• 37 comments
Romania
Romania
Turok__134
Time Trial #77

700PP Racing Cars: Cape Ring Time Trial

Period of Availability: 2013/12/11 22:00 - 2013/12/25 22:00
Gold: Cr.250,000 Silver: Cr.150,000 Bronze: Cr.100,000

This Time Trial takes place on the Cape Ring Circuit, using racing cars.
Cars can be tuned up to 700PP, and tires are limited to Racing/Hard or less.
tire_icon.png
Racing: Hard
pp.png
Max. 700

Rankings
Advanced Rankings

Last edited:
What cars seem to be topping the leaderboards in this one?

Looks like R8 Race Car '01 and R8 Race Car (Audi PlayStation Team ORECA) '05.
I hope some of the fast racers will do a few laps so we can have some legit benchmarks.

What cars seem to be topping the leaderboards in this one?

As Turok said, mainly the Audi R8. There area couple of 2J's in the top ten & a Red Bull 2010 currently in p16??? :eek:

Last edited:
I think i'll be getting my speed 8 out for this one. Aiming for top 50.

Is there a problem with this seasonal? Everytime I push start and go to exit, none of the buttons show across the bottom of the screen?

Used my Peugeot 905, did it first try, not a fast time though. With a bunch of tweaks it could be a good car, the lower power/lower weight helps out on the hard tyres.

This is the second time they offer the same event..... ???!!!! Anyway, the Bentley is from far the easiest fast car to make a good time here.
I did 62 last time, just don't remember the top speed. Need to adjust it sliding the final gear up.
N° 62 praiano63 Brazil 02:11.482Speed 8 Race Car '03
Click on the picture to acces the tune. Enjoy your drive.

Not much going on here since GT6 came out -neither here or on the leaderboard where you'll take P30 atm. if you do a lap 5secs (!) slower than the leader! If you've never finished on the leaderboard before, now is your chance...

JAYWALKER -I think Cb wanted to point out what Praiano wrote a minute before your post: This combo has been up before! Perhaps he even wanted to direct towards some good tunes for it.:) Btw: Thanks for providing me with laugh of the week last week. It was your polite reply to someone who came in here and said "Good morning, my name is xxx". I was laughing the rest of the day...:lol:

Not much going on here since GT6 came out -neither here or on the leaderboard where you'll take P30 atm. if you do a lap 5secs (!) slower than the leader! If you've never finished on the leaderboard before, now is your chance...

JAYWALKER -I think Cb wanted to point out what Praiano wrote a minute before your post: This combo has been up before! Perhaps he even wanted to direct towards some good tunes for it.:) Btw: Thanks for providing me with laugh of the week last week. It was your polite reply to someone who came in here and said "Good morning, my name is xxx". I was laughing the rest of the day...:lol:

:lol: Well at least someone got my humour... lol!

Anyone still doing this TT?

I think the new #1 time (Toyota GT-ONE) is dodgy. Anyone watched it?
Basically it's dead slow in a straight line, but in all the medium and fast corners it's full throttle. Also going over the jump, the car hardly leaves the ground. Maybe running high (illegal) downforce? Anyway to find out?

Basically it's dead slow in a straight line, but in all the medium and fast corners it's full throttle. Also going over the jump, the car hardly leaves the ground. Maybe running high (illegal) downforce? Anyway to find out?

you could try to do the exact same thing with the same car, save your replay and compare it in data logger to the one you find dodgy. If you can't get the performance at any setting than yes, it might be illegal

Hi.
I saw the replay and it isn't a great round.
For me the car is dodgy.
He was faster than IMMORTALPILOT of 0.256 sec.

Should seek help from @Ridox2JZGTE to check the car

Thank @nowcontrol for sharing Red Bull X2010 5G, easier to drive for those who play with the directional button

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I'll seek out Ridox.

I haven't tried the GT-ONE, but my R8 is almost full aero but 20-30 km/h slower in the fast corners. I just don't see how the GT-ONE can go around the spiral loop thingy full throttle at 250-260 km/h (or whatever speed it's doing).

Cheers.

I also want to send out a big thank you to nowcontrol for sharing his Red Bull X2010 5G. I had never even knew of this car (how do you get it in the game??). It's a lot of fun to drive.

That said, I'd sure love to try the Audi R8 race car '01 that most people are using. l cant seem to find a way to get it in the game, so if anyone can put one on share it would be greatly appreciated.

Last night I picked up the Toyota Minolta 88C-V Race Car '89 that I'm going to put on share, along with my 787B Race car '91 that some guys are using in this TT.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I'll seek out Ridox.

I haven't tried the GT-ONE, but my R8 is almost full aero but 20-30 km/h slower in the fast corners. I just don't see how the GT-ONE can go around the spiral loop thingy full throttle at 250-260 km/h (or whatever speed it's doing).

Cheers.

