Tips for me on Super license...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Total_turbo
  • 15 comments
  • 850 views

Total_turbo

(Banned)
Messages
208
lol.. i've tryed to do the super license but this 2 time plaing i forgot how to beat it again..need tips plz...
 
Are there any tests in particular you are struggling with ?

What I find in every case is that I brake too much. Try watching the demo to see where braking is needed and how much.

Some say use the ghost others say don't.

Those who say don't use it say so because if the ghost is in front of you it can distract you and you may turn or brake at the wrong time.

My theory is this - the ghost needs to be behind you and is a good indication if you are going quick enough to get through.

Do a slow run where you are very careful. Then do a quick run where you are wreckless ie don't worry about going off track.

You need to know the limits of the car and the only way to find out (in video games) is to go past their limit.

Also if possible buy the car, turn TCS and ASM off and do 10 laps in free run.

For a confidence boost do this. Do a slow run at S-1. I did this and was surprised that I was only about 6 secs off. Then did quick run. If after doing 2-3 quick runs you are not within 1-2 secs then go to S2 and do the same. Eventually I reckon you will get one where you will nail it and that will give you that racing confidence.

Try the Pennzoil Skyline at Midfield. That is relatively easy.
 
Originally posted by gumpy
For a confidence boost do this. Do a slow run at S-1. I did this and was surprised that I was only about 6 secs off. Then did quick run. If after doing 2-3 quick runs you are not within 1-2 secs then go to S2 and do the same. Eventually I reckon you will get one where you will nail it and that will give you that racing confidence.

I did that for the Super License too . If posibble , just drive the car around the track properly , ignore the timer and take your sweet time . Once you get the feel of the car and the track , then you can start driving fast , attacking corners , etc. I usually see the demo once or twice to see where I usually lose time . Oh yeah , make sure you turn on those indicators or whatever in the replay options ;)
 
Watch the replays, they can help a lot to give you a good racing line.
 
The easiest S License (Does it really stand for Super?) is probably the Pennzoil Skyline at Midfield or the Opel Speedster at Apricot Hill.
 
Practicse Practise and Practise. all of the above techneques are very good
 
Originally posted by Small_Fryz
Practicse Practise and Practise. all of the above techneques are very good

Practice on your spelling too :p j/k
 
hehe :D you can tell i really like the spell check on word
 
thx all..u guys r great help......and for u who spells word worng..its ok..i spell things wrong too..when i am typing fat...oops i maen fast*
 
I read a great tip somewhere which really helped me a lot on S8 (the GT One race car at Monaco / Cote D'Azur). Do the test with a manual transmission and never go below 3rd gear. This will help minimize the time-robbing wheel spin as you power out of the many tight turns there. Good luck!
 
i need help on the settaltle track "S2 " i can't pass it an help..i know i did it beofee but i forgot how to pass it..or just tell me all the stregy u use in all the S license plz!!!
 
I haven't beaten S2 yet but am close. What I did was did one slow lap. This was about 6 seconds off the bronze time.

I then watched the demo closely for the first chicane. I did the chicane 10-20 times until I knew how to do it without too much braking.

Then did the same for the next few corners.

I haven't finished the process but I am confident the problem is that you probably don't need to brake as much as you do somewhere. This is my problem.

Watch the demo and you will probably be surprised at how the AI car takes 1 or 2 of the corners becaause it is quick.
 
I don't know if my advice would help but if you can't beat the Super Licenses then hear me out; I got through them by not only being careful but by also trying the tests over and over. I got through with all gold medals. (p.s. By watching the demos you can learn the best lines and speeds.)
 
Occasionally, the analyzer is also a good tool to use. I used it on one S-test (S7) and 2 races later beat it. It's overlooked many times but when I'm desperate, I'll try anything once.

See if it works for you.
 
Originally posted by El Kabong
I read a great tip somewhere which really helped me a lot on S8 (the GT One race car at Monaco / Cote D'Azur). Do the test with a manual transmission and never go below 3rd gear. This will help minimize the time-robbing wheel spin as you power out of the many tight turns there. Good luck!


This is what I used as well, it's one of the best tips for S license.

S8 was the worst one for me.
 
Back