Time trial / community events

• Thread starter Heels074
  • 7 comments
In the Time Trials, you just pick a track, Class, your car, and enter. Your time posts automatically after about 30 minutes, or however long they update.

Why are there so few TT records? I'm like 3rd or 4th on some and I'm a horrible driver.

I think because the game is new, and they re-coded/reset the TT leaderboards once the game went gold. In a few months I expect each track to have hundreds of entries. The recent Silverstone TT Leaderboard Community event had more than 3100 participants........where I finished 33rd.............:sly:

In the Time Trials, you just pick a track, Class, your car, and enter. Your time posts automatically after about 30 minutes, or however long they update.
I'm not sure where you get the 30 minutes from.
The online leaderboards [accessible from the game itself] update as soon as you post the time. I'm not sure if they post while you are still running but they very well might. I haven't paid that much attention but I know for a fact that every time I have posted a hot lap I could go straight to the leader boards in game and the lap is always there.

The web based leader board is another story that must run on a timer and just updates the times at some interval rather than in real time as the times almost never show up there right away but the one in game is real time.

I think but I am not sure that I have had the hud showing the #1 time and my time and when I beat the #1 time it showed my time as the #1 time. This would seem to indicate that the leader board was updated before I even exited the TT but can't confirm as I had to exit the TT to see it.

Why are there so few TT records? I'm like 3rd or 4th on some and I'm a horrible driver.

As said above, the game is new. Also, you have to enter time trial mode to post times. And you have to get clean lap times. Aaaand... So many track layouts. Some tracks have plenty of times on some car classes. Others don't. Driving the caper stock car on the nurburgring is madness. Therefore only a few posted times :)

You realize that there are over 6000 leaderboards..on pc anyway? The most popular leaderboards will be the popular race cars like the GT3's and FA on the popular tracks like Spa, Imola, Silverstone etc.

Back