Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,391 comments
Are we twins? Only real difference is that I only managed a bronze so far after a few quick laps. I feel confident that I can a gold but it might take me a while.
Yeah it took me at least 4 hours spread over a few days - the chicane out the back was the real sticking point with the controller, I had to drop into 4th to get through because I couldn't change direction quick enough if I stayed in 5th. Key to faster times was not braking on turn 2, the chicane, or the final corner. Keep at it, you'll get there!

Last edited:
I wasn't planning to set personal best as I was just driving without the ghost to practice some techniques. So I guess I'm pretty happy with the result even I didn't make it into the 1.5% as this was all me, no ghost as reference.

18c560e492575-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, I'm new here - just got the game about three weeks ago, haven't played a GT game since GT5. These time trials are awesome, the current Bugatti one has been a huge challenge.

Managed to gold it with 1:16:458 on a controller, landing at 1,770th. Pretty stoked, but can see room for improvement still.

I'll probably just leave it at that, though, for the sake of my analog sticks.
Welcome! Are you sure about the time though? With a 1:16.458 you'd be in the top 200. Either way, gold is impressive in itself.

well holly, jolly christmas music... Saw the time went down, sigh. Still, I gave it a go and blew a 17.585, for gold. Barely. For this first sunday at least. I actually do enjoy the screaming downforce cars, but please, no more. Mostly found the time by putting together the good sectors. Although, in this 20 lap session, I still had blue deltas on the first and last corners consistently. Just not on the lap with the flying blind chicane. (I started putting my eyes on the green in the chicane as I entered, then squeezing them shut as I squeezed the throttle)

Well, tonight's session at Kyoto went better than expected. Once I got the first sector somewhat figured out, it came down to not overshooting the following hairpin and lucking my way through the esses. I got to the point I was consistently running 20.0's through sector 1, but of course not on my fast lap, which was a 20.1. I'll take the time, though. However, I'm getting aggravated by my daily mileage rewards. 4 straight 3 star tickets and 5 days out of the last 6. 5,000 credits isn't exactly doing much for me. Give me a break, PD! :grumpy:

IMG_2717.jpg

Well, tonight's session at Kyoto went better than expected. Once I got the first sector somewhat figured out, it came down to not overshooting the following hairpin and lucking my way through the esses. I got to the point I was consistently running 20.0's through sector 1, but of course not on my fast lap, which was a 20.1. I'll take the time, though. However, I'm getting aggravated by my daily mileage rewards. 4 straight 3 star tickets and 5 days out of the last 6. 5,000 credits isn't exactly doing much for me. Give me a break, PD! :grumpy:

View attachment 1310705

Ooopsy on turn one! That would've been a low .6s!

Looking at both yours and mine replay, I'm pretty sure the secret to those chicanes is to get the wheels on the gray part of the curbs (prefertably the outside wheels)....as it will actually tug the car in so you don't run horribly wide and crash.

Yeah it took me at least 4 hours spread over a few days - the chicane out the back was the real sticking point with the controller, I had to drop into 4th to get through because I couldn't change direction quick enough if I stayed in 5th. Key to faster times was not braking on turn 2, the chicane, or the final corner. Keep at it, you'll get there!
I found that on the controller, everytime I tried to cut the chicane (like most people's videos) I'd end up in the barrier.

I took the same route as you, tap the brake into the left just clipping the curb, then dropping to 4th to help the car switch direction through the right just clipping the curb again and taking as much of the outer curb as possible on exit.

The top ghost makes a huge getaway up the hill after that so I know where I'm losing time.

S1 and S3 I seem to be pretty close to the ghost and fairly consistent now.

