Time Trial Mountain Board : every road car from the game tested [793 cars]

• Thread starter GT_Alex74
  • 204 comments
I'm pretty sure no one would be dumb enough to engineer that in real life :lol:

There are a few cars with this kind of problem though in GT. The Focus ST 2013 is the most famous example (it has a different final gear ratio for 5th and 6th IRL, which the game doesn't take into account), the Golf V GTI in GT4 had two identical gears (I think it's not the case anymore in GT6, at least I haven't noticed it it seems), and the KTMs also have strange values shown for 4th and 5th (according to the values, 5th gear should be shorter than 4th, however, on the graph and on track, this doesn't translates and the gearbox flows nicely).

Looks like I already tested the Infinity VGT in the past : a friend asked me this morning why the same car was in 2 consecutive rows in the table :lol: At least, there's less than a tenth of difference with the old time which will be kept :D

This will be corrected in the next update ;)

Don't you love it when you test a car you've forgotten that you've already tested?

It's a nice surprise when you're faster the 2nd time around :)

Not so nice if you're slower :(

Hey ! Did you miss this ? Do not worry as you can now enjoy a biggie update ! Got quite busy, and still have some ongoing projects right now, but still managed to test out a few cars regularly. Here's the new entries :

Aston Martin DB7 Vantage Coupe
Aston Martin Vanquish
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '03
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
TVR Griffith 500
Jaguar XKR Coupe
Jaguar XKR R Performance
Jaguar S-Type R
Toyota Supra RZ
Toyota MR2 GT-S
Mazda / éfini RX-7 Type R-S (FD) '95
Mazda / éfini RX-7 Type R (FD) '93
Mazda / éfini RX-7 Type RZ (FD) '95
Mazda / éfini RX-7 Type R (FD) '91
Mazda / éfini RX-7 Type RZ (FD) '93
Mazda / éfini RX-7 Type RZ (FD) '92
Mazda / éfini RX-7 Type RS (FD) '96
Mazda RX-7 Type RS-R (FD) '97
Mazda / éfini RX-7 Type RZ (FD) '96
Chevrolet Camaro SS '00
Dodge Viper GTS '99
Dodge Viper GTS '02
Audi RS4 '01
Audi TTS Coupe
Audi RS6 Avant '02
Audi RS6 '02
Audi S4 '03
Dodge Neon SRT4
Shelby Series One Super Charged
Mazda RX-7 Type RS (FD) '00
Mazda RX-7 Type RS (FD) '98
Mazda RX-7 Type RZ (FD) '00
Mazda RX-7 Type R Bathurst R (FD)
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A
Shelby GT350

Also ran two interesting online races :

- World War III, with a '97 Civic Type-R, a Focus ST170 and a 206 RC on Autumn Ring reverse. After 3 races, we still couldn't say if one was better or worse than the others. Very close battles with this trio, if you have a bunch of friends to race online, you should definitely try this !

- Grand Valley 300km : I tried to recreate this iconic endurance race from the GT series online with different stock cars. I tried to get a great variety of cars, while keeping them as balanced as possible, then distributed randomly among the 14 drivers registered. Here's the result :

20150510.jpg

And here's the distribution of the cars :

Driver / Car
Alex / Spoon Civic Type-R (EK9)
Valgar / Mugen S2000
Siberg / Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR
Psyko / Subaru Impreza WRX STI 6 Type-R
Crachtest / Ford Focus RS
Chat / Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport (C4)
Crazy Kia / Mazda RX-7 Type RS-R (FD) '97
Shenron / Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33) '97
Aweoob / BMW 135i Coupé
Ricket / Mercedes SL 65 AMG (R230)
Ailef / Jaguar S-Type R
t45y6 / Toyota Supra RZ
Alain / Nissan Fairlady Z Version ST (Z33 Option Wheel)
Adrien / Lotus Elise 111S

All cars were running between 1:40.7xx and 1:41.4xx on Trial Mountain. Note that the drivers were of different levels, so this is purely for fun, but still surprinsingly well matched in the end (there was a lot of battles at different places during the whole race), except for the Jaguar, the Mercedes and the Supra who were at disadvantage for a great result (endurance issues for the first two, handling for the last).

The race was run on very fast depletion (which was too much, next time I'll just run it as fast). I was running the Spoon Civic, made 5 pit stops and was 1:30 ahead before being disconnected at lap 59. The Spoon was fast (and I also trained too much :D), but had great fuel economy, which made me basically gain 20 seconds for each pit stop compared to someone who had to get a full tank. I could have made it in 3 stops, but the front tires were already at 6 in the front at lap 10.

The Lotus could have done it with 2 pit stops only, but its driver had to deal with non-race-related issues several times during the race, otherwise he would have been a great contender for the win.

The Mercedes was insanely fast in straights, but had hard times in corners : that made it a pain in the back end to overtake, and even I, being the fastest on track, had to wait several laps for his tires to give up and leave an opening after a mistake. Though, the real problem with the Mercedes was it drank 3 times the fuel I was using, and had to pit every 7 laps for a full tank :lol: The result is still kind of impressive, with 3 stops more than most of the grid.

