Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,134 comments
I have about 2 tenths left base on optimals
IMG_2651.jpeg
IMG_2652.jpeg

Does anyone have any good braking reference for the blind corner near the WeatherTech billboard, I keep ruining my line which is affecting my speed. I will try to record some runs explaining better what I'm talking about. I've got to reach silver territory this weekend if I can.

Thank you as ever - your lap-guides save the likes of me a lot of time in figuring TTs out.

I'm sure the controller users appreciate the 'pad laps' you now include, but as a fellow bumper cam wheel user, I miss the Martin Brundle-style no pause sections you used to do. They were my go-to source most weeks, as I could run them on YouTube at 0.25x or 0.5x speed to figure out nuances. I realise I can just download your replay from the console to say my own YouTube account and do the same, and that you can't please everyone, but I also now you invite and appreciate feedback.
Ooo interesting, appreciate the feedback! I'll see about adding it again as I feel the pad lap and the brundle lap are similar although I realise I do talk about pad tips/tricks when I do it.
@Tidgney claims that when a car snaps it is easier to catch on controller than with a wheel. He said that, for example, last week with the X-Bow and the week before with the Toyota GT-One. And it seems to happen the same with the Jaguar.

Sadly I can't tell you the difference because I never used a wheel but I understand it is indeed no problem catching with a controller, the hard thing would be managing throttle right when is demanded.

Edit: congratz on your new PB 😎
Definitely far easier to catch a car with a pad than a wheel, just due to the quick lock to lock you can do. There's also some assist in the background for Pad users I believe, but don't know much about it.

Does anyone have any good braking reference for the blind corner near the WeatherTech billboard, I keep ruining my line which is affecting my speed. I will try to record some runs explaining better what I'm talking about. I've got to reach silver territory this weekend if I can.
To my mind it depends on how straight your entry is. If you are coming in following the curve (more to the left), you need to dab the brakes before the curb in order to straighten up your line, then braking as soon as the curb straightens out. If you are coming in parallel to the last part of the curb (more to the right) you can just brake at the start of the curb. My experience, because of how inconsistently I hit the first apex, was that I would come in either way and had to decide on the braking/entry point as I was going up the hill. I am aware that this is not optimum, but neither is my driving. The blind turn in spot is the same in either case. Obviously your speed will have a great deal to do with the exact spots.

Back