Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,970 comments
Finally got around to trying this Supra at Trial Mountain and boy do I hate it. :D

I'm into Gold (just) but have absolutely no desire to go near it again, not for me.
It is definitely not a combo that you can just go in and bang in fast lap. I still had to do 10 warm up laps just to get myself into the groove before trying for fastest lap.

Well, looks like this one in the RX8 is going to be another grind for gold. Started out closer to 2:30, struggled to break 2:27 for a good half an hour.

Managed to get myself down into the high 2:24’s by the end of the session (thanks @Tidgney for the tips!), and can still see plenty of opportunities for more pace. Finding it much harder than any of the last few TT’s for some reason.

Would like to break into the gold times before I head back to Trial Mountain for a few more runs, but we’ll see how that goes.

Last edited:
Morning all - pleased that I managed to stay in the top 1000 at Spa despite not going back there for over a week, but the Supra is just too much of a challenge to walk away from. To that end, I’m going to hold of on the RX8 until I’ve found a bit more time at Trial Mountain.

A storm in the night had me awake early this morning so I grabbed 10 laps to try and pick up where I left off last night. I don’t know about the rest of you, but this TT more than many others requires me to really build up to decent sector times, dialing in turn-in points and getting ever more adventurous on the throttle. After finding over a tenth last night I picked up another half a tenth this morning, but in a different part of the track… if I stack my best splits from both sessions there is still plenty of time to find.

T1: 30.644
T2: 39.081
T3: 42.148
Full lap optimal: 1:51.873

Until I hook it all up together, this mornings 1:52.137 will have to do.
View attachment 1318423
Don't worry, I still think you did great out there, just keep your chin up and keep going, I'm trying not to give up hope but it looks like I'll never get another gold medal the way I'm going.

Don't worry, I still think you did great out there, just keep your chin up and keep going, I'm trying not to give up hope but it looks like I'll never get another gold medal the way I'm going.
There is a learning curve to these things. I felt the same way not so long ago. You'll find a method that works. Just keep practicing and working your way up the times. You'll get there.

That's again insane for one stint, i wonder what you'll end up when you are putting as much time in as me :lol:

and for the record..... you def kicked me out of the top 100 cause i ended up 102 :lol::lol:
Hey, it could be worse! He knocked me down to 51st in the waning hours of the Alpine Watkins Glen TT, dropping me out of the top 50 by all of one spot. :lol:

As for the Mazda...I'm seeing a pattern from PD recently - small, quick sports cars with a tendency of fun corner entry oversteer every other TT (where I generally do pretty well) while the other TT is usually a high downforce affair (which I don't do as well with). Anyway, I should be fairly happy with this lap. But there were several mistakes that probably led up to a good half second of time lost. Tons of red laps. I'm annoyed enough that brushing the chicane bollard ruins your current lap AND automatically invalidates the next (why??? how exactly does messing up the chicane HELP you on the following lap?? :mad:). But the most infuriating area for me is turn 3. I simply have no idea where the inside track limits are. Every lap I lost my time, my right side tires were still on the line, not to the left of it. Alright, Dolph's moaning is out of the way...for now.

IMG_2780.jpg

Hey, it could be worse! He knocked me down to 51st in the waning hours of the Alpine Watkins Glen TT, dropping me out of the top 50 by all of one spot. :lol:

As for the Mazda...I'm seeing a pattern from PD recently - small, quick sports cars with a tendency of fun corner entry oversteer every other TT (where I generally do pretty well) while the other TT is usually a high downforce affair (which I don't do as well with). Anyway, I should be fairly happy with this lap. But there were several mistakes that probably led up to a good half second of time lost. Tons of red laps. I'm annoyed enough that brushing the chicane bollard ruins your current lap AND automatically invalidates the next (why??? how exactly does messing up the chicane HELP you on the following lap?? :mad:). But the most infuriating area for me is turn 3. I simply have no idea where the inside track limits are. Every lap I lost my time, my right side tires were still on the line, not to the left of it. Alright, Dolph's moaning is out of the way...for now.

View attachment 1318573

Nice work on your 2'22.405 time, phew I thought it was the Nords track, xD. Now I feel better.