The Focus performed incredibly well in this race, though I think it could have made less stops, as it was nearly as fuel efficient as the Spoon, while being more gentle on the tires.

BONUS : picture of a nice action at 1st corner

grand_81.jpg

Update :

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Aston Martin V12 Vantage
Aston Martin One-77
Fisker Karma EcoSport
Shelby GT350R
TVR V8S
TVR Cerbera Speed 6
TVR T350C
TVR Tamora
TVR Tuscan Speed 6
TVR Cerbera Speed 12
Audi A2 1.4
Audi Quattro
Audi S3
Audi TT Coupe 1.8T Quattro '00
Audi TT Coupe 3.2 Quattro '03
Audi S4 '98
Audi TT Coupe 3.2 Quattro '07
Audi RS6 Avant '08
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic
Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro
Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro Chrome Line
Audi Nuvolari Quattro
Audi Le Mans Quattro
RUF BTR
RUF CTR Yellow Bird

How was the Yellow Bird? Interesting that the RX-7 tied with it. At Mid-Field the spread is over 2 seconds.

Coming up on 500 cars, I see. Exciting isn't it? 👍 :cheers: :D

How was the Yellow Bird? Interesting that the RX-7 tied with it. At Mid-Field the spread is over 2 seconds.

As I love them : fast and dangerous :D It's difficult to get full throttle at some points with it on Trial Mountain, due to the layout and bumpy surface, and the 5 laps restriction hurts it a bit I must say. But it really could have been worse (the BTR is, surprinsingly). It's still quite close to the Shelby GT500 in the ranking, similarly as what you have on Midfield.

Coming up on 500 cars, I see. Exciting isn't it? 👍 :cheers: :D

Must find something dumb to test for the occasion :D

Must find something dumb to test for the occasion :D
Thanks for the relentless testing! :bowdown:

How about some of these for pushing up to 500th (shameless plug, need these for the Makeshift Shuffle lists):

Toyota MR-S V Edition (6MT) '02
Nissan Skyline Coupe 370GT Type SP '07
SRT Challenger SRT8 '08
RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7
Honda/Acura NSX Concept '13
AutoBacs Garaiya '02

And for the 500th, how about the Mazda RX500? Rotary Breadvan Power! :lol:

Yeah, it's been quite a while since I last updated this, but I'm still fooling around ! To tell you the truth, after a summer break, I had not much time left for the testings, being busy running two championships (especially my ST200 class, which turns out to make some incredible racing) and with more personal stuff (and I also built myself a nice PC so elt me enjoy it :D). As things are running along pretty nicely by now, I've decided to make some space in my schedule to go up and finish this project (also we're planning some events in my team which will need the use of the time board).

First of all, a new column appears in the file : transmission type. It can come useful as a filter. The XLS is now in version 3, and updated in the opening post as usual. Hope you'll enjoy.

Back to business : I had finished the remaining RUFs before going idle on this, but this wasn't updated here. What I just did : ALL the Honda NSX lineup (except the HSC and 2013 Concept, which are due for next update). So, here's a recap of the new entries :

RUF 3400S
RUF RGT
RUF CTR2
Honda NSX '90 / '95
Honda NSX '97 / '99
Honda NSX Type S ’97
Honda NSX Type S ’99
Honda NSX Type S Zero '97 / '99
Honda NSX Type R '92
Honda NSX '01
Honda NSX Type S ’01
Honda NSX-R Concept '01
Honda NSX Type R '02
Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car

Notes :

The 3400S and the RGT are unsurprinsingly cheated, but the CTR2 is a disaster, and would be a hundred times better as a rear wheel drive only. It all comes down to the fact the front wheels barely have any traction and ruin a car which would be otherwise very nice as soon as you get some gas with the steering wheel turned.

As for the NSX's, it appears the rev.1 NA1 is not that cheated (+12 PP still being quite a bonus, as long as you can master it), the rev.2 NA1's lacking already a bit more fairplay to the competition because of a slightly improved stability... but the Type R ! Ho my [CENSORED SEXUAL INTERJECTION] [insert your favorite divinity's name here] ! It's not even comparable to the others : it's so much more stable, easy, Cheated with a big C ! The NA1 Type R is particularly mindblowing after driving a regular NSX from the same year range which requires more tact : the Type R keeps asking for more, and more, and more... it's like it begs you to crush it under your foot just to tell you you're not even close to what it can take...

On the NA2's (the ones with fixed headlights), the sensations are closer to the '92 Type R in terms of handling, and with the 6 speed gearbox, that makes them really cheated regarding to PP ratings. Then arrives the NA2 Type R, with a shorter final drive and a bit of aero work to sink the nail with your head you're banging on the wall because of how much it corners fast so easily :banghead: And after that we wonder why the Best Motoring crew opposed it to Lambos, 911 and such on Motegi.

