Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,362 comments
150 miles in the BRZ this evening and seemed to have sorted sector 1 and 3 but forgotten how to drive 2. Managed to hook it together for 7 hundredths improvement over my best lap and tantalizing close to a 12.2xx
1701145267271.jpeg

1701145286098.jpeg

Leaderboard

1:12.721 - RX Vision
1:12.853 - Ford GT '17
1:12.902 - Suzuki VGT
1:12.925 - Supra GT500
1:12.948 - SLS AMG
1:13.043 - Beetle
1:13.076 - 911 RSR
1:13.113 - Viper
1:13.300 - Gold cut-off
1:13.624 - Golf VGT
1:13.671 - Silhouette
Oh boy...I thought I already drove the very slowest cars, but it turns out the Lancer is poor as well. I've driven it plenty of times before, and it's one of my favourite Gr.3's to drive alongside the Supra GT500. But it lacks power, a lot. Barely good enough for gold.

After an hr and a half, I managed some tiny improvement. However the merical lap never happened, which would've put me in the 1:11.7s

My left leg is sore, and I can barely walk. @Gomario JSP , have fun screaming bloody murder at the TV in the morning. I'm sure you will best me by another few hundredths by the time I wake up 🤪

View attachment 1306813
Rise and shine @Evilmuffin 😁

Seriously.....3 thousands of a second?!! This guy......every single time 🤣🤣
Hilarious battle mate!, I love it 🤣

The bazooka lap didn't work for me either, I was at .159 before the sweeper and ended up left on the sand (wich I never am there) .... I think that would have been a 11.6 but nooooo..... just sand between the teeth.

So the bad thing is.....this was my last session for now, I'm off to Belgium now for a week, so I'll doubt I revisit this one, cause there is a new one next week.....

The good thing.....

18c1516fca53-screenshotUrl.jpg

After some failure that was......🤣🤣🤣

18c14fad72048-screenshotUrl.jpg

Happy hunting mate, we know a 11.6 or 11.7 is doable, I hope you nail it!, peace....I'm out 🤣🤣

*edit, swapped screenshot, is was the wrong one 🤣🤣 01:11.823

Attachments

• 18c0fb1b43c0-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18c0fb1b43c0-screenshotUrl.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Leaderboard

1:13.322 - Lancer
FINALLY, TIME FOR THE BIG GUNS.

Now that I've taken care of most of the mediocre cars, I finally got to try cars that are very competitive, as well as heavenly to drive.

I give you...GR Supra and RCZ! Nothing else to say, both have an amazing handling as well as plenty of power.

Rise and shine @Evilmuffin 😁

Seriously.....3 thousands of a second?!! This guy......every single time 🤣🤣
Hilarious battle mate!, I love it 🤣

The bazooka lap didn't work for me either, I was at .159 before the sweeper and ended up left on the sand (wich I never am there) .... I think that would have been a 11.6 but nooooo..... just sand between the teeth.

So the bad thing is.....this was my last session for now, I'm off to Belgium now for a week, so I'll doubt I revisit this one, cause there is a new one next week.....

The good thing.....

View attachment 1306888

After some failure that was......🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 1306877

Happy hunting mate, we know a 11.6 or 11.7 is doable, I hope you nail it!, peace....I'm out 🤣🤣

*edit, swapped screenshot, is was the wrong one 🤣🤣 01:11.823
While the battle is fun, it is a bit exhausting :crazy: I already said last night session would be the last one, so I'm just going to call it a day for big willow. Have fun with your trip knowing you won't be haunted by some demonic pastry 🤪

@Dolph Drago You are awfully quiet these few days :dunce:

What do you recommend, ABS by default or weak with the steering wheel on Willow in BRZ?
Definitely weak, can't get the car turn at turn one and the downhill left with abs normal.

Sure, if you reach consistency and only a few invalidated laps it is there. It is still time left... Good luck!
Thanks.
I can't reach consistently bcs I'm doing restart after every lap - delta times are disturbing me.
Not even mentioning ghost...

BUT, I did it! I went into Gold zone!