@Jeje6410 Bon anniversaire mon ami!, :):D:)🧁🍰🎂

@Evilmuffin that's a nice time you got there!, i'm a bit fed up with the gazillion miles on WG without any improvement, it's there, but i just can't nail a perfect lap so did my second session in the Bugatti.
I think i have to work on that, had a few laps that actually went pretty well but then i threw it all away in the very last corner.
So still hunting for a clean lap, but man, WR ghost absolutely rockets off on the chicane exit, i loose ALL my time there no doubt.
Maby....maby if i master that i'll be able to clock in a descent time.
Found a tenth this morning but found more invalidated laps :lol::lol:

18c57e6016165-screenshotUrl.jpg

That was smooth!!
If you could cut "THE chicane" a bit more you will get 🥇

Thanks for the mention

I'll have a look at your lap and see where you can improve further

Don't look for the normal racing line. Take the shortest route. Also, last corner, take a wide entry, full throttle, and drop to 5th about 1/2 way through turn

You'll fly out of the apex. Make sure you hit the apex.

Tidy lap. The second chicane is good.

A few small things to work on and you’ll easily be gold.

Turn 1: You’re holding the brakes too long. Trail brake earlier and get in tight to the kerb. You can carry a lot more speed through there.

Turn 2: Don’t brake. Partially lift as you turn in and then hit the throttle again as soon as you’re over the kerb.

Turn 4: Get tighter in to the inside of the hairpin and coast around. Throttle on as soon as you’re pointing at the tree on the outside.

Stay to the left as you approach the esses.

Final turn, start from wide, turn in at the end of the left ker, use more steering angle and lift less. You’ve got a lot more speed to work with there.

I think any one of those gets you into the 17s. All of them and you’re low 17s maybe 16s.
Thanks for the tips guys!
I tried this morning again, and very fast broke into 17s!

1:17.826!

18c582e019c54-screenshotUrl.jpg

Here is the lap:

I'm still not in gold and this may be my limit.
And to be worse, Spanish driver took the lead again, now Jeddah will probably improve...

And to be worse, Spanish driver took the lead again, now Jeddah will probably improve...
we'll see what the champions have to say, but I think I have the same fault as you, at the first chicane, I start the corner too late, which makes me put more angle on the steering wheel and therefore also more angle for the second part of the chicane.... we should try to pass flatter.......but......🤔🤔

I love this Bugatti in the 800/900PP races but this TT......pffff

I'm golden with the Alpine and I enjoyed this TT because there was a minimum of driving: the first bend, and apart from the bus stop, you had to get through the long straight that followed and let the car drift well in the last 2 bends.....
what's more, it wasn't going too fast and my 74-year-old neurons had enough time to manage....😂😂

now it's brutal, the two 180° are easy enough given the way it hangs on, and apart from the two chicanes, the rest is full throttle....

I'm in 1'18.2 and I think that if I threw myself into the chicanes a hundred times in "I believe in God" mode, I could find the gold.....but I'm not sure I want to....

it's too random for me....I might as well go and buy a lottery ticket, I might win a bit of money....

well.....I say that......but I'll try anyway........a little.....😂😂 :gtpflag:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in 1'18.2 and I think that if I threw myself into the chicanes a hundred times in "I believe in God" mode, I could find the gold.....but I'm not sure I want to....

it's too random for me....I might as well go and buy a lottery ticket, I might win a bit of money....
Well congrats, 1:18:2xx is an impressive time because it seems that this Bug' Beast have an scary unlimited grip :nervous:
I'm also in silver (+/- 1 sec from the yellow reward) and have decided to accept this partial victory (I'm atheist^^).

1:17.826!

View attachment 1310777

Here is the lap:

Turn 1 and 4 braked too late. It would've been a low 17s or even into the 16s. Pull back maybe 1/2 a car length and try to get the inside wheel on to the gray part of the curb. It was a really nice lap aside from that 2 corners :cheers:

Happy birthday!

Really happy to see this, I'm thinking I'm getting too old for gaming at 33 but obviously not 😎

Gaming for life :D
The chicanes on certain timetrials with Bugatti's just gets more difficult when you pass your 40's..........:lol:
Check out this forum you have a group called Geezer Club and they are all over 60 !!!!!
When you have passion, nothing stops you, not even a quibble Sir @Gomario JSP 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Back