Tips for the Silverstone 10 Lap and 25 Minutes of Le Mans?

I had no problem with the other races, but these two are a pain. I can't seem to find the right car for either. Also, what lap do you guys pit on, and what tires do you use?

I've been pitting right before lap 6 on Silverstone, but my problem is the tires. From Lap 6 to Lap 10 I seem to go through my tires really fast. I have little to no grip during lap 10. Which doesn't make sense at all since I'm driving the same as the first 6 laps. When I pitted in Lap 6, I had about 3-4 on my tires. But by the time I get to Lap 10 I have hardly any grip at all. I honestly think the game wears down the tires faster on purpose during that last half of the race. Because I don't understand how I can go go through tires faster in 4 laps than I did in 6 laps despite driving the same and not letting my car slide.

As for the Le Mans race, I just can't seem to find the right car. Every car I've tried likes to fish tail or try to spin when coming out of the corner.

Top Tip: Search.

There are currently several threads going regarding the LeMans event, tips and tricks for beating it, great cars and tunes to use, etc.

I used the GT-R R35 TC for the Silverstone race and won it comfortably. I used Racing Hard tyres and pitted once on lap 5. Tyre wear was the same in the second half of the race as the first half. Are you sure you had the same tyres on for the second half of the race? It sounds like you had hards for the first stint and then softs for the second. As for Le Mans, there are plenty of threads for advice, I tried it once but gave up before the end of the first lap as I was using the 2J and it has no headlights...even with the driving line on I couldn't do it

Any of the Group C or LMP cars will walk the Le-man race, As for Silverstone as said above tune to 650pp.

Last edited:
The Minolta will comfortably win both of those races. I think the RM ZR1 will too but I have not yet tried out that car yet.

I only drove the Silverstone of all the Super races and won with the SLS GT3 (Anniversary edition). It had about 645 PP.

Speed 8 high turbo, start on RS. You can do exactly 3 laps so drive carefully (don't overdo the throttle).
Pit. Change to RS (the game will try to give you intermediates - they don't work) and full tank - 3 laps, then Pit, RS and 33 (plus a bit more) liters...say 40l then and do the last lap.

Sometimes the other guys all pit on lap 1 (probably to change from IM to RS or vice versa). Then the race is yours.
Sometimes the first 2 don't pit and then you have to catch them and get to the pit before them. They will also pit twice.

A key factor is limiting the fuel on the last pit stop to (in the case of the speed 8) a third of a tank (enough for 1 lap) because of the time wasted loading unnecessary fuel.

Last edited:
I used the GT-R R35 TC for the Silverstone race and won it comfortably. I used Racing Hard tyres and pitted once on lap 5. Tyre wear was the same in the second half of the race as the first half. Are you sure you had the same tyres on for the second half of the race? It sounds like you had hards for the first stint and then softs for the second. As for Le Mans, there are plenty of threads for advice, I tried it once but gave up before the end of the first lap as I was using the 2J and it has no headlights...even with the driving line on I couldn't do it

I actually had softs before and after my pit stop on Silverstone. So that kind of explains why. I just tried it again and used hards the whole time and won pretty easily. Beat Le Mans as well with the Peugeot 908 HDi. I was using the Minolta before and wasn't getting the traction I wanted. The 908 did the job, rather easily too.

I did silverstone in the deltawing. You can finish the race without making a pit stop RH and (maybe RM), so it's an easy win.. you can do the same with the LCC rocket.

I used the Minolta Toyota for Sarthe, but you will have the tyre issue after pitting (it seems to be a bug). I pitted at end of lap 3, and again at end of lap 5, using RM

I did silverstone in the deltawing. You can finish the race without making a pit stop RH and (maybe RM), so it's an easy win.. you can do the same with the LCC rocket.

I used the Minolta Toyota for Sarthe, but you will have the tyre issue after pitting (it seems to be a bug). I pitted at end of lap 3, and again at end of lap 5, using RM

I havent got to these races yet. What tyre issues after pitting?

I've won Silverstone with the Rocket and the McLaren; Le Mans with the Rocket and the 908.

I plan to win them with at least another 3 cars each, representing Japan, Germany and USA as well as UK and France.

I used the Pescarolo C60 Courage Peugeot '03 fully tuned with racing soft tyres.
Pit at the end of lap 3 for a full tank of fuel and stick a set of racing hard tyres.
Pit again at the end of lap 7 for half a tank of fuel and a set od racing soft tyres.
Cruise to victory :D

For me, Lemans use the Furi fully tuned start with RS tires, pit when gas is needed tires are usually 8,9's pit put on RH tires because I guess with the track dried out the wear increases and the RS will wear out by the end if not carefull. With the RH its an easy win if you don't mess up. For Silverstone the Furi again is easy, also the Rocket cruizes and is a little better because of being able to use NOS. I tried every race car I had and could not beat the BMW GT1 or whatever that race car is. When I used the Rocket and the Furi the hardest car was the Viper Orca. A good challange for Le Mans is using the Deltawing. I tried it after I easily beat the 24 min spa race with it.

You can also limit power on cars like Audi R18 or Peugeot 908 in order to be within 650pp limit for the Silverstone 10 lap event.

I used a slightly depowered Deltawing for the Silverstone race. You won't need to pit, so you'll have a major tactical advantage over the McLaren.

Same goes for the 24 Minutes of Le Mans, but there will usually be a Pescarolo in the lead at the beginning of the race, and it will chew you on the Mulsanne straight.

I havent got to these races yet. What tyre issues after pitting?
The rate of tyre ware increases by quite a margin, while some grip is lost on every set of tyres after your first pit stop. There are a few threads around detailing it.

I'm having trouble at Silverstone. The McLaren doesn't pit. Not once. I never get within 20 seconds of him, and I'm doing sub 2:00 laps, which while not super fast, should be good enough to get close. Tried a Corvette Race Car and McLaren F1 Stealth. Same deal.

I'm having trouble at Silverstone. The McLaren doesn't pit. Not once. I never get within 20 seconds of him, and I'm doing sub 2:00 laps, which while not super fast, should be good enough to get close. Tried a Corvette Race Car and McLaren F1 Stealth. Same deal.

Use the rocket prize car. No need to pit.

Outeke, yes, I've seen people say they've used that, and I did get the prize car, but I was hoping to win using a "normal" car.

Outeke, yes, I've seen people say they've used that, and I did get the prize car, but I was hoping to win using a "normal" car.

Yeah, I totally agree with that opinion. My second round of career mode will also be with normal cars.

About your issue with the pit. What I've been reading is that this happens when you enter the pitlane too fast. Try to go in slow..

All the s-class races can be won very easily in the Red Bull Jnr. You don't need to pit. All the AI will be driving the same car, they all pit and literally give you the race. It's not much of a challenge but if you just want to collect the stars it's a solution.

Used the Rocket and didn't pit. Of course, neither did the McLaren, and even though I lapped two cars, I still lost by 41 seconds. Kept backing out until I got a field without the McLaren, so I'll see what happens.

Last edited:
All the s-class races can be won very easily in the Red Bull Jnr. You don't need to pit. All the AI will be driving the same car, they all pit and literally give you the race. It's not much of a challenge but if you just want to collect the stars it's a solution.

This is what I did. In most cases, you can even run on Racing Softs and not have to worry about pitting. Easy peasy. The only one that gave me trouble was Silverstone, but it's only because I'm not as familiar with that track and considering there are minimal elevations and 2 very similar looking starting grids, it's a bit more of a learning curve than tracks like Bathurst or Brands Hatch.

Back