1:46.969

Here it is, I had some luck on, for me cursed first turn, but I managed rest of the lap and good chicane pass:

Never before had look on two golds at the time, now that happened too:

18c15ec18c283-screenshotUrl.jpg

Dear Porsche beast, thank you for driving pleasure:

18c15ebf2ec25-screenshotUrl.jpg

Leaderboard

1:12.349 - GR Supra
1:12.448 - RCZ
1:13.322 - Lancer
Two more cars tested! One was a pleasant surprise, and the other a disappointment.

Let's start with the worse...the Atenza. It's probably the most stable car I've driven so far, very consistent and predictable. However, the engine is weak, and that makes it one of the worse cars.

8C, however...OH MY GOD I'M IN LOVE :drool:

That car is just planted, the only problem being minor understeer, but that's normal for an MR. I think it's easily like one of my top 3 faves in Gr.3 now.

But for now, I gotta take a break, I think I've deserved one. :) Still have to do better at Daytona too, so small break from Gr.3 testing! Also, if you guys care for this, feel free to suggest the next car for me to run. I'll rule out the Peugeot and Citroën VGTs due to no interior... :lol:

Last edited:
But for now, I gotta take a break, I think I've deserved one. :) Still have to do better at Daytona too, so small break from Gr.3 testing! Also, if you guys care for this, feel free to suggest the next car for me to run. I'll rule out the Peugeot and Citroën VGTs due to no interior... :lol:
excellent work @TumeK5 - I’ll save you some time though… ignore the Subaru WRX Gr.3

Not much to show at Daytona today. I did another 30 laps but even my session best today was half a second off my PB. The one thing I will say is that I invalidated much fewer laps today than any other stint. The bus-stop feels a lot smoother, which is good practice for if I start a lap and get a good S1 and S2.

We'll see what comes tomorrow. I'm about ready to start Big Willow. Just thinking to get a safe Gold there. I want to do some stuff around single player.

Not much to show at Daytona today. I did another 30 laps but even my session best today was half a second off my PB. The one thing I will say is that I invalidated much fewer laps today than any other stint. The bus-stop feels a lot smoother, which is good practice for if I start a lap and get a good S1 and S2.

We'll see what comes tomorrow. I'm about ready to start Big Willow. Just thinking to get a safe Gold there. I want to do some stuff around single player.
I set a 46.3 pretty early on and I've been back about every day and I just can't find a groove there. I thought I would really love that car at that track but truthfully I don't care to ever drive the Daytona road course ever again. 😂

Gave Willow Springs a proper go in the BRZ last night and set a 1:11.920 which places me 172nd currently. I guess this combination is actually suiting me quite well.

The BRZ is a very nice car to drive, well balanced and good grip. My only issues so far have been in the middle sector, ensuring I am able to put the power down properly without wheel spin on the exit of Turn 3 and 4. I've decided not to use the dirt on entry to Turn 5 as I find this unsettles the car too much which makes it difficult to get the turn in point correct.

The optimum is a 1:11.671 so there is still a bit of time left in the lap, and I feel this may actually be achievable to get as my fastest lap had some wheel spin in the middle sector and a slow first corner which cost me a tenth or so.

Tonight will be my last night to try the GT3 RS around Daytona, but I feel I won't be able to improve with this one so I'm not going to attempt any more laps here. Also still waiting for my HRC Certificate for beating the FL5R Nurburgring lap time 🤔

I set a 46.3 pretty early on and I've been back about every day and I just can't find a groove there. I thought I would really love that car at that track but truthfully I don't care to ever drive the Daytona road course ever again. 😂
The Daytona Road Course is not a particular favorite of mine. It really stems from Turn 1 in particular. Even as inconsistent as I've been at the bus-stop, I kinda like that part.

I've put in about 20-30 laps each day since last Thursday. Decent progress in that time, but the closer we get to our optimal times the more difficult it gets to actually get there.

I really enjoy the car though, especially on racing tires.

