Tom Brady Plays Gran Turismo 7 to Prepare for a Porsche 963 Hypercar Drive

• Thread starter Famine
  • 47 comments
Lets Go GIF by 80 For Brady

Sim racing will never prepare you for real racing.
Only real racing can prepare you for real racing, especially at freaking Le Mans.

The dude needs real seat time first, couple hours of real racing is more valuable than a lifetime of sim racing, you learn so much more at a much faster rate.

Last edited:
Only real racing can prepare you for real racing, especially at freaking Le Mans.
I'm about 400% sure that real racing isn't involved, not even at freaking Le Mans.

If he gets to drive a 963 it will be at Porsche's HQ at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta (least likely), Porsche Motorsport North America's's HQ at the Porsche Experience Center in LA (middlingly likely), Multimatic's test facility at Calabogie Motorsports Park in Ontario (quite likely), or Weissach (this). If he gets to drive one.

I don't see how using a Porsche 911 GT3 RSR in GT7 is going to help in using a 963 Race Car, but okay.
Well, if Tom Brady has never driven a race car at all, that could be step one, followed by a real-life racing kart. :D

Nah, if he's serious about it, plenty of drivers have used GT as a track-learning tool.
I imagine an LMH is quite extremely demanding to drive, less so than an F1, but much more cramped and G-forcey than GT3. I can't find a useful opinion on the LMH driving experience, just Mike Conway saying the GR010 is "pretty good" but doesn't accelerate or brake as fast as the TS050 did.

I am sure he can afford some training sessions at the Porsche Performance Driving Center if he hasnt already...

This is just for kicks and giggles I am sure...

Nah, if he's serious about it, plenty of drivers have used GT as a track-learning tool.
Yes, you're right, as a "track learning tool" but will not / cannot be used as a driving learning tool.
He is going to get himself hurt and / or someone else hurt, he should stay with what he knows, throwing footballs...

Last edited:

The dude needs real seat time first, couple hours of real racing is more valuable than a lifetime of sim racing, you learn so much more at a much faster rate.
Many people seem to be taking this completely out of context.

If you were put straight into a real race with only simracing experience and zero real world experience, you will suffer. Which is why GT Academy graduates were trained so intensely and rigerously to prepare them for the real deal.

The real thing IS a shock, your body and mind needs real experience to prepare.

Dont get me wrong, simracing is a great way to memorize tracks and real talent can be developed from it, but to actually perform competantly in real racing, the best training for it is more real racing.

You dont just magically become prepared for Blancpain endurance races only having virtual experience.

Last edited:
One thing we’re overlooking here is Tom Brady is 6’4. There’s probably not a lot of race cars he’s gonna fit in to, let alone the lmdh. As a comparison Da Costa is 5’9 and Stevens 5’7.

Fun link (assuming fun is permitted with all the srsbzns going on above) between the world champion sportspeople in the article: Stevens drove for the Panis-Barthez team at Le Mans, although he didn't drive with Fabien in any of his three races.

I'm sorry but what a MASSIVE L for IMSA to have one if not the most well known athlete in this country be involved in WEC rather than our endurance racing series. I bet Tom Brady being involved would have been quite a benifit but oh well.

I'm sorry but what a MASSIVE L for IMSA to have one if not the most well known athlete in this country be involved in WEC rather than our endurance racing series. I bet Tom Brady being involved would have been quite a benifit but oh well.
Except for the fact that we are literally the only country in the world that gives a **** about hand-egg.

Except he's not going to be involved in any meaningful or noticeable capacity. Nobody is going to care that the driver & team outfits are from Tom Brady's fashion line. That's the extent on Tom's involvement.

Dr. McDreamy spent more effort in both IMSA & WEC and nobody really ever batted an eye. That might actually be a benefit to racing with non-racing celebrities making no difference.

I'm about 400% sure that real racing isn't involved, not even at freaking Le Mans.

If he gets to drive a 963 it will be at Porsche's HQ at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta (least likely), Porsche Motorsport North America's's HQ at the Porsche Experience Center in LA (middlingly likely), Multimatic's test facility at Calabogie Motorsports Park in Ontario (quite likely), or Weissach (this). If he gets to drive one.
Thank you, I thought he's gonna drive on Le Mans for real and that confuses me :lol::lol:

Porsche 917 1970 there 👍 but missing Ferrari 512 1970 rival

Porsche 918 there and Ferrari LaFerrari there 👌👍

Porsche 963 soon and but me feel want Ferrari 499P

Porsche new 992 GT3 R and Ferrari 296 GT3 are future

Attachments

• 7FC8B80D-9F91-4834-98F0-64D1EADB5F43.jpeg
    7FC8B80D-9F91-4834-98F0-64D1EADB5F43.jpeg
    27.5 KB · Views: 12
To be honest, if I would support/sponsor a racing team with my financial power, I would also insist to drive the real car for some laps around a track :) And if insurance, team or whoever wants me to do hours in a racing sim.. so may it be, even if its Mario Kart, GT7 or iRacing. :D

Back