TOCA Series Season 2 - End Of Season Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,254 comments
  • 82,212 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Remember this about fun and it is a game. And plans are coming apace for Season 3 and NGTC.

Ar RacerPaul - I actually had no idea it was there... rest of the race I was being careful going side-by side on the inside.
 
Hello, I know that due to a failure on my internet conection I've been unable to join for racing online in the last 2 weekends.

I hope that for the next race (hope it is in Monaco) I can join you.

About Sassafras_3 complains he is the one that ruined most of the races at the Nurburgring, he needs to learn how to brake. I am glad to hear that he is not racing again.

DiegoC1980
 
Hello, I know that due to a failure on my internet conection I've been unable to join for racing online in the last 2 weekends.

I hope that for the next race (hope it is in Monaco) I can join you.

About Sassafras_3 complains he is the one that ruined most of the races at the Nurburgring, he needs to learn how to brake. I am glad to hear that he is not racing again.

DiegoC1980

Hello diego, wondered where you where.

And can we all keep the driver-bashing and finger-pointing to PM's or somewhere else please. This Series will continue, there's bound to be some weekends with more incident than other's. What's done is done...
 
DCerinza
I know that due to a failure on my internet conection I've been unable to join for racing online in the last 2 weekends.
Try rebooting your modem & router before turning on your PS3 to join in the lounge, even clearing cache on the in-game options could help.... Even this last event, I was having trouble with the connection, was lucky it held strong through all 3 races.

Perhaps running in lounge is bottle-necking the connection, I'd assume it runs the Star network, similar to "Fixed Host" in open lobby. IMO a non-fixed host, open lobby room should have the best connection. (Mesh Network) Maybe something we could look into... The series seems great, tracks should not be dropped cause of weak driving perormances & the cars seem very competitively equal, (not overly surprised, but glad my foolish plot for PP never happened) Penalties should be given out, from now on.
 
Try rebooting your modem & router before turning on your PS3 to join in the lounge, even clearing cache on the in-game options could help.... Even this last event, I was having trouble with the connection, was lucky it held strong through all 3 races.

Perhaps running in lounge is bottle-necking the connection, I'd assume it runs the Star network, similar to "Fixed Host" in open lobby. IMO a non-fixed host, open lobby room should have the best connection. (Mesh Network) Maybe something we could look into... The series seems great, tracks should not be dropped cause of weak driving perormances & the cars seem very competitively equal, (not overly surprised, but glad my foolish plot for PP never happened) Penalties should be given out, from now on.

I may clear my cache before the next event. Thing is the actual on-track connections in a Closed Lounge are a lot smoother - I see a lot less lag than a public lounge.

And good to see driftking with a stable connection as well. 👍
 
Ar RacerPaul - I actually had no idea it was there... rest of the race I was being careful going side-by side on the inside
Ouch, hell of a way to find out! :eek:
 
RacerPaul
Ouch, hell of a way to find out! :eek:
I know eh, same thing happened to me on Race 1... I had no idea, & actually hit it myself.
 
Race 3 I believe at the first chicane? That was in a 4 car fight I believe...

Not that one, if my memory serves me correctly I braked early (you need to in the lexus) got a tap from behind and couldn't slow down in time for the corner and got bunched into the wall. That was a racing incident but the one I mean was race 3, last lap, second lesmo. I thought you had checked it like asked you to for a stewards inquiry? I'm beginning to think that stewards inquiries don't really mean anything.
 
Last edited:
My memory fails me.... I'll check the replay now.

In race 3 you went off at the second chicane on Lap 1 straight on after outbraking me...
 
Last edited:
My memory fails me.... I'll check the replay now.

In race 3 you went off at the second chicane on Lap 1 straight on after outbraking me...

Yes that was a disaster, I forgot how early I needed to brake for that corner on the dirty side. But anyway, what about it? Am I goin to get penalized for it or.......?
 
driftking18594
Congrats Boyce, you've won twice as many races in one event than I have in the whole season!

Cheers driftking. That little practice at Monaco straight after the races was cool and a good sneek peek at how much fun that course can be, truth is that it will be twice as hectic as Madrid twice as many rows and could end up with another plonka deciding to go the wrong way round and getting out of his pram. Mazda is the best car for tight street circuits. I was lucky enough to be able to stretch out a big enough lead in the last 2 races so that I could'nt be rear ended.
 
Maybe we could try Special Stage Route 5 instead of Monaco?
 
Yes that was a disaster, I forgot how early I needed to brake for that corner on the dirty side. But anyway, what about it? Am I goin to get penalized for it or.......?

No. Racing Incident you are clear 👍

Cheers driftking. That little practice at Monaco straight after the races was cool and a good sneek peek at how much fun that course can be, truth is that it will be twice as hectic as Madrid twice as many rows and could end up with another plonka deciding to go the wrong way round and getting out of his pram. Mazda is the best car for tight street circuits. I was lucky enough to be able to stretch out a big enough lead in the last 2 races so that I could'nt be rear ended.

:lol: plonka!

But it may be interesting.

By the way NGTC is taking shape very quickly, just completing testing of parts...

I think Monaco could stay, in two weeks time everyone should have cooled off.
 
MrMulsanne, what about the incident on the final lap of race 3 at Monza? Have you looked at that yet?

P.S. Was that incident under stewards revision?
 