I'll check it out next time I'm on :) Been to busy driving in GT6 :cheers:

Hi.
Thank @nowcontrol for sharing Red Bull X2010 5G, easier to drive for those who play with the directional button

Great time you have set with it too. 👍 :cheers:

I also want to send out a big thank you to nowcontrol for sharing his Red Bull X2010 5G. I had never even knew of this car (how do you get it in the game??). It's a lot of fun to drive.

That said, I'd sure love to try the Audi R8 race car '01 that most people are using. l cant seem to find a way to get it in the game, so if anyone can put one on share it would be greatly appreciated.

Last night I picked up the Toyota Minolta 88C-V Race Car '89 that I'm going to put on share, along with my 787B Race car '91 that some guys are using in this TT.

👍 :cheers:
The R8 is quite a handful to drive with DS3, I could only manage a 2:18.xxx with it so far but need to practice some more, I doubt I will be beating my 'BB X2010 5G' time with it tho. I will put one on share shortly for you to try out.

Hi @nowcontrol
I'm not a great tuner
but this is my setting of Red Bull X2010 5G in my best time 02:11.429 whit directional buttons

333 CV
745 Kg
700 PP

Aero: 40/50
Ballast: 200Kg/0
Limiter: 85.3%

Suspension:
Spring Rate: 17.4/20.0
Dampers (E): 8/10
Dampers (C): 8/10
Anti-Roll Bars: 7/7
Camber: 2.5/1.5
Toe Angle: 0.00/0.10

LSD:
Initial: 5
Accel: 60
Brake: 60

Transmission:
Not change to your setting
1st 3.079
2nd 2.337
3rd 1.846
4th 1.506
5th 1.270
6th 0.970
Final Gear 3.900
Top Speed 200Km/h

Brakes: 4/7

The time can also still lower than 0.5 sec or more but now much time is devoted to GT6 that I have just started :cheers:

The R8 is quite a handful to drive with DS3, I could only manage a 2:18.xxx with it so far but need to practice some more, I doubt I will be beating my 'BB X2010 5G' time with it tho. I will put one on share shortly for you to try out.
Thanks! I look forward to trying it.

Btw, I was looking on the car database website at the; R8 Race Car (Audi PlayStation Team ORECA) '05 and reading the comments, and people were saying there is a glitch with that car allowing the purchase of a rear wing for it in GT-Auto, hence mega rear downforce is possible. Sadly this is another car I don't have, but I'm very curious if anyone has tried it??

Last edited:
Thanks! I look forward to trying it.

Btw, I was looking on the car database website at the; R8 Race Car (Audi PlayStation Team ORECA) '05 and reading the comments, and people were saying there is a glitch with that car allowing the purchase of a rear wing for it in GT-Auto, hence mega rear downforce is possible. Sadly this is another car I don't have, but I'm very curious if anyone has tried it??

I'm only guessing, but I think having aero at 60 front /105 rear (with mega rear wing) would make the car understeer too much, especially in the fast corners. It would also mean running lower BHP to compensate for 700PP. But it might be worth a shot!

Also, thanks to Ridox for looking into the P1 replay. I look forward to your findings!

Sitting at 245th with a time of 2:16.290.... this TT was pretty easy to gold, even though I suck at LMP's, I'll try to get a better line by downloading the replay of the 5th or 10th place and taking it as an example, I predict a high 2:14 or mid 2:15.

Definitely I'm seeing myself into the top 250 this time, which would be my personal record, better than my 330th at the TT #58 :D

From your garage, when clicking share this car, as it goes through the process has anyone seen the process end with the warning; "Upload Failed"?

That happened to me (over and over) last night as I attempted to share my 787B Race car '91... However, the car is showing up with the other two cars I have on share, so despite the warning I assume people can borrow it?

Hi all.I'm new here..will try to help.I don`t haveGT6...For my,Speed 8 Race Car '03 is more fast that R8 Race Car (Audi PlayStation Team ORECA).The Audi with the rear spoiler is a second more faster,but Speed 8 is better.I don`t have R8 Race Car '01.My set up is only maximum aerodynamic.I hope to see something here.Thanks all.

Checked the replay, the Toyota GT One in number one spot has 125 front downforce and 150 rear downforce - power limiter at 75.4% :)

Checked the replay, the Toyota GT One in number one spot has 125 front downforce and 150 rear downforce - power limiter at 75.4% :)

Thank m8.

That's a lot of downforce; could probably drive upside down in a tunnel! I knew there was something different with that particular car.

Sitting at 245th with a time of 2:16.290

Improved my time to 2:14.973 and now I'm 141st, there's still some mistakes I must correct, wheelspin, excessive countersteering to try to correct oversteer, but that'd be solved once I find a fix to the tune I'm using, once fixed, it should give .5 more seconds :P... maybe tomorrow I'll post it here

Latest Posts

Back