All the NSX were tested with ABS on : even the very first out of the production line already had a 4-way ABS, considered to be revolutionary by the press back in the days (even though some owners convert it to the updated unit, which is a bit more effective, but it seems it's mainly because it is smaller and lighter).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brings me to the fact the '02 Type R was officially the 500th car tested ! Means we're in for our top 10 series (disclaimer : those were registered before the testing of the NSX LM Road Car) :

Top 10 "real street cars"

1 KTM X-BOW R

2 McLaren MP4-12C

3 McLaren F1

4 Ford GT '05

5 Ford GT '06

6 Ferrari Enzo

7 KTM X-BOW Street

8 Ferrari 458 Italia

9 Nissan GT-R Nismo

10 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6)

No more LCC and XJ200, getting kicked out by Austrian fellows. Looks like with a bit of help, a motorcycle manufacturer can build some good cars... The X-Bow R is really a race car with licence plates, such performance on open roads is difficult to be conceived. Both KTM's are not easy when you try to get the most out of them and tickling their limits, but you can keep a margin and still show your middle finger to basically anything else while overtaking on the outside.

Top 10 "cheated cars"

1 Lotus Elise 111 R (S2) > +61 PP (loses 5)

2 KTM X-BOW Street > +48 PP (new entry)

3 Honda NSX Type R '02 > +46 PP (new entry)

4 KTM X-BOW R 01:30,862 > +45 PP (new entry)

5 Honda NSX Type S ’01 > +45 PP (new entry)

6 Lotus Elise Type 72 (S2) > +42 PP (loses 2)

7 Lotus Elise (S1) > +41 PP (gains 1)

8 Honda NSX-R Concept '01 > +41 PP (new entry)

9 Amuse S2000 R1 > +39 PP (loses 7)

10 Ferrari Dino 246 GT > +38 PP (loses 3)

NSX riot ! The japanese supercars are breaking in, getting in fights with Lotus lightweight contenders to steal some of their points, while telling the little brother on steroids to hold back. It is to be noted that this top is now composed at 70% by Honda and Lotus
icon_lol.gif

Of course, the KTM's also take a good slice of the cake here, while Ferrari is the only manufacturer remaining which tries to keep an illusion of diversity in there. Meanwhile, the 111R is not amused and keeps doing the cheater sensei.

Interesting fact : the Amuse R1 is the only non midship car in that top.

Flop 10

1 Jay Leno's Tank Car > -176 PP (minimal guaranteed value)

2 Jay Leno's 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado > -122 PP (worse by 7)

3 Buick Special "Bu'Wicked" > -91 PP (worse by 2)

4 Mercedes SL 65 AMG (R230) > -90 PP (worse by 3)

5 TVR Cerbera Speed 12 > -81 PP

6 Aston Martin V8 Vantage > -73 PP

7 Citroën GT Concept > -68 PP (worse by 14)

8 Mercedes SL 600 (R230) > -67 PP (improves of 4)

9 Cizeta V16T 01:39,672 > -67 PP (worse by 1)

10 Ford Shelby GT500 > -59 PP (worse by 7)

Decided to get the Tank Car in that list, although the figure showed here is not representative of the reality : based on the corrected PP of cars around its lap time, it should be at more than 200 PP under what GT6 tells us
icon_lol.gif

Funny thing is all the cars which remained in the flop managed to somehow even get worse :D (with the exception of the SL600). Another Mercedes gets out, taking the Silverado with it (and also the Catheram but it would have been out anyways if the Tank Car was taken into account earlier for this flop).

Welcome back! I wasn't expecting this return, that's for sure, I thought that you had retired from the test driving biz for good, but you have come back for more... And it's good to see you back, make no mistake about that. Good luck for the future, and continue to enjoy your time driving all these cars, good or bad! :)👍

Also, surprised to see that the 3400S cheats, but at least that makes the car fun to drive. It's balanced for the most part, except when you hit a slow speed corner and it goes back to being a RR Ruf. But when speeds increase, it's so poised and nippy... Still nowhere near a match for the brilliant NSX Type-R; Senna would be very proud of these MR monsters, always on edge and ready to be driven until exhaustion. That VTEC engine, close-ranged gearboxes and a chassis which handles curvy roads like a dream... These cars are true embodiments of the Type-R philosophy, and hopefully one day the new NSX can get closer to that level once Honda drops most of the luxuries. Nothing wrong against the new NSX, but it's a little too grown up to be labeled as a NSX in the first place.

New cars added :

Honda HSC
Honda / Acura NSX Concept
Chevrolet Nova SS
Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69
Chevrolet Camaro SS '69
Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z Concept
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe '97
Chevrolet Camaro SS '10
Dodge Charger 440 R/T
Dodge Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi
Dodge Challenger R/T ’70
Grand Touring Garage Mustang Trans-Cammer
Mercury Cougar XR-7
Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster
Plymouth AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel
Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack
Plymouth Superbird
Pozzi MotorSports Camaro RS
Shelby Cobra 427
Shelby Cobra 427 S/C Chrome Line
Stielow Engineering Red Devil
(also forgot to say I had retested the Acura NSX in the previous batch)

Notes :

- The last few NSXs keep being NSXs. The LM Road Car has still a quite impressive cheat factor considering it is right at the bottom of the overall top 10. But to me, the HSC is the most impressive : to make it simple, it's a Type-R version of the NA2 Type-R. The modern 2013 NSX doesn't have a cheat factor because the electric engines' torque brings the PP up, but it's as fast as a GT-R while being much more fun in my opinion.

