Tips for Race C: F1500-T at Brands

• Thread starter Ben Hunt
  • 7 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I'm pretty certain this is going to be my race this week: proper fast car at an awesome track... but it sure is a handful!

I can't bring myself to add any TCS, that's just not in the spirit, so it's going to be a great exercise in squeezing the throttle.

I'm toying with taking a smooth approach, as though you're driving on worn tires the whole time, even sticking it one gear higher for certain corners, like doing the hairpin in 2nd and the next left hander in 3rd, ignoring the computer recommendations. I do find 2nd gear very short, so easy to spin out.

The handling is funny on this car. Sometimes it seems like I'm late on all apexes, other times at slow speeds it seems to turn in very sharp.

Whatever happens, it's going to be a fun week taming this beast.

What are your tips for racing the F1500 at Brands Hatch?

Try staying in a higher gear whenever possible to help with spinning, even if it means dropping to the lower gear for turn in and then clicking into a higher gear for exit, usable 1/2throttle in a higher gear is better then spinny 3/4 throttle in a lower gear.

No tips from me as I've never driven this car and from the sounds of things maybe I'll be the one needing help when I get around to running. At least Brands Hatch is usually a decent track for me. Still wish it was the SF though.

Avoid it. Did super formula league race at the weekend (at Brands). That was a bit of a pain to do.

I’m not sure if this is just my headphones (Sony platinum playing from cockpit view) but:
Turn down the opponent engine volume and turn yours right up. At the start of the race the other engines drown out your own. I had a terrible start as I couldn’t hear my engine and shift gears at the right point.
Started 10th screwed up the start (as I couldn’t the hear engine), Got nerfed into the gravel trap and was last on the first lap. Managed to claw my way back up to 7th :)

Last edited:
Brake balance +5 and TC1.
Trail braking help a lot , mainly in turn 2 , 4. No downshift turn 3.
Yeah brake balance forward is best, I’m using +3.
And don’t try and accelerate out of druids hairpin in 2nd gear. By all means use 2nd for a bit of engine braking on the way in but shift in to 3rd before you hit the gas. This helps to stop you spinning and wasting time with a gear change.

Back