@Dolph Drago You are awfully quiet these few days :dunce:
I needed a little bit of a break from the game, so I took a day off from it. I'm off work for the next 5 days (I have way too much PTO to use before the end of the year, and it's either use it or lose it :P), so I'll have plenty of time to spend in front of the TV and yelling at the screen when I mess up the final sector when on a hot lap. :lol: I am about to hop on now to see if I can get any improvement tonight.

The Daytona Road Course is not a particular favorite of mine. It really stems from Turn 1 in particular. Even as inconsistent as I've been at the bus-stop, I kinda like that part.

I've put in about 20-30 laps each day since last Thursday. Decent progress in that time, but the closer we get to our optimal times the more difficult it gets to actually get there.

I really enjoy the car though, especially on racing tires.
I did a quick race with it at the Ring (where I'm absolutely terrible) and it was one of the best races I've ever had in the game. Such a beautiful car for actual road courses. It's so forgiving and predictable and just intuitive at the limit.

I felt rejuvenated after my one day break from GT7. I did 3 decently long sessions around Willow tonight. Each had a sub 1:12 optimal. I couldn't quite reach it, but I'm getting closer. What I really want to know is what in the world did I do in sector 2 on lap 4?? Oddly, I think it helped me through the final turn on my top lap. I was down by over a tenth after that sector, already chalking the lap up as a loss when I zoomed 'round the last corner. I think it was the lack of pressure - zero nerves assuming I had no chance to improve upon that lap. But when I looked at the split at the bottom of the screen coming off the corner onto the front straight, I was taken by surprise that I was about to set my personal best. Oh, by the way, I found another 'Muffin' on the leaderboard. :mischievous: I'm within spitting distance of him.

IMG_2661.jpg

That lap 4 sector 2 time. How??
IMG_2660.jpg

The other 'Muffin.' A crusty one. :lol:
IMG_2663.jpg

@Dolph Drago I already had my last lap for Big Willow yesterday. I'm sure by Thursday you will be ahead of me 😖
I wouldn't be so sure. I still need a 3/4 of a tenth just to get into the 1:11's. Then another tenth to get by you. It'll be a tall order on such a short circuit.
Now what are we getting next? Can they get something fun like mx-5 touring car at say ..deep forest? Or something mad like Ford GT-350 at Le Mans?
Other than the Olympic TT, have we had another TT at Deep Forest? I can't think of one off the top of my head. Something mad would be better whatever it may be (but please nothing on dirt or snow lol). I tend to finish higher up the overall leaderboards in more difficult handling cars than those with high downforce that everyone can push more easily.

When was the last time we had Suzuka?
Now it's easy to check with @half_sourly's results thread!
40Suzuka Circuit | Full Course - Gr.217 August 2023

And to answer my own question from before - the only TT we've had at Deep Forest:

Olympic Esports Series 2023 Motor Sport EventDeep Forest Raceway - Toyota GR010 HYBRID '2127 April 2023

Last edited:
I felt rejuvenated after my one day break from GT7. I did 3 decently long sessions around Willow tonight. Each had a sub 1:12 optimal. I couldn't quite reach it, but I'm getting closer. What I really want to know is what in the world did I do in sector 2 on lap 4?? Oddly, I think it helped me through the final turn on my top lap. I was down by over a tenth after that sector, already chalking the lap up as a loss when I zoomed 'round the last corner. I think it was the lack of pressure - zero nerves assuming I had no chance to improve upon that lap. But when I looked at the split at the bottom of the screen coming off the corner onto the front straight, I was taken by surprise that I was about to set my personal best. Oh, by the way, I found another 'Muffin' on the leaderboard. :mischievous: I'm within spitting distance of him.

That lap 4 sector 2 time. How??

Nice dolph!, i took a look at your lap from my mini vacation location 😁, you are prob. going to be faster then me AGAIN.....but..
First thing I notice is you go to 4th early before T5, I do stay in 3th, rev the heck out of it and wait with 4th till you hit the apex, it makes it a little difficult but when you hit it you make big time! and you'll be for sure sub12 , it's were I made my time 100%

Good luck!

Last edited:
Back