- As hinted at the top of this spot, I took car of all the classic muscles that weren't already tested (took the opportunity to round off the Chevrolet dealer for good) : only one of them pre '80s muscles gets positive PP adjustment (with a whooping single point bonus). The others are pure failures in that regard, fighting hard with each other to get a spot in the Flop 10 :lol: My arms must be 2cm larger now :D Don't get me wrong though, I really enjoyed some of them, but they're definitely not blessed by PoDi's PP calculations.

- Funny and interesting thing to look at when comparing both Camaro from 1969 (which makes a perfect illustration of a point I made in an article against Diesel engines I wrote) : they both have identical gearboxes and chassis, feels the same handling-wise on track, and pretty close power / weight stats (which all slightly favors the SS over the Z28 on paper). But the Z28 is actually faster by 2.7 seconds !
How is that possible, you might ask. Pretty simple : the Z28 revs higher, and delivers the power in an adequate rpm range. With the same gearbox, the 500 rpm difference makes for a 20kmh (12 mph) top speed gap (180 kmh vs 200 kmh). The SS also shifts earlier, and thus generally accelerates less. Here are all the figures, with torque and power curves attached :

ceB3Sir.jpg

Rev limit : 6500 rpm vs 6000 rpm
Power peak : 6000 rpm vs 5000 rpm
Max power range (about 90% and more of peak power) > it is difficult to get precise figures out of the graphics provided by GT6 as we don't have proper scaling, but rough estimations will do it (feel free to measure on your screen with a ruler if you want :D ) : a 1500 rpm range full of power up until rev limit vs a tad more than 1000 rpm range and a drastic loss of power 500 rpm before rev limit. The SS really has more power compared to the Z28 when you look at 4500 rpm and below, but those are barely used - if at all - under race conditions.

The lap time difference completely comes down to that, and while I expected the Z28 to actually perform better, I clearly didn't thought the difference would be that huge.

Hello, my name is Silvia.
ee3USGb.jpg

Cars added :

Nissan Silvia 240RS (S110)
Nissan Silvia (CSP311)
Nissan Silvia Q's (S13) '88
Nissan Silvia Q's (S13) '91
Nissan Silvia K's / Dia Selection (S13) '88 - '90
Nissan Silvia K's (S13) '91
Nissan 180SX Type X / 200SX / 240SX (S13) '96
Nissan Sileighty (S13)
Nissan Silvia Q's Aero (S14) '93
Nissan Silvia Q's Aero (S14) '96
Nissan Silvia K's Aero (S14) '93
Nissan Silvia K's Aero / 200SX / 240 SX (S14) '96
Nissan Silvia Varietta (S15)
Nissan Silvia Spec-S Aero (S15)
Nissan Silvia Spec-R Aero (S15) '02
Nissan Silvia Spec-R Aero (S15) '99

So, what do I have to say excepted that none of them sports a negative delta :D No surprises here, they fit pretty much around the spots I expected them to be in the board.

About ABS : except the S15s, all of them registered their best lap without it. In fact, I just tried 3 laps with ABS on one S14 and one 180SX S13, felt basically no difference, so didn't even bothered switching it on on the others. On S13s in general, ABS was an pretty unusual option, and not described as something effective. For the S14, well... it looks like it was an option as well, and seing as how much "how to" or "how do you" topics related to ABS removal a Google search on the terms "S14 abs" returns, it doesn't look like to be quite good as well :lol: (Ok, it may also be related to space issues for fitting fat turbos, RB's or V8s though :P )

Disclaimer : the good comments on those Nissan cars doesn't mean I endorse in any way the shameless eviction of Paletou and Reip from Nissan's racing program.

Update (haven't translated yet the comments on the english sheet, will do that later and reupload the file then) :

Lamborghini Countach LP400
Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary
Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype
Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4
Lamborghini Murcielago LP 640
Lamborghini Murcielago LP 640 Chrome Line
Lamborghini Reventon
Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 Super Veloce
Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4
Bugatti Veyron 16.4
Mazda Eunos Roadster J-Limited (NA)
Mazda MX-5 & Miata J-Limited (NA, J)
Mazda MX-5 & Miata (NA)
Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package)
Mazda Eunos Roadster SR-Limited / V-Special Type II / MX-5 & Miata S-Special (NA)
Mazda Eunos Roadster S-Special Type I / VR-Limited (NA)
Mazda Eunos Roadster J-Limited II (NA)
Mazda MX5 & Miata SR-Limited / J-Limited II / VR-Limited / V-Special Type II (NA)

Notes :

- From Lamborghini, both Countach drives real fine, Miura and Gallardo are a bit wilder but very manageable and fun. But then, hooooo Murcielago... I think being gored by a combat bull feels similar :D Unless you get that little magical artifact which stabilizes instantly the car and makes you gain nearly 3 seconds : here I call, the SV's rear wing !

