Tires pressurePS4 

• Thread starter mazinga
  • 10 comments
But telemetry shows only temperature of tires. I will try this motec, or someone can confirm there is no pressure monitoring for tires?

Haven't saw that anywhere.

I am still trying to figure out what tire temp I should be aiming for in time trial mode to get the best grip/speed out of my cars.
My question as well. PC version here with an app installed on a tablet giving me all of the relevant information, but I have no idea what temp is too hot.

I also haven't tried to figure out the telemetry information, or how to even access it, to determine the outer/middle/inner tire temps in order to determine proper Camber settings.

It would be kind of cool if this could be the unofficial "tire" thread. I think there are many who could use the help and info.

Cycle through the motec display or bring up telemetry ( left on d pad ).
Motec display? PC version here...how can I access this?

I have also a question. When I set up the pit strategy there is a tyre pressure I can chose but by default it is very low. What's the point of that.
Thanks

@crowhop
You can get the telemetery up by pressing the d-pad to the left [might have to do it a few times depending on what is being displayed] Check your button assigments if that does not work and see what button is mapped to cycle the hud

The motec I think is only displayed in cockpit view and only in some cars. Car needs a display area for it.

@Smoothherb
I have also a question. When I set up the pit strategy there is a tyre pressure I can chose but by default it is very low. What's the point of that.
Thanks
what is "very low"?

I had to lookup the conversion for BAR as I am accustomed to seeing PSI apparently 1 BAR is a bit over 14.5 PS1

32 PSI is roughly 2.2 BAR

http://www.convertunits.com/from/bar/to/psi

Last edited:
It's about 1 bar. In the garage setup before the race it's 1.7 bar.
So when I understand that right by default you start with 1.7 bar when changing tyres they are at 1 bar. But that makes no sense?

It's about 1 bar. In the garage setup before the race it's 1.7 bar.
So when I understand that right by default you start with 1.7 bar when changing tyres they are at 1 bar. But that makes no sense?
If I'm not mistaken thats just how much you want to change them by during pits based off your original setting. If not its a bug, i noticed as well. The actual setting should be visible in setup in the pit box.

It's probably a bug that we missed as WMD members. Just report it on the official forums.

The things is we use cold tyre pressures in the menu and we know that hot tyre pressures can inflate up to 0.3 bar (i.e. a 4-5 PSI increase). So if you start with 1.7 bar cold, you'll be running at around 2.0 bar when they are at optimum racing temperature.

Back