Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,389 comments
Ah, so jealous... Wish I could be there...
Who are you cheering for, or considering where you live, it's stupid question 😁
Of course I like to have max on pole, but I'm not in particular a max fan, I think a lot of drivers deserve to have a year in such a dominating car, that thr boy is fearless does help a lot 🤣, but I'll cheers for everybody 😁👌
Are you doing the whole weekend? I visited Zandvoort (track) in February for the first time, a great place to visit when it isn't on raceday (less said about the town the better :odd:). Fun fact I was born in Heemstede and lived in Lisse when I was young, and my family had a house in Noordwijk-aan-zee for a few years in the late 90s. Great country, great people! I'm jealous :bowdown:

(Sorry mods for going off topic....) errrr time trial something something etc etc Ferrari lesmo ascari grrr
You have got to be kidding me, I live in Heemstede??, turns out to be a very small world 🤣
This year I'm only doing quali day, new vacation, PS5 and saving up for a new TV now 🤣🤣
(Indeed sorry for the of topic, but I had to aswer this one! 😁)

P4 time, I'll hop on later on for a lap I think and if not I'll do it tomorrow, I'm kind of stuck in my own habit on Monza, then the old @Dolph Drago come along with his suppaduppalap and I have to find a freaking second or something.
So first I'm going to study your lap and see where the hell you eat those tenths

But this one is so much fun, cant see myself pulling a top 500 on this one, but I'm sure going to try!

So close…
1693081740813.jpeg

Closer still…😂 first 5 laps at RBR
1693082624847.jpeg

Last edited:
Got under 1:46 yet still not where I want to be. The couple of invalidated 1:45.8xx laps I put down are infuriating. I STILL don't know where the limits of some of those curbs are. Oh well. I think if I can avoid penalties with almost perfect (for me) sectors, a 45.7 is possible. I'll be hard pressed to get 45.5, though.
IMG_2304.jpg

I'm so angry right now. Physics in this game created the unmatched burning hatred in me for every single corner of this track in this car, with this BoP. I would really like to meet the man who programmed the code for surface characteristics outside the asphalt itself (curbes, green stuff besides the curbes etc.), and I would like to meet him in a quiet soundproof room. Also, what the hell is happening with the traction on this car, what is wrong, if it's not 1000% straight line, perfectly steady, ideal, then I spin instantly on 10-15% throttle input. This is impossible. I mean, come on. I thought the Maserati was bad, but oh my god. Like someone said earlier, with the latest physics change, all "road" cars feel the same? Maybe not but for the most part they are all extremely annoying to drive.

Only thing left for me in this game are these time trials and competing with you guys here, sharing results, having fun. I don't do daily races because of the very polite drivers that play bumper cars, I just don't want to do that to myself. Single player was done and dusted a year ago, all cars collected, all licences golded, all events won, all missions completed, so... Time trials. And to find myself sweating like a pig, more from stress than anything else, and wanting to smash my wheel to pieces, while I'm trying to improve one or two tenths that I KNOW I can... But I can't actually, I can't go into the 49s at Suzuka because the NSX behaves differently every time I hit a kerb and I need one million attempts to find a tenth, I can't go into the 45s at Monza because sometimes this P O S wants to make the first turn, sometimes it just spins for no reason under braking and light turning, sometimes the traction out of turn 1 is nice, 7 out of 10 times I just spin with the slightest amount of throttle. No wheel correction is possible when this thing loses traction, if you correct it, you just end up like Senna, if you don't correct it, you spin. Oh and you want to talk about understeer? Haha, go into the corner 1KPH faster, off you go wide, trailbraking seems to not work properly, maybe they forgot to connect the rear brakes in this BoP or something.

All in all, I give up on this, BTW I managed to catch some new mega covid variant a week ago, was pinned down in bed for 4 days with some horrible fever, I'm barely recovered and decided to enjoy myself a bit last night and tonight while still coughing my lungs out on every straight... Better to stay in bed until this TT is over.

SHARE_20230826_0832030.jpeg

Over and out, and good luck to all you guys in achieving your goals :cheers:

Forced myself to have a solid session after everyone went to bed tonight. 220+ miles later I ended up at a 1:45.650

Frustratingly close to the top 100 but another 30/40 miles yielded no improvement. So this'll do for now.

Maybe you misunderstood me, I need one for DualSense, that will say PS5
eXtremeRate Black Real Metal Buttons (RMB) Version RISE 2.0 Remap Kit for PS5 Controller
I have an earlier version of this. Works well enough - with a bit of soldering you can even map l3/r3 if you wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forced myself to have a solid session after everyone went to bed tonight. 220+ miles later I ended up at a 1:45.650

Frustratingly close to the top 100 but another 30/40 miles yielded no improvement. So this'll do for now.

eXtremeRate Black Real Metal Buttons (RMB) Version RISE 2.0 Remap Kit for PS5 Controller
I have an earlier version of this. Works well enough - with a bit of soldering you can even map l3/r3 if you wanted.

Thank you. I will create separate thread with my questions about experiences with back buttons /paddles so we keep this thread about what it is, Time Trials.

Bit of a weird lap for me, as I'm unable to put any power down in 2nd gear at the first chicane without spinning, so I have to use 3rd there; and for some reason I'm faster through the first Lesmo and Parabolica when I miss the apexes by a mile as opposed to actually hitting them...