- The Veyron understeers like a camel, but in this class, it finally remains very accessible. For something that hits 250+ km/h on the back straight hill...

- Yes, finally, I started doing the MX-5 / Miata / Roadster series ! 1st gen is done with by now, and technically, after thorough comparisons, it appears GT6 has 7 different configurations for the NA (8 entries in my file because of a PP difference), over the 21 models in GT6. Here's the details :

/!\ WARNING : as I own one of these in real life, the following might get past acceptable NERD levels for you to bear. Unless you're even worse than me. /!\

There's 4 different suspension setups (from soft to hard : A, A+, B, C), 4 LSD configurations (Open, VLSD, Torsen), 2 final differential gears (4,3 and 4,1), obviously 2 different engines (1.6l and 1.8l), and weight differences.

(Note : in GT6, for each edition, the MX-5 and Miata - called MX-5 Miata in the game for obscure reasons - are identical, while the Eunos Roadster version always sports at least one difference comapred to the Mazda ones.)

---------- (Susp / Diff / Eng / Wght)
- Pack 1 : (A / Open / 1.6 / 940kg) ... MX-5 & Miata J-Limited / 89 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4 cars
- Pack 2 : (B / VLSD / 1.8 / 1000kg) .. Eunos SR-Limited / V-Special, MX-5 & Miata S-Special >>>>>>>> 4 cars (2x2 if PP difference taken into account)
- Pack 3 : (B / VLSD / 1.8 / 990kg) ... Eunos S-Special / VR-Limited >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2 cars
- Pack 4 : (C / VLSD / 1.8 / 980kg) ... MX5 & Miata SR-Limited / J-Limited II / VR-Limited / V-Special >>> 8 cars

And "uniques" :

- Eunos J-Limited ..... (A+ / Open / 1.6 / 950kg)
- Eunos 89 .............. (A / Torsen / 1.6 / 940kg)
- Eunos J-Limited II ...(B / VLSD 4,1 / 1.8 / 990kg)

Doing a detailed comparison with real life, every special edition showed in GT6 only been sold in Japan, so they exist in real life only as Eunos Roadsters, and every single MX-5 or Miata something-limited or stuff-special doesn't exist in real life.

Also, all 1.8l from 1994 (year they began to export those engines outside Japan) and after are normally equipped with 4,1 diffs instead of 1.6l's 4,3 - some japanese editions effectively sporting 4,3 Torsen on 1.8l engines, but it's an extremely rare configuration which may have only existed on the RS-Limited).

Problem : in GT6, EVERY 1.8l except one got a 4,3 diff (even '95 and '97 which should have a 4,1 I think), and ALL are equipped with what looks more like a VLSD (viscous type diff), while Torsen is pretty much the norm on 1.8l Eunos Roadsters in real life... The '89 Special Package 1.6 however gets a different LSD from those, and it feels much more like my own car ('94 1.8 Swiss package with Torsen and OEM Bilsteins) when testing the reactions on tight hairpins with comfort mediums (I should try that on rain).

Spring rates however look fine, B and C setups being what I'm supposed to have on my OEM Bilstein, while A and A+ match with the base Tokico.

KILLCOUNT = 15

jeH2mxX.jpg

And the raging bull met its fate in the middle of this entertainment slaughterhouse, venue of torment and debauchery which humans pleased themselves in giving it the sad nickname of arena. Yet it didn't gave its last breath without bringing the Matador to hell with him and delivering his soul to the devil, rewarding the horrified crowd with a fountain of hemoglobin, drawing from the springs of the torturer's cold heart, which was capable of nothing but fan out the deep and vivid red wine of sin.

Gj2HV48.jpg

Another brick in the wall.

MSZbYBm.jpg

The Reliant Robin seeked for vengeance and this time, it's finally the Bean who got standing on its side.

0ISbm86.jpg

Mini heritage, maxi rollover.

(Forgot to put the Lambo pic last time)

So yeah, new update here with lots of new cars, and the Excel file up to date in both languages :

Mazda Roadster / MX-5 / Miata 1600 NR-A (NB)
Mazda Roadster / MX-5 / Miata 1.8 RS (NB) '98
Mazda Roadster 1800 RS (NB) '00
Mazda Roadster 1800 RS (NB) '04
Mazda MX-5 / Miata 1800 RS (NB) '04
Mazda MX-5 / Miata 1800 RS (NB) '00
Mazda Roadster RS (NC)
Opel / Vauxhall Tigra 1.6i
Opel Speedster / Vauxhall VX220
Opel Speedster Turbo / Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione
Lancia Stratos
Mazda Carol 360 Deluxe
Mazda Autozam AZ-1
Mazda Demio GL-X
Mazda Demio Sport '03
Mazda 2
Mazda Demio Sport '10
Mazda Cosmo Sport 110S (L10A)
Mazda Cosmo Sport 110S (L10B)
Mini Cooper 1.3i
Mini One
Mini Cooper
Mini Cooper S ’02
Mini Cooper S ’05
Mini Cooper S ’07
Mini Cooper S ’11
Mini Cooper S Countryman (R60)
Chrysler Crossfire
Chrysler Prowler
Chrysler 300C
Lexus LFA
Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package

Also, I filmed myself doing the Stratos run, thought it would be interesting and if there was only one to record, it would be this :D You may see my screen nearly flying off my wheel stand if I decide to upload the whole run :lol: I'm waiting for a friend to record capture the best lap since I don't have the tools, and I'll try to put up something.