Just got a 2:27 and still not enough for a Silver, I realized I have to be 450 Milliseconds faster for Silver and almost rage quit.
Stop squirming around mid-corner ffs RX-8 Spirit RRRRRR!!
I don't know how some here are 6-7 seconds faster it feels damn near impossible with motion steering and all, but ABS assists off.

After the early morning session today I wasn’t sure I was going to run tonight, but did a 25 lap/100 mile stint. Was rough to start with and I almost quit a couple of times, but then ran a couple of laps very close to my PB so decided to press on.

I’d been struggling to get through the left hander after tunnel 2 all night, but after my first 30.5xx in T1 I managed to get though ok and continued to build on the optimal split down the back straight. Little scruffy in the first part of T3 but then managed to get an OK run out of the last corner to record a sub 1:52 lap. Super pleased with this and the adrenaline is still flowing 😂

Never been so high on my friends leaderboard or as close to time trial royalty as I am right now to @Gomario JSP and @Dolph Drago :bowdown: 😂

This might be it for me

1705041816162.jpeg

1705041830466.jpeg

1705041866848.jpeg

Last edited:
Well....anything within 1.5% is a good time. There is a 21.9s there, as the first and last sector weren't that great.

View attachment 1318532

If only your last time digit was a 2 , you just had to stop at 2:22.222 .... you just had to... :lol: :lol:
But that's a good step up mate!, and indeed lots of room to stuff up in a 2 minute plus lap, and if you all got it together the bollard of death stares you in the face...... if you didn't hit it.... then the curb will send you to Jupiter...

I'm still figuring out in what gear to take the last chicane, i mostly take it in second as you do, but had better sectors also taking it in third, the problem with 3th is if you hit the curb at a certain way and it goes........, no way to retun from jupiter and it's all over....

Had a first real session in this morning on the big screen, took me some time to forget the input delay on the Remote play again, but managed some descent laps, had a few 22.0's after each other but everytime i was to scared to stuff it up at the chicane.
So a 21 is absolutely possible for us, no doubt you'll hit it first.

If i look at my lap there is certainly more time to find than a tenth, just has to come together but stars and planets didn't aline this morning....., visited Jupiter a lot tho.....

But not a bad first session, i kind of like the RX-8 feels, rotates quite good.... if only it would so in the last corner before the straight :lol::lol:, we try again tomorrow

18cfcaafe4668-screenshotUrl.jpg

Just got a 2:27 and still not enough for a Silver, I realized I have to be 450 Milliseconds faster for Silver and almost rage quit.
Stop squirming around mid-corner ffs RX-8 Spirit RRRRRR!!
I don't know how some here are 6-7 seconds faster it feels damn near impossible with motion steering and all, but ABS assists off.
Set ABS to weak or normal. ABS off is for the aliens 🤪
zjn
I am starting my trip to survive and hopefully improve without CSA. Any advice, video, whatever? I'm running wheel

Thanks
Let's start with sharing a video of your lap. I'm sure we can give you some advice👍

Set ABS to weak or normal. ABS off is for the aliens 🤪

Let's start with sharing a video of your lap. I'm sure we can give you some advice👍
Thanks @Evilmuffin, I just had a quick run yesterday offline. During the we will give a go at the ring and share it.
Yesterday I shared my TrialM TT lap. That one is still with the assist on. I didn't feel that cambo was the right place to start 😅

I don't know how long I will republish my posts 🤣🤣 but I further improved my time to be at 2'23'437. I will post another video if I manage to get close to 2'23 or below 2'23 🤞🤞, because I don't want to overwhelm you with my videos !!!🤣🤣🤣
I love this combo and this Mazda is beautiful ro drive 💖💖💖
17050718542098392641897611457690.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know how long I will republish my posts 🤣🤣 but I further improved my time to be at 2'23'437. I will post another video if I manage to get close to 2'23 or below 2'23 🤞🤞, because I don't want to overwhelm you with my videos !!!🤣🤣🤣
I love this combo and this Mazda is beautiful ro drive 💖💖💖
View attachment 1318662
Congrats, that's impressive how you master this combo.
Are your replays available in game?

Back