Tips on LMP1 tuning

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zlork
  • 3 comments
  • 659 views
Messages
2,777
France
France
Hello everyone,

I would like to organize an endurance race with LMP1. But characteristics of these cars are too different ....

Do you have any tips for balancing? I would make a equitable race.

In advance thank you for your reply.
 
Personally the first thing I would do is require the power limiter on all cars which have more horsepower than their real life counterparts.

In GT, many LMP cars have the real life HP displayed correctly in the dealership, but when you buy the car, it has far too much HP.

For instance, the Jaguar XJR-12 is supposed to have a little under 800 HP, as it did in real life. But when purchased, it has well over 900 HP without any upgrades or an oil change.

The Bentley Speed 8, Pescarolos, Toyota GT-One, and many others have this issue.

Before ANYTHING else, I personally would require the power limiter be set in such a way that these cars have real life horsepower. It will immensely balance the gap between the older and newer LMP's; currently, the Group C and older LMP's are far faster than the TS030, R18, and 908 due to this issue.

Fixing the power in such a way would at least help balance the difference between these cars. After that, I would start with ballast being added to cars which are faster than others. Should do the trick best.
 
First,thank you for your response

Johnny: I just want to know how to balance these cars.
PP,this isn't ideal...Is it through a weight/power limitation?

Just correct some cars on the figures, and just adjust them will make a equitable race ?
 
Back