Time Trial #74: 600pp GT500 @ Grand Valley Speedway

• Thread starter Doodle
  • 438 comments
Could not agree more about life and gt5.
We moved from cornwall uk to london for work, within 6 months i was in hospital, Heart was in a really bad way. then a year later two heart attacks. Now told i will never work again. so started getting serious about gt5 and tts.
Still pretty rubbish at it but getting better.
Stewy

Sorry to hear of your health problems, I hope you are improving, my Daughters and I would like to wish you all of the best,
Cheers
Raving

Hi, folks, I have massive love for the classic JGTC cars - one of them is the Castrol Tom's Supra '97 :P

If I am not mistaken, that picture is from Goodwood, so you would be able to replicate that on GT6...

Edited to say, I made a mess trying to insert the picture again, Ipad isn't as user friendly as a computer

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of your health problems, I hope you are improving, my Daughters and I would like to wish you all of the best,
Cheers
Raving
Many thanks raving for your kind words. How are you doing in the tt???

Only 1:50.8, I've often beaten my ghost by miles, then I get all excited and blow it towards the end of the lap......ha ha. I've tried various settings, but I never seem to be able to get the power down as easily as the top guys, it seems like an age before the car gets going after I start accelerating, I've tried umpteen LSD settings, but unfortunately, I get bored easily, so I give up after less than 10 tries.

It's amazing when you think you are a half decent racer, only to do a TT and find out it's a lot harder than you think. This is my first serious go at a time trial, and to be honest, I've really enjoyed it.

Sorry to hear of your health problems Stewy, I also had heart attack 11 years ago had to have triple bypass made a full recovery may have been GT2 caused it on a lighter note had to buy new g27 today pc world £199.99 Gave it a trial run now 1.45.664

untitled.png
My time is only 1:47.311 with a few mistakes and not being aggressive enough through some corners but my skill level is not the best at times that's why I make a fews mistakes but it is good to be only 3 to 4 seconds behind but more practise needed.

Sorry to hear of your health problems Stewy, I also had heart attack 11 years ago had to have triple bypass made a full recovery may have been GT2 caused it on a lighter note had to buy new g27 today pc world £199.99 Gave it a trial run now 1.45.664
Glad to know you are ok now. I have heart disease which is why it wont get better, but never mind got new friends and loads of competition now so all is good. Nice to see your times coming down, will give it a proper go in the morning see if i can catch you.:cheers:

I am hoping for Cizeta V16T or 25th Anniversary Countach stock no tuning comfort soft at Bathurst in the morning for GT6 1st TT :D Can't say how much I love Bathurst, spent countless laps in PS2 Toca Race Driver 3 driving V8 Supercars.

I am hoping for Cizeta V16T or 25th Anniversary Countach stock no tuning comfort soft at Bathurst in the morning for GT6 1st TT :D Can't say how much I love Bathurst, spent countless laps in PS2 Toca Race Driver 3 driving V8 Supercars.

Bathurst, I'm not mad at that, come on GT6!!!

Improved a bit to 1:45.2xx the other day using -10/00 toe settings and the differential at a 5/35/5 setting. I will have 20 minutes or so on Wednesday night to try and break back into the top 250 I hope.

Thank you very much to the person from here who gifted me an 03 Takata Dome. That was very generous of you, I'll have to send a message on Playstation to thank you personally, as I'm not sure of your GTPlanet name. I understand why people enjoy this car.

Got my time down to a 1:46.190, which was 660th place last night. I feel about another second if I had a few more days, but I see this competition ends tonight/tomorrow. I will put in a few more laps to see if I can hopefully break into the 1:45's. I'd like to make Top 500.

Seems I opened my little window of opportunity earlier. Started today around 1:46.7 and am now on 1:46.139.
Just 6/100 behind my old sparring partner Cargo, and I was regularly a few lengths in front of my ghost.
But that's enough for now, kids are home from school and the girlfriend is waking up from her camp.

Seems I opened my little window of opportunity earlier. Started today around 1:46.7 and am now on 1:46.139.
Just 6/100 behind my old sparring partner Cargo, and I was regularly a few lengths in front of my ghost.
But that's enough for now, kids are home from school and the girlfriend is waking up from her camp.
Good improvement mate well done.:cheers:

No improvement for me this morning but it was oh so close, still got a whole day yet so who knows what might happen.:gtpflag::cheers::)👍
Yeah, it's funny that. I haven't been able to improve much at all in the last week and then today it was all falling into place. For a while.
I found the 1st r/hander worked better the harder I attacked it, very hard braking and allowing the turn itself to slow the car down enough to get into position to floor it. Similar for the 2nd r/hander, swung a bit wide (L/hand side) then a quick turn right to slow it a bit before heading up to the L/hander which should be cut as much as allowed.

Thank you very much to the person from here who gifted me an 03 Takata Dome. That was very generous of you, I'll have to send a message on Playstation to thank you personally, as I'm not sure of your GTPlanet name. I understand why people enjoy this car.

Got my time down to a 1:46.190, which was 660th place last night. I feel about another second if I had a few more days, but I see this competition ends tonight/tomorrow. I will put in a few more laps to see if I can hopefully break into the 1:45's. I'd like to make Top 500.

That would be me, and you are most welcome my friend. I like to see that everybody gets a fair chance with the car of choice. 👍

Good stuff Dalone, Did you try with any of the adjustments which I suggested in post #382? Expand the quote and you will see them in bold and underlined.

As for me, I am now at 1:45.776 and can still see another tenth or two to gain, We shall see.

Hey nowcontrol, I gifted him the 03' Takata Dome so it may have been me. But who cares

My own tune for this TT has been somewhat of an evolution and this is why I haven't posted it sooner because I could not stop myself from making constant changes, I did, however, keep my shared NSX updated with it for those that have borrowed.....
so this is the final tune that I THINK I have settled with....

Please try it, and give me your opinions if you'd like. :D

I'll try this later... 👍

Cb
First of all It is not necessary to simplify the discussion, but thank you anyway for your kindness.

You're welcome. I was not so much simplifying the discussion as defending your right to be simply humourous about it. :)

Cb
And just to let you know, No one has ever got a passport to a full-blown racing career by placing high in a time trial like this. If you want to give it a shot with the academy you need to drive a Stock car in the academy time trial.

That was the gist of the post. From ambitious tuners and photographers, to car-detailers and drivers, this is where it starts before they climb the ladder.

Cb
I understand people take these time trials serious, and I actually do it myself from time to time.
And when talking about this whole sharing setup thing, I don't think publishing secret information without permission is okay.

GTP_Cbastjan

(Bolded mine) And that was the crux of the discussion: is it secret? Is it proprietary? Was hacking used, etc, etc....

While not exactly a fanboy, I'm not a hater either - but yes, I take GT5 as very serious therapy. After a long day fighting traffic it's nice to take the Bentley Speed 8 for a run round the Ring. No ambitions there but pure relaxation.

I hope you understand I was not putting you down in any way, more just trying to explain your position. :)

Nice improvement there Dalone. I've kinda lost interest in this TT so I doubt that I'll give it another try. If you manage to beat my half-hearted attempt here, then congrats. Sorta losing interest in GT5 altogether, even the TT events. I guess it could be because I'm looking forward to GT6 so much and ready to get started on a new journey. I think its safe to say that I have squeezed every last bit of enjoyment out of GT5 that I could. Its been a great ride, just ready for a new journey.

Back