I could probably gain another 0.5s if I could properly apex all the corners and use the correct gears...

Last edited:
Had a slightly better lap this morning but still am all over the place, but @Blayney guide was very helpful, thanks for that mate!

If I hit apexes eraly in the lap Ascari goes absolutely ****, and when I mis apexes early on Ascari goes well..... 🤣

So we learned again to day and we proceed from here 😁

Found some time @ 1:46.303

Ah happy it helped 😊

Watched your lap, legit all you need to do is plow in more laps and just fine tune so each corner is maximised now I reckon - that lap is great.

A classic Ferrari and Monza. Love the car and the track. Great combo. Got down to 1:50.225. I may actually try for Silver on this one.

You guys are sooo fast and smooth. A pleasure to see. Thanks.
Loving it as well, even if most of my laps are disqualified for track limits. Snuck into silver with my only clean lap today. Very happy to keep lapping this one.

Thanks mate it, did help a lot!, there should be more miles to come, the goal was sub 46, almost there now 😁🤣, Ascari keeps on killing me 🤣

Sooooo close....🙈

View attachment 1283144
But when are you going to stop improving your time ?? Is it the fact of going to the Zandvoort circuit or is it Max Verstappen who gave you advice ?? 🤣🤣
Bravo à toi 👏👏👏👏. Tu es fort , vraiment très fort !!!!!👽👽👽

Put a few sessions in at suzuka the last couple days, and managed to get down to a 51.111

I am surprised as i usually struggle a lot with gr2, but i do like/know the track which i am sure helped a lot.

Not sure I'll go back for more, although it's tempting to try and get a 50.xxx. replay is shared in case it can help anyone. Haven't touched the others yet

Put a few sessions in at suzuka the last couple days, and managed to get down to a 51.111

I am surprised as i usually struggle a lot with gr2, but i do like/know the track which i am sure helped a lot.

Not sure I'll go back for more, although it's tempting to try and get a 50.xxx. replay is shared in case it can help anyone. Haven't touched the others yet
Today I dropped the final round of the Toyota-cup in favour of a return to Suzuka. Finally I managed to reach my goal of a sub-52-lap and optimum would be even golden... Great fun and good improvement during the last days. Spare time ist short these days but I would like to return again and again...

Attachments

• 18a3753a2768-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18a3753a2768-screenshotUrl.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 9
I got distracted on the Monza CE beating the ghost that I didn't really have much time to put a good effort in with the 330P4....
Sad Anthony Anderson GIF

We are all very sorry - I mean really ^^ - if you've been distracted but as Monza CE seems to be an exercice where you're really excellent, we all invite you to keep on beating ghosts there 💪
#KeepFighting!#MayThe4th

Thanks for sharing these precious informations with mortals and humans :lol: :cheers:

After a long break from Gran Turismo, I finally had time to get back into the cockpit today.
And what did I see, Monza in a Ferrari, a terrific combination.
After some time to get used to the car, which is really a beast, I was able to burn a 1:45.409 into the Italian asphalt.
Very challenging but also very rewarding to drive.
Half a second is still possible if I hit all sectors perfectly, but the limit is really very tight.

IMG_0054.jpeg

But when are you going to stop improving your time ?? Is it the fact of going to the Zandvoort circuit or is it Max Verstappen who gave you advice ?? 🤣🤣
Bravo à toi 👏👏👏👏. Tu es fort , vraiment très fort !!!!!👽👽👽
🤣 come oooonnn ......Max aint got nothing on me! 🤣😅🙈
But dont be fooled, my 46.0 lap was after a stint from 7 to 9 AM, restart..... invalid....restart.....invalid..... again and again,
I'm like realy bad in building up the speed, I go 300% from t1, so my window of succes is small...... 🤣, but if I nail one.....🤣

Plus this one I already like so much right now, the feeling of power out in 4th on the Parabolica just waiting to feel the rear very slowly step out.....,

So.....im not done yet, sub 46 is still the goal! 😁😁

Every corner from 1 chicane to lesmos is kind of hit or miss, so many laps go away very early.
I spent an hour pushing the resart button, went at 3,16% for a while, and than this one came.
20230827_184236.jpg

I'm not even sure if i can reproduce it. By now i enjoy the moment of being temporary 1541° (god bless the last holiday weekend)

@Pesselles I will no longer be distracted after today. But the last couple days it was the final race of the Toyota GR cup and not the Monza CE.

Fortunately, I won my race today! And should receive quite a nice prize for finishing top 5 in my region.

Monza will be the focus tomorrow! We'll see if Gold is in the books.
Congrats for your score, I've tried today the Toyota GR Cup but wasn't very successul (only gained 3 places but no points).
I'll try to improve my Monza TT tomorrow too and I'm sure you'll gold it easily :)

It took a frustratingly additional 142 miles today, but I finally pulled out a penalty-free lap and gained a good bit (almost 2 tenths) from yesterday. Thank goodness for the green astro on the outside of the Lesmos. It would have been yet another restart if not for that additional track. By the way, I HATE the second chicane limits. So often this is the look on my face when I see my time turn to red ---> :mad:

IMG_2308.jpg

Last edited:
Back