Last edited:
Wow, you hadn't driven the LFAs yet? That's somewhat surprising, given its reputation and whatnot... Still, looking forward to reading your thoughts on both cars. The same goes for your Stratos video, if you get lucky enough to upload it without hassle. 👍

And you rolled a whole lot this time around, did you fit jelly suspensions to all your tested cars? :lol:

No, actually I'm pretty surprised not to have died more often with the Murcielagos :D For the two following, I tried too hard shaving time by eating that curb... forgot little cars like that didn't like this one...

As for the LFA, the suspension is a bit too harsh for Trial Mountain, they do not absorb the bumps very well and bottleneck the car on this track. The Nürburgring package doesn't perform better because of that. On a regular circuit though, I can see where it could come useful.

Well you are an experienced driver, you can handle raging bulls just fine. ;) And yes, soft suspensions, light bodies and high curbs don't really mix, I've experienced that firsthand in the game myself... Even when the power is little, you can still roll it.

So it's a car with a suspension far too stiff for an up & down-esque track such as TM? I do supposed that might be the case, since the stock car is a somewhat loose supercar and the Nurb Package comes with additional understeer as a result of the fixed rear wing and such. Maybe the flat tracks like Suzuka and Twin Ring Motegi bring out the best out of the LFA...

I do bet that you enjoyed the Demio '10, even despite an atrocious transmission (it's nice for beginners but boy is it dull for racing). That car has a lovely stable handling and feels quite light.

I mostly roll low power cars around this corner because I don't try as much to hit it with faster cars, as it upsets the more powerful ones. With low power cars, you can shave a bit of time by getting extra inches, but as you see, it doesn't ends well everytime :lol:

The LFA still holds a pretty nice time, in the range of a GT-R or F430 Scuderia, but it's not giving its best here.

The 2010 Demio is nice, indeed, and although the CVT is not really my style, I must reckon it is pretty efficient. I raced it in a 350-500 PP lobby on Le Mans yesterday, and it managed to keep up with more powerful cars on the straights. But it's more fun with a real gearbox in my ST200 specs :D

(Also, I improved the caption under the Lambo killcount picture. Inspiration came by when I was writing the french version :D )

KILLCOUNT = 18

8UYjItK.jpg

Hyundai Coupé the chicane too much.

YLN4Qt9.jpg

So crash. So Swift... (to barrel roll to the wall).

ceQO1MB.jpg

That's probably why the convertible roof concept never made it into production.

So, here we are for another update (expect more cars in that range during this month updates since I'm trying to find as much cars as possible around the 48 second range for a sunday cup event) :

Honda Prelude Si VTEC '91
Honda Prelude SiR '96
Honda Prelude Type S ’98
Honda Prelude SiR S Spec '98
Honda Prelude Type S ’96
Honda Accord Coupe
Honda Accord Euro-R '02
Honda Accord Euro-R '00
Honda Accord Coupe EX
Hyundai Tiburon Turbulence
Hyundai Tuscani CCS
Hyundai Tuscani / Tiburon GT / Coupé FX
Toyota MR2 1600 G (AW11)
Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited Super Charger (AW11)
Toyota Corolla Levin GT-Apex (AE86)
Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex (AE86)
Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex (Shuichi Shingeno Version)
Toyota Sprinter Trueno / Corolla Levin BZ-R
Toyota MR2 G-Limited
Lexus IS 200
Toyota Altezza AS200
Toyota Altezza RS200 / Lexus IS 200 (J)
Toyota Altezza Gita AS300 / Lexus IS 300 Sport Cross
Toyota Starlet Glanza V
Toyota Supra SZ-R
Suzuki Swift Sport '07
Suzuki Swift Sport '05
Suzuki Concept-S2
Infiniti G20
Nissan Primera 2.0 Te
Nissan Stagea 25t RS Four S
Nissan Stagea 260RS Autech Version
Mazda Familia Sedan Sport 20
Mazda Protégé
Mazda Atenza Sport 25Z
Mazda 323 F
Mazda Lantis Coupe 2000 Type R
Mazda 6 5-door / Atenza Sports 23Z
Mazda 6 / Atenza Concept
Mazda Axela 23S

Notes :