Cheers driftking. That little practice at Monaco straight after the races was cool and a good sneek peek at how much fun that course can be, truth is that it will be twice as hectic as Madrid twice as many rows and could end up with another plonka deciding to go the wrong way round and getting out of his pram. Mazda is the best car for tight street circuits. I was lucky enough to be able to stretch out a big enough lead in the last 2 races so that I could'nt be rear ended.

Don't worry. If we could qualify near the top and then get a good run out of St.Devote through Casino Square and we have to have at least a second on the more aggresive people by the time we are at Portier so we have a clear run through the chicane. Races 2 and 3 will be a problem though.
 
Don't worry. If we could qualify near the top and then get a good run out of St.Devote through Casino Square and we have to have at least a second on the more aggresive people by the time we are at Portier so we have a clear run through the chicane. Races 2 and 3 will be a problem though.

If there's one thing Honda have, thats 1 lap pace.
 
MrMulsanne
If there's one thing Honda have, thats 1 lap pace.
I'd disagree, I felt just as comfortable on lap 16 as I did on the 1st in Madrid, if anything even more comfortable with the the warmer tires.
 
Last edited:
If there's one thing Honda have, thats 1 lap pace.

Only last year but this year the car is much better when tuned. Horrible when stock.:yuck: Did you ever try my tune? It was very good yesterday, I got to within tenths of pole. First time on the track this week and first time with a DS3 in like 3 months. Exit speed was very good. No one could get before me at the next corner but I could go clean straight past them along the straight. That's very important for Monaco when getting the traction out of Portier.
I think Honda will be fastest at Monaco. Good news for me and vtec.:D


Also Daytona Road Course is 3.56 Miles which would mean it's 6 laps at 21.36 miles.
 
Last edited:
akmuq
I think Honda will be fastest at Monaco. Good news for me and vtec.:D
I hope your right, but I doubt it... The cars seem pretty even... I'd still expect to see DK & Boyce with solid times in the Mazdas and the BMWs are never too far behind.
 
Last edited:
I hope your right, but I doubt it... The cars seem pretty even,... I'd still expect to see DK & Boyce with solid times in the Mazdas and the BMWs are never to far behind.

And DAN's bullet of a Lexus... maybe? Should be fun.
 
Definately, it should be fun... Bummer it's not next Saturday.
 
Definately, it should be fun... Bummer it's not next Saturday.

I agree got that free!! Furi watching Le Mans i already made a polite enquiry.:irked:
 
Every series needs a break at somepoint - even NASCAR does from a 41-race schedule. Besides, gives us more testing time for what is arguably the toughest race on the calendar.
 
I hope your right, but I doubt it... The cars seem pretty even... I'd still expect to see DK & Boyce with solid times in the Mazdas and the BMWs are never too far behind.

Keep in mind I didn't qualify on the Ring and got bumped into each race, and that Madrid was with a DS3, so I haven't exactly had an ideal start to the season. Very little preperation for either meeting but for Monaco I will finish my exams at lunchtime on the Thursday before so I get two and a half days of preperation, and I know Monaco like the back of my hand. 1'10s with the F2007.


Don't want to sound cocky or anything.:sly:
 
Just watched all 3 race replays. I can understand why Sass is so pissed off I think i would be if i had luck and everthing else against me in all the 3 races. Ramming is an issue that needs to be addressed and punished, but when you combine ramming and catching the wrong areas on the barriers making you lose even more time your gonna get pretty annoyed. Come on Sass your a good driver and i'm sure you wont have such a hard time around a proper circuit along with the rest of us.
 
I've been getting 1'45s and 1'46s at Monaco at the moment.

I think I know why A JOHNSON went completely bananas and rammed me like a tosser. I passed him at that really narrow second-to-last corner, and because I may have seemed laggy to him (as he is from the USA, so there may have been lag issues between me and him as we are on separate continents), he may have tagged me, gotten out of shape and spun.
 
driftking18594
because I may have seemed laggy to him (as he is from the USA, so there may have been lag issues between me and him as we are on separate continents), he may have tagged me, gotten out of shape and spun.
Ya, that kinda sucks... I'd be pissed too if I was at your rear quarter, keeping clean & because you were "laggy" I find myself in the wall. That would really, really suck.... The fact it's different continents doesn't mean much, I was battling with Boyce 2 races strong in Madrid and we were good, no lag, no unexpected hits. I guess like you said, in Ireland the bandwidth is bad.... In which case, hopefully you too could try a modem & router reboot before logging on. Laggy opponents are not easy to pass & difficult to drive along.
 
hightyme
Ya, that kinda sucks... I'd be pissed too if I was at your rear quarter, keeping clean & because you were "laggy" I find myself in the wall. That would really, really suck.... The fact it's different continents doesn't mean much, I was battling with Boyce 2 races strong in Madrid and we were good, no lag, no unexpected hits. I guess like you said, in Ireland the bandwidth is bad.... In which case, hopefully you too could try a modem & router reboot before logging on. Laggy opponents are not easy to pass & difficult to drive along.

Do you think that hard wiring your ps3 during a race helps too?
 
The_Boyce
Do you think that hard wiring your ps3 during a race helps too?

Definately, the PS3 is known to have a poor built-in WiFi
 
My wifi works fine as you saw when we were racing but i've got a cable on the way just in case and just for online racing. Are we definately racing at Monaco a week on Saturday?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back