Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 22,432 comments
After watching the other video guides posted here as well, I managed to improve even more. And it was still a messy lap..

Gran Turismo™ 7_20221119105043.jpg

Hi,

Just slightly off topic but relevant ( I hope! )

I have been back to the TT for the first time in a week. I am using a Fanatec CSL Elite. I cannot feel any feedback in the time trial and I am fairly sure I used to be able to do so.

Would someone be able to share their settings please?

I have what I would describe as "stock" settings and those used by various Youtube streamers - Still no feedback. There is no resistance in the wheel whatsoever ever.

Best regards to all here and apologies if this is too far off topic!

Hi,

Just slightly off topic but relevant ( I hope! )

I have been back to the TT for the first time in a week. I am using a Fanatec CSL Elite. I cannot feel any feedback in the time trial and I am fairly sure I used to be able to do so.

Would someone be able to share their settings please?

I have what I would describe as "stock" settings and those used by various Youtube streamers - Still no feedback. There is no resistance in the wheel whatsoever ever.

Best regards to all here and apologies if this is too far off topic!
Have you tried turning the PS off and on again?
I have a similar issue. I can't set the PS to auto-power off, but only "sleep" mode after X hours.
If it sleeps it doesn't shut GT7 down and when you start the PS again, you'll be in GT7 wherever you left.

Every time that happens I have no force feedback in the wheel (a Thrustmaster T300RS).
The only way I can get it back is by either restarting GT7 or the PS.

May not work for you, but worth a try.

Last edited:
Hello Seadog,

Yep! That fixed it! Thank you!

It has not done this before - At least I now know how to fix it if it happens again.

Thank you again.

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

Hello Seadog,

Yep! That fixed it! Thank you!

It has not done this before - At least I now know how to fix it if it happens again.

Thank you again.

Best regards to all here.

Ian.
I think it started for me after an update - glad it works now for you! It probably will happen again - does it every time for me and I'm trying to get into the habit of shutting the PS down before it goes to sleep :)

Last edited:
I need to get back onto this challenge. I've been grinding for credits on the circuit experience, Sardegna and Tokyo events to build up the car collection before too many of the Legend cars become entirely unattainable...

Has there been much change at the top? I think my previous time of 1:50.5 should still be a reliable silver, but I'm hopeful I can put this one together and scrape through into the gold zone.

I need to get back onto this challenge. I've been grinding for credits on the circuit experience, Sardegna and Tokyo events to build up the car collection before too many of the Legend cars become entirely unattainable...

Has there been much change at the top? I think my previous time of 1:50.5 should still be a reliable silver, but I'm hopeful I can put this one together and scrape through into the gold zone.
No, not much change lately. Bonelli has set a statement with the top time on his home circuit, and nobody dares to challenge him again.😆

Well could only shave a little off - down to 1:52.4xx. Away for a few days so can't do any more.
Still, looks to be a safe bronze, which will do just fine!

EDIT - I did try manual and my best was over 4 seconds slower than auto....... 🤣

Last edited:
Format will be a bit different for the next TT period:

"Online Time Trials:
  • From November 24 to December 5
  • Complete recreation of World Final races to be held as a time trial event
  • Within this period, credit rewards for applicable events will be 2x more than usual"

so if I'm reading it right we get a TT version of Escudo/Big Willow, 330 P4/Watkins Glen, Lambo VGT/Monza, MP4/Interlagos, Red Bull X2019/Trial Mountain Reverse.

Format will be a bit different for the next TT period:

"Online Time Trials:
  • From November 24 to December 5
  • Complete recreation of World Final races to be held as a time trial event
  • Within this period, credit rewards for applicable events will be 2x more than usual"

so if I'm reading it right we get a TT version of Escudo/Big Willow, 330 P4/Watkins Glen, Lambo VGT/Monza, MP4/Interlagos, Red Bull X2019/Trial Mountain Reverse.
5 TT with each with 2x reward? WOW

zjn
5 TT with each with 2x reward? WOW
I'm assuming it's just the 5, the wording is a bit unclear as to whether "World Final" means Nations Cup (those races I listed), Manufacturers Cup and/or Toyota Gazoo Cup - we may get Gr.3s at Deep Forest Reverse and Spa or Supra 18/High Speed Ring, SF19/Tokyo South, GR010/Fuji as well.

or knowing PD, they could just be picking one of those finals to use as the normal 2 week TT.

Last edited:
Sounds like an awesome few days of TT action! I'm assuming it's one per day (matching the event in Monaco) with two on Saturday?? Either way, sounds like a good time to rake in some cashola!

Back