tons of fun. Although I prefer IRacing, I have a PS4 for other games so sometimes I play GTS for a while. Do you enjoy real racing? I'm a racing fan so I can't picture myself not enjoying racing sims, and although GTS have it's faults, it's very enjoyable in it's simplicity.

GTS isn't a lifestyle, mate. It's something you play for fun. I've seen a few of your posts here and it seems that you thought you could play this game and be the best and that would be it. The truth in racing and simracing is that sometimes you devote a lot of hours to it, and then there's still hundreds of guys faster than you. For me, that's part of the appeal of this whole thing, the nonstop competition. But you have to enjoy it and accept that you won't be going to any live events or that you won't be a champion, and there's nothing wrong with it.

Please don't ruin people's races. People like me only have 1 hour or 2 in a night to play and it feels bad when someone intentionally ruins the few races I can make in a day

Last edited:
I’ll start trying to ruin as many cars in a single race as I can, until my DR/SR is zero, and then I’ll quit

Luckily for me you are on a different continent. But for the drivers on your continent.. I feel sorry for them, if this is your revenge plan on a game that you've peaked at and are willing to take your lack of skill out on others. How very lame.

8bda4b02-df46-4f3c-8699-d3cb05e1f48c-d4ec4fd6-4812-40d7-92c4-da41589e5658-v1.png

@MIE1992 I really think you need to get some perspective in life. You made a post back on June 1 stating how frustrated you were in life and with this "game". I made what one could reason as an insensitive response in that thread as some others were more concerned with your emotional well-being. Sir you, according to your profile, are 27 years old. It's time to start acting like like it. If you truly need help, please go get it. But at the same time, get off of the PS4 and off of GT Sport: for your own sanity and the sanity of others. You lashing out at the rest of the online community for something you can't deal with is absolutely unnecessary. Please get some help.

Keith.

How often i was thinking "im done with this crap game" :)
The trick is to jump to whatever game you like. Dont focus on one title.
Also in iracing is initially extremely frustrating, you also must first dig through the garbage to get better rating to get access to clean & intense races.
There is no game out there yet that can satisfy every aspect of what makes you happy.
Every day is different :)
Its great to choose the game by your mood. One day its hardcore sim 4h endu run, other day its having fun and joking around the track with friends.
You will faster be playing GT-S again then you can imagine now!
:cheers:

Last edited:
@MIE1992 I really think you need to get some perspective in life. You made a post back on June 1 stating how frustrated you were in life and with this "game". I made what one could reason as an insensitive response in that thread as some others were more concerned with your emotional well-being. Sir you, according to your profile, are 27 years old. It's time to start acting like like it. If you truly need help, please go get it. But at the same time, get off of the PS4 and off of GT Sport: for your own sanity and the sanity of others. You lashing out at the rest of the online community for something you can't deal with is absolutely unnecessary. Please get some help.

Keith.

Yeah. Since June, I have been starting to see a therapist for the first time since I finished high school. I’ll be going back to university soon, too, so I think that’ll help me, especially for fulfilling my social needs as well as helping to give me a feeling of purpose.

But yeah, I agree that my frustration with GT and GTS is merely emblematic of deeper personal issues. Either way, it may still be a good idea to not necessarily stop playing GT indefinitely but to take a decently-sized break from it. Especially when I’ll be busy with school, and hopefully the various clubs and friend groups I plan to be part of. Loneliness has been a pretty bad chronic issue of mine, even as an undergrad. It’s been an issue for most of my life, so I’m hoping I can move towards fixing it when I go back to school.

I mean, maybe I have depression, idk. I’ll admit that I’m not exactly Hideki Anno, though...

Yeah. Since June, I have been starting to see a therapist for the first time since I finished high school. I’ll be going back to university soon, too, so I think that’ll help me, especially for fulfilling my social needs as well as helping to give me a feeling of purpose.

But yeah, I agree that my frustration with GT and GTS is merely emblematic of deeper personal issues. Either way, it may still be a good idea to not necessarily stop playing GT indefinitely but to take a decently-sized break from it. Especially when I’ll be busy with school, and hopefully the various clubs and friend groups I plan to be part of. Loneliness has been a pretty bad chronic issue of mine, even as an undergrad. It’s been an issue for most of my life, so I’m hoping I can move towards fixing it when I go back to school.

I mean, maybe I have depression, idk. I’ll admit that I’m not exactly Hideki Anno, though...

Hope you get better, man. Thinks always seem worse when we're too much in our own heads. Getting back to a school routine will be good for you and you may find a renewed love for GTS or other games you enjoy.

Cheer up mate - it's only a game.
As for social issues, loneliness etc., I think that's probably endemic in your generation, possibly due to the prevalence of "social media" which is anything but social and I have the hardest time steering my kids away from (with not much success!).
Get a girl / boy friend if you don't have one already, spend a few nights a week getting drunk and partying, plan a trip to somewhere you've never been now and again..... and try not to take life too seriously. Especially sim racing!
Good luck.

I've barely touched the game through a much too hot summer (damn grinders) but now it's starting to cool down again, I'm back at it and thoroughly enjoying it. Time to hit those lobbies again.

You know what always impresses me about you? Your obvious intelligence and the way you wear your heart on your sleeve in these forums.

At 27, you've barely started looking for the potential friends who're waiting to meet you but in the meantime, you've got plenty of friends here on the forum to tide you over. A poor substitute but we're always here.

I'll be doing afternoon (GMT) lobbies soon so if you fancy a chilled out race or two, pop in. There's a good chance you'll be quicker than me but I'll give you a battle for the 1st half a lap or so.:lol:

Send an FR to Digtater if you're interested.

I've barely touched the game through a much too hot summer (damn grinders) but now it's starting to cool down again, I'm back at it and thoroughly enjoying it. Time to hit those lobbies again.

You know what always impresses me about you? Your obvious intelligence and the way you wear your heart on your sleeve in these forums.

At 27, you've barely started looking for the potential friends who're waiting to meet you but in the meantime, you've got plenty of friends here on the forum to tide you over. A poor substitute but we're always here.

I'll be doing afternoon (GMT) lobbies soon so if you fancy a chilled out race or two, pop in. There's a good chance you'll be quicker than me but I'll give you a battle for the 1st half a lap or so.:lol:

Send an FR to Digtater if you're interested.

I appreciate the offer, but I’m actually gonna be attending the club & organization fair for the university I’ll be attending soon. I’m looking forward to what sorts of people I’ll meet later today, in that case.

I simply could not limit myself to a single racing title (let alone single game).

GTS has its strong points, but with the current number of great racing titles on the PS4, just sticking to one I just don't get.

Being able to swap between GTS, AC and PC2 is ideal for me, as well as the number of solid rally titles around (something GT as a series has always failed to deliver on in any meaningful way). With both Wreckfest and WRC8 dropping in the last week or so I have more than enough for it to remain fun.

Back