- Preludes : this is a mess. The more PP, the slower they seem.
- AE86 : the Trueno and the Levin have identical specs except for the rev limit, which is 500rpm higher on the Levin. Power and torque curves are identical otherwise. The power drops on that 500rpm range the Levin has, but it gives you more room for shifting, as 7500rpm is the ideal shifting point. On the Trueno, it's the revlimit so you have high chances hitting it and losing time in the process. Thus, even though I registered a slightly faster time in the Trueno (drove it in second), the Levin is superior in that regard. I'm still wondering why PoDi did this, I'm unaware of such difference in real life.
- Stageas : I love them. It's not new, but driving a big wagon like a hot hatch always works for me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now we're over 600 cars, time to take a look at the tops :

Top 10 "real street cars"

1 KTM X-BOW R
2 McLaren MP4-12C
3 McLaren F1
4 Bugatti Veyron 16.4
5 Ford GT '05
6 Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 Super Veloce
7 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4

8 Ford GT '06
9 Ferrari Enzo
10 KTM X-BOW Street

The Veyron and two Lambos snug in, kicking out a Ferrari, a Nissan and a Corvette out of the top.

Top 10 "cheated cars"

1 Lotus Elise 111 R (S2) > +66 PP (gains 5)
2 Honda NSX Type R '02 > +49 PP (gains 3)
3 Honda NSX Type S ’01 > +48 PP (gains 3)
4 Opel Speedster / Vauxhall VX220 > +47 PP (new entry)
5 KTM X-BOW Street > +46 PP (loses 2)
6 Honda NSX-R Concept '01 > +46 PP (gains 5)
7 KTM X-BOW R > +45 PP (stable)
8 Amuse S2000 R1 > +45 PP (gains 6)
9 Honda NSX Type R '92 > +42 PP (new in top)
10 Lotus Elise Type 72 (S2) > +41 PP (loses 1)

NSX and Elise are playing musical chairs around here, as some of them gain PPs while others loses a bit with new additions in the board. The only "real" new entry here is the Speedster... which is basically a Lotus for people who aren't as well provided in the pants area. The 111R earns back what it lost previously, bringing back hope it may break the 70 PP cheat factor in the end. Notice how most of them earn even more PP... Amuse R1 still fights against the midship domination.

Flop 10

1 Jay Leno's Tank Car > -176 PP (minimal guaranteed value)
2 Jay Leno's 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado > -118 PP (improves of 4)
3 Buick Special "Bu'Wicked" > -92 PP (worse by 1)
4 Mercedes SL 65 AMG (R230) > -91 PP (worse by 1)
5 TVR Cerbera Speed 12 > -81 PP (stable)
6 Stielow Engineering Red Devil > -74 PP (new entry)
7 Aston Martin V8 Vantage > -72 PP (improves of 1)
8 Citroën GT Concept > -68 PP (stable)
9 Mercedes SL 600 (R230) > -67 PP (stable)
10 Cizeta V16T 01:39,672 > -67 PP (stable)

Chevrolet showing Ford how muscle's done. The rest of the top is pretty much stable.

Last edited:
I guess you swiftly dealt with those Suzukis, huh? :sly::lol:

Alright, before I get the coat, I have to agree with you on the Preludes; after driving them both for the COTW thread, it was obvious that the Type-S does not match its pricetag or its PP rating. It doesn't help that the ATTS system is just embeed into the LSD, instead of being its own part with a specific setting a la AYC. So, instead of making the S drive better, it makes the car heavier and slower than its lighter counterpart, the SiR S Spec... In short, the ATTS gimmick is worth nothing for the supposed top Prelude, and you are better off with the SiR S. Talk about being screwed over by technology...

You summed it up perfectly. I noticed they tried to somehow emulate the ATTS with esoteric LSD settings, but thought maybe there was something "invisible" behind this... Turns out there's not and the thing basically handles like an open diff : they couldn't have screwed it up more.

As for the Swifts, I don't know if you also have those commercials with the speed dating we have currently on air in France. Crashing two of them made me laugh way too hard.

I also believe that the Type-S's suspension settings are slightly stiffer than the SiR S's, but I could be wrong on that... But considering that the nose is already too heavy to make that work, it only makes the car feel worse under acceleration on corner exits... It was not the correct way to emulate the ATTS, that much I know, and I didn't even drive the car in real life!

We certainly do not have those, sadly; the last Suzuki commercial I recall seeing is that Vitara one where the car arrives at a crowded town in a desert and it's cheered on like a hero... Suzuki barely has any exposure around these parts, which is a shame, because the Swift is not that bad of a car. The Sport in particular seems to be a grown-up take on lighter hot hatches like the 106 S16. It's a hot hatch for the light-hearted driver, I think.

Ha, yes, we had this Vitara one here, also. As for the Swift Sport, it is indeed a very good car, especially for the price it's sold at. I know several owners, and they're nice. I tend to prefer the first version (the one in the game), the last restyled one looking more bulky, but it's not really heavier and features a 6 speed gearbox, which is a nice improvement over the previous.

*FREE BONUS PIC (featuring a friend's Swift Sport)*

523836_3259318247856_1982399578_n.jpg

See? It looks the part, even next to sports car such as the Celica and the MX-5... Its predecessor, the Ignis Sport, is not half bad either, there is actually one for sale here in Portugal. If only I had the money (and a driver's license at the ready, haha)...

