Tips for the Silverstone 10 Lap and 25 Minutes of Le Mans?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NaturalBorn
  • 50 comments
  • 21,398 views
For me, the problem was with the field that featured the McLaren that never pits. Kept backing out until I got the field with the GT-R R35 and won with the Rocket, but that didn't seem fair. Finally won with my McLaren Stealth using 3 laps soft, 3 laps soft, and 4 laps hard pit strategy.
 
escudo on Silverstone , HSV on Le mans :p
 
Just did LeMans 24 min last night with Red Bull Junior, Turned aero all way down and speed set at 174 on Race Hards. Ran entire race with no pitstops for fuel or tires and with 1min 30sec to go i had a 2min 30sec lead, waited by by the line and when clicked zeros went accross and winner! The Red Bull Junior is quite fun at this track to, most corners are flat out.
 
Working on LeMans now using the 88 Toyota Minolta LMP, and I'm close, but this track is really a challenge. I thought I had it, but on Lap 5 (no more pits for me, but the cars in front to pit one more time) after leaving the long straightaway, as daylight crept in, I got too close to the car in front of me and spun out twice. UGH!

Got it! Now back to the freakin' Karts.
 
Last edited:
Did it easy with audi r18
this one, after loosing for the 5th time with the McLaren, I tried the R18 and won easily, the only change I made was using medium tires and left everything else as is and won with over 40 secs the 2nd place.
 
I've won Silverstone with the Rocket and the McLaren; Le Mans with the Rocket and the 908.

I plan to win them with at least another 3 cars each, representing Japan, Germany and USA as well as UK and France.
I won it the same way...Rocket for Silverstone and 908 for Le mans...no pitting for the rocket :-)
 
I had forgotten what I used to win Silverstone, so I tried it today using a car I had never driven: Mazda Furai, Racing Mediums, Praiano tune. I pitted after six laps, and took the recommended amount of fuel. It was a clean race. I lapped most of the pack and won by 1:15-1:20 (I haven't watched the replay for the exact time--this is based on the last split before the finish).
 
Did Silverstone with the TVR tuscan TC, was a challenge, but won with about 5 sec spare, and got 1% fuel at same time.
 
The Minolta will comfortably win both of those races. I think the RM ZR1 will too but I have not yet tried out that car yet.
The which ZR1?
 
Bumping this up.

Stuck on the Silverstone race. Tried it a couple times with my FXX (which I had used for some of the other races) and was able to make it to the final lap without putting but ran out of fuel and still was only in 5th place I think. The lead pack was never pitting.

Just tried with the Redbull Jr from peoples suggestions and that went even worse. Ran through the whole thing without putting of course and going flat out and I was still in 9th-10th place on the final lap I think. Not only were the leader cars probably not putting but I couldn't keep pace with them. Faster in the corners yes but too slow on the straights even at 650PP.
 
^^ Lol apparently I posted that with this SkylineRules account I never remember making but it's tied to my email.

Anyway.. yea
 
I used the Peugeot LMP race car 650 pp I even us the same car form all the races easy winsn1,900,000 million
 
For me all other Super Class races have been no problem. Le Mans has been the issue, five races, never won. R18, Sauber C9 (I think it's called) and another LMP1 that I have forgotten at the moment (too much wine tonight.) I just cannot seem to figure this race out.
 
For me all other Super Class races have been no problem. Le Mans has been the issue, five races, never won. R18, Sauber C9 (I think it's called) and another LMP1 that I have forgotten at the moment (too much wine tonight.) I just cannot seem to figure this race out.

I'm in the same boat. My Achilles heel is the night racing and I lose a lot of time at night. Tried with Sauber Pescarolo and R18 but best finish is 4th. I think I just need more night miles under my belt :)

Won at Silverstone easily with R35 Touring car. Just used soft tires for the whole race and pitted every two laps. Not much of a challenge.

Slightly OT but just yesterday I won the Suzuka ten lap race with my Audi R18 AE using soft tires. Bit of overkill so I'm going to try next time with my HSV 010 AE.
 
I'm in the same boat. My Achilles heel is the night racing and I lose a lot of time at night. Tried with Sauber Pescarolo and R18 but best finish is 4th. I think I just need more night miles under my belt :)

Won at Silverstone easily with R35 Touring car. Just used soft tires for the whole race and pitted every two laps. Not much of a challenge.

Slightly OT but just yesterday I won the Suzuka ten lap race with my Audi R18 AE using soft tires. Bit of overkill so I'm going to try next time with my HSV 010 AE.

Nicely done. I'm working my way through some lesser driving aids version of racing now and am working my way back to the S-Class races. Trying to stay within the GT-3 and LeMans Prototype classes in the future for online racing. Got to get a handle with the aids off or at 1 before I race online though.
 
You can beat lemans with any lmp or group c. I used a nissan. I used a stock m3 gt2 for silverstone.
 
About that Mclaren that never pits, well it pits before Lap 7. I used a Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car and it was a challenge.
 
Silverstone; McLaren F1 GT with Praiano's tune. 1 pit, no problems. Pit strategy sank me trying LeMans in the 787 stealth (3rd place). Which is why I'm searching for tips. This race is really more strategy than car.
 
The 24 minutes of Le Mans became real easy with the Chapparal 2X.
Detune it to 750 PP, go in pit after the 2nd lap, lap the last place guy, win.
 
787B on Le Mans, BMW McLaren F1 for Silverstone.

Just like @CSMDuty11 said, the 2X is an easy win in Le Mans.
 
I say efff the R18 against the McLaren @ Silverstone..... I ticked me off and didn't do that good against it anyway...
 
Back