Time Trials - PP Rankings incorrect

• Thread starter BroncosXR8
  • 6 comments
Australia
Sydney, Australia
GTP_BroncosXR8 or BroncosXR8
So, I'm one of those guys that like to do time trials, I run all my cars (stock) at Bathurst in time trial mode.

However, GT7 has an issue with the Ranking boards and the PP rating.
Some cars show completely incorrect PP ratings, and for some of the Ranking Boards cars that don't fit into the PP rating for that board are shown in there.

A case in point is;
The Audi Sport Quattro S1 Pikes Peak has a PP of 714, yet it shows in the PP600 Ranking Board, instead of the PP700 board.

The Toyota TS050 has a PP rating of 928 yet is showing on the PP700 board.

Has anyone else noticed any inconsistencies in PP ratings, and time trial boards? That's some whack coding right there.

I noticed. Also, the pretty useless 100-400 boards.

At first I thought it to be the original PP count, but the '65 MINI Cooper was in my 600PP page, with only 522PP.

Could it be that others are handicapping or modifying their cars so they aren't at the original PP any longer?

If you can see a replay you might be able to at least see what tires they're running.

Could it be that others are handicapping or modifying their cars so they aren't at the original PP any longer?

If you can see a replay you might be able to at least see what tires they're running.
No this is about solo time trials. I use these to compare specific cars on specific tracks.

So, I'm one of those guys that like to do time trials, I run all my cars (stock) at Bathurst in time trial mode.

However, GT7 has an issue with the Ranking boards and the PP rating.
Some cars show completely incorrect PP ratings, and for some of the Ranking Boards cars that don't fit into the PP rating for that board are shown in there.

A case in point is;
The Audi Sport Quattro S1 Pikes Peak has a PP of 714, yet it shows in the PP600 Ranking Board, instead of the PP700 board.

The Toyota TS050 has a PP rating of 928 yet is showing on the PP700 board.

Has anyone else noticed any inconsistencies in PP ratings, and time trial boards? That's some whack coding right there.
I think the PP system was massively changed somewhere during GT7's development, which is why the 2020 reveal gameplay has no decimals and lower PP values than the release version. These lower PP values (the ones used in the time trial leaderboards) are very close to the GT5 and GT6 PP values, and they are also the values used when in Offline Mode and Splitscreen with the rental cars.

Edit: The Sport Quattro also had 633 PP in GT6, which further proves that two separate PP calculations are running in GT7.

Last edited:
I think the PP system was massively changed somewhere during GT7's development, which is why the 2020 reveal gameplay has no decimals and lower PP values than the release version. These lower PP values (the ones used in the time trial leaderboards) are very close to the GT5 and GT6 PP values, and they are also the values used when in Offline Mode with the rental cars.

Edit: The Sport Quattro also had 633 PP in GT6, which further proves that two separate PP calculations are running in GT7.
I am going to go out on a limb and say that they put ZERO effort into the ranking board and it's not actually showing PP. Rather, it's somehow mixed with the old showing the old N system. It needs fixing.

Same with saving laptimes to the MFD

And, a helpful addition would be giving me the car's PP and tire info rather than just the weather in the hover pop-up

I noticed. Also, the pretty useless 100-400 boards.

At first I thought it to be the original PP count, but the '65 MINI Cooper was in my 600PP page, with only 522PP.
The 100-400 boards really irk me too haha. There's simply (currently) no cars that use them.

Back