I bought my first car (CRX ED9) at 17 (got it cheap at the time), my dad "took care" of it while I had still no license, and my mother nearly had an heart attack when she saw that in front of the house :lol: As a result, by the time I was able to drive it, my dad had already smoked every local ricer with it, so they didn't bothered me :D

Haha, talk about a fortunate childhood. Your dad was kicking dat VTEC before you were old enough to do the same, now that's being a good dad. :lol:👍

No VTEC on ED9 : that's a D16A9 engine, 130hp stock. Read the word stock : mine had same power as a B16 :D

And yeah, my dad made me lose my car inhibitions very young :lol:

Update with following cars :

Mitsubishi GTO SR / 3000GT SL & SR '95
Mitsubishi GTO SR / 3000GT SL & SR '96
Mitsubishi GTO SR / 3000GT SL & SR '98
Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MR / 3000GT MR '95
Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '95
Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo '95
Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo / 3000GT VR-4 Turbo '96
Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '98
Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 / VR-4 Turbo '98
Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MR / 3000GT MR '98
Spoon CR-Z
Nissan Skyline HT 2000 Turbo RS (R30)
Nissan Skyline HT 2000 RS-X Turbo C (R30)
Nissan Skyline GTS-R (R31)
Nissan Primera 20V
Mitsubishi Airtrek Turbo-R
Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 DOHC Turbo VR-4
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type V
Toyota MR-S S Edition
Toyota MR2 Spyder
Toyota MR-S V Edition (6MT)
Toyota MR2 Spyder (6MT)

Notes :

- Same problem with the GTO batch than with the AE86 couple : some seemingly identical versions have different rev limits (happens on 2 trio of cars actually).
- As on the regular version, the Spoon CR-Z allows for only 2 land a half consecutive laps before running out of batteries. You then need to add approximately 1.5 second to your lap times - and braking phases are not sufficient to charge back the batteries enough for the electric engine to kick back, even for a short moment.
- The Legnum is said to have AYC, but doesn't feature the specific setting like the regular Lanevos in the game.
- On last gen Toyota MR, suspension setup and weight distribution are significantly different between MR2 and MR-S versions. MR2's have harder front springs and softer rears, which make them more stable at high speeds. The 6 speed gearbox is in fact 5+1, and makes no difference in itself on Trial Mountain (engine is however a bit different). Also, they're completely cheated... (+48 PP for the 6MT versions)

KILLCOUNT = 20

5smCahY.jpg

Kusabinnedit.

eX8aGJ7.jpg

We had to explain to our newest engineers that the rotary concept was only meant to be applied to the engine...

Added cars :

Toyota Soarer 2.5 GT-T / Lexus SC 300
Toyota Soarer 430 SCV / Lexus SC 430
Toyota Aristo 3.0V / Lexus GS 300 '91
Toyota Aristo V300 / Lexus GS300 '00 / Vertex Edition
TOM'S X540 Chaser
Toyota Caldina GT-Four
Toyota Supra 3.0 GT Turbo A
Toyota Supra 2.5 GT Twin Turbo R
Trial Celica SS-II (ZZT231)
Spoon Integra Type-R DC2
Jaguar E-Type Coupe
Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury
Jaguar XKR Coupe '10
Jaguar XKR-S
Jaguar XFR
Toyota Vitz / Yaris F '99
Toyota Vitz / Yaris U Euro Sport Edition
Toyota Vitz / Yaris RS 1.5 '00
Toyota Vitz / Yaris RS Turbo
Toyota Vitz RS 1.5 '07
Toyota Vitz F '12
Toyota Aqua S
Mazda / Savanna RX-7 GT-Limited (FC)
Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC)
Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC, J)
Mazda Kusabi
Mazdaspeed Atenza
Mazda RX-8 Concept (Type-I)
Mazda RX-8 Concept (Type-II)
Mazda RX500

Note on the Aqua S : seeing its lap time, I suspect the power showed in the game only takes into account one of the engines. But then, there's a little issue with the car : batteries autonomy is even worse than on the CRZ, and only allows me one flying lap
icon_lol.gif
Thats barely 4 km or 2.5 miles...

To tell you the truth, with low powered cars, I have to do a u-turn at the beginning of the session so that I can have enough run-up speed not to impact negatively the first lap's time. With the Aqua S, I have to do this with extra care not to use batteries, otherwise the electric engine will cut even before I cross the line at the end of my lap :D So I have to go up the hill very slowly, then let off the throttle down the hill to charge the batteries a bit before turning back again, going slowly back to the right corner, and then only go full throttle to allow the thermal engine to rev up and carry enough speed.

Yes, there's another thing with that car : the CVT and hybrid combination produces a strange behavior on standing starts. The thermal engine will rev up very slowly, up to the point it decides to suddenly go to max power RPM and stay there (as with any other CVT car) until you come to a complete stop (or nearly). So I also had to take this into account for the run-ups...

Doing a lap with electric engine off ? That's 5 more seconds here...

Latest Posts

Back