tnan I am calling you out.

England
Ok so there are a hell of a lot of good drivers on Driveclub sprint mode I am talking here.
Now regardless which car I pick and go to Canada Fraser Valley reversed (my fav track for sprints) I also have the weather on light participation, I look who is number one globally and regardless who it is I try and beat them but today I have noticed something I might be way off here and losing the plot but after each attempt I make in any car and get up to may be 4th 3rd or second or even 1st my leader board goes offline for about 5 mins then when it comes back on again the number 1 spot is held by tnan and the time is usually ridiculously good.
I have just been on said track with the BMW M4 now Rovi5165 was first with 27.956 I beat this with 27.389 and then off goes the server and 5 mins later I am second and tnan is first with 25.912. The person must be a genius.
I am amazed how a player can be no where in the top 20 then after one go do a time which is far superior to anyone else's.
So tnan who are you and how do you do it can you load some videos for the rest of us mortals to learn from please, Cheers.

Now I am confused!! tnan has just set a fastest time without being online??? I thought ok lets watch the ghost car and see which route is taken.
Now the second placed car which belongs to Fangio is quick but the first place car which belongs to tnan doesn't show up it isn't there???
What the hell is going on with my ps4, All ghost cars apart from tnans show up. How do you hide a ghost car and stop it showing up?

I am not going to bore you all with details but is anyone else having problems with Driveclubs server? Mine is acting very strange indeed and I am thinking of doing a full reboot back to factory spec on my ps4 as the server plays up on mine but not on my sons?

Hey Justin!

I agree that the servers are acting weird. They have been for the last year or so, regarding updates of leaderboards at least... I have the same problem as you, but often it takes a lot more than 5 minutes to update. For example, if I take a overall, lets say place 100 with a totally different car than the overall no1, then take place 50 with yet another car, then number 1 with some car, it usually directly shows me as no1, but then I run the next car and Im back to place 100, or 50, or whatever for hours, or the next time I play the game... then it updates (usually). I have also observed a common pattern with place 1-10 or whatever is shown on small leaderboard often becomes 81-90 or something, always +80... Im not bothered at all by this though, as it seems to correct itself after a while :)

I posted some videos for you on youtube... user “tnan2” (ouch tnan2 :P)

By the way Justin, I am *not* doing anything strange myself, Im just doing a lot of sprint events lol... how do you know “ without being online”? I have had the game since it was released and I really love it, although I *hate* that a lot of tracks lets you get an advantage hitting walls... that is a shame and I always try to beat the wall-bouncers until realizing it may be impossible, but often I can do it, and that is the best feeling :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Justin!

I agree that the servers are acting weird. They have been for the last year or so, regarding updates of leaderboards at least... I have the same problem as you, but often it takes a lot more than 5 minutes to update. For example, if I take a overall, lets say place 100 with a totally different car than the overall no1, then take place 50 with yet another car, then number 1 with some car, it usually directly shows me as no1, but then I run the next car and Im back to place 100, or 50, or whatever for hours, or the next time I play the game... then it updates (usually). I have also observed a common pattern with place 1-10 or whatever is shown on small leaderboard often becomes 81-90 or something, always +80... Im not bothered at all by this though, as it seems to correct itself after a while :)

I posted some videos for you on youtube... user “tnan2” (ouch tnan2 :P)

By the way Justin, I am *not* doing anything strange myself, Im just doing a lot of sprint events lol... how do you know “ without being online”? I have had the game since it was released and I really love it, although I *hate* that a lot of tracks lets you get an advantage hitting walls... that is a shame and I always try to beat the wall-bouncers until realizing it may be impossible, but often I can do it, and that is the best feeling :)

Hey hi tnan, I had the same troubles with times and leaderboards all going weird as I have said what was confusing me was I got a decent finish in the top ten then the leaderboard loses connection and when it comes back on I have always dropped a few places, this is no big worry just annoying as hell when you think you have captured number 1 spot only for the server to go off and with my ps4 it is usually a couple of minutes and then come back on with me not being top and usually it is you who have taken number 1 :cheers: fair play to you on that, but if I go across to the leaderboard and enter it and click on your name it always says your not online which is where my confusion comes from. The system must save your time and update when it feels like!
I will be checking out the videos on youtube thanks for that it will give us a vision in to where to win some valuable time.
I have been online everyday and a few times and at night lately.

I don't for the life of me understand why your ghost cars don't show on my system and others do?????

I can't cope with these continuous server problems, Used to be a few minutes wait for your time to update now 3 days have passed and it still hasn't updated,:confused: I have given up and deleted the game,:guilty::grumpy:

I have just being having a look online for a new decent driving game and I can't find a single one except Project Cars 2 I just need to find out if you can change the way the pad is set up to operate the game, if you can change it excellent but if you can't the search will go on.

Back