Tom Brady Plays Gran Turismo 7 to Prepare for a Porsche 963 Hypercar Drive

• Thread starter Famine
  • 47 comments
Why do you watch American football?
Honestly I don't, much anyway. But you can't get away from it here. The season is from like October to February but sports channels talk about it 12 months a year. Over exposure made me sick of it. I'll watch the home team and definitely watch the playoffs and Super Bowl. But I am more of a hockey and racing guy.

Honestly I don't, much anyway. But you can't get away from it here.
Yes you can. I grew up playing and watching football. It was on every Sunday at my parents house. I enjoyed playing the sport through the varsity level in HS. I watched a ton of pro and college football through the college days. My interests changed and I began to hate the changes to the game (mostly NFL level) and quit watching it cold turkey. I have barely even watched super bowl’s over the past handful of years. It’s a relief to me and I enjoy the free time with my kids and hobbies on weekends. Never feel the need to watch “the game”. My kid likes IMSA racing which is about the only thing on TV I make real effort with.

As far as Brady, this whole thing is just a PR stunt for his brand. We all know he isn’t going to do any real laps in the 963.

Clearly he isn’t preparing for driving a new car, he is clearly fresh off a divorce practicing picking up women in a sexy car in the virtual world before getting in his real car and doing it in the real world
058D2EC5-069C-430B-B070-7768DEC75C4D.jpeg
Spectators in game all riled up at the goat driving by

Edit: reminder this is the real driving simulator, Kaz has all driving aspects covered!

Last edited:
Yes you can. I grew up playing and watching football. It was on every Sunday at my parents house. I enjoyed playing the sport through the varsity level in HS. I watched a ton of pro and college football through the college days. My interests changed and I began to hate the changes to the game (mostly NFL level) and quit watching it cold turkey. I have barely even watched super bowl’s over the past handful of years. It’s a relief to me and I enjoy the free time with my kids and hobbies on weekends. Never feel the need to watch “the game”. My kid likes IMSA racing which is about the only thing on TV I make real effort with.

As far as Brady, this whole thing is just a PR stunt for his brand. We all know he isn’t going to do any real laps in the 963.
I don't think you understood what I was saying. I rarely watch a game on Sundays either. But, if I want to see the highlights of the hockey game last night, even in March, heaven forbid I flip on Sportscenter as they're still talking about football. Thus, I don't watch any of that noise anymore and just watch highlights on YT.

My point was, if you flip on any sport related show, regardless of the time of year, odds are they're talking about football, were just talking about football, or are about to talk about football. It's annoying, so bye bye.

Sim racing will never prepare you for real racing.
Only real racing can prepare you for real racing, especially at freaking Le Mans.

The dude needs real seat time first, couple hours of real racing is more valuable than a lifetime of sim racing, you learn so much more at a much faster rate.
Untrue. My local half-mile oval (New Smyrna Speedway) happens to be in iRacing, along with the Volkswagen Jetta TDI Cup, which is highly similar to the class I race in a variety of ways. Both the Jetta and my Saturnm SC2 that I use in the Bomber A division are lightweight FWDs with semislicks, and both therefore drive pretty similarly. The Jetta definitely helped me understand how FWDs drive at NSS

Sim racing will never prepare you for real racing.
Only real racing can prepare you for real racing, especially at freaking Le Mans.

The dude needs real seat time first, couple hours of real racing is more valuable than a lifetime of sim racing, you learn so much more at a much faster rate.
Speaking from my own personal experience, this couldn’t be further from the truth. Sim racing can and will prepare you and give you a lot of the proper muscle memory needed before actually getting into a car on track. Saying that only real racing can prepare you for racing is flat out wrong. In some ways, starting out with sim racing can actually give you a leg up on the competition who didn’t do so. However I also have to say that this seems more like a fun marketing campaign than anything serious about actually getting into racing.

Porsche 917 1970 there 👍 but missing Ferrari 512 1970 rival

Porsche 918 there and Ferrari LaFerrari there 👌👍

Porsche 963 soon and but me feel want Ferrari 499P

Porsche new 992 GT3 R and Ferrari 296 GT3 are future
I highly doubt PD will bother putting the latest hypercars and latest GT3 cars in, they haven't so far (beyond the Supra).

Speaking from my own personal experience, this couldn’t be further from the truth. Sim racing can and will prepare you and give you a lot of the proper muscle memory needed before actually getting into a car on track. Saying that only real racing can prepare you for racing is flat out wrong. In some ways, starting out with sim racing can actually give you a leg up on the competition who didn’t do so. However I also have to say that this seems more like a fun marketing campaign than anything serious about actually getting into racing.
From an article posted two days ago -
Sim racing to Porsche Carrera Cup NA

It also takes a lot of money!

I like Brady, but I especially like that his last game was a loss to the Cowboys! Oddly enough, it was the only time in his career that they ever beat him - granted that was only 8 games. It would be funny watching them try to wedge his superman sized body into that little 963.

Make a sport where you only play.

Become world champions 😆
Weirdly enough, American football is played in almost every country and most countries even have some sort of organized league. There's even a European Cup where Finland is somehow the best team (even though Italy won last year).

But ya, you guys also have Aussie Rules Football.

Weirdly enough, American football is played in almost every country and most countries even have some sort of organized league. There's even a European Cup where Finland is somehow the best team (even though Italy won last year).

But ya, you guys also have Aussie Rules Football.
Afl is not really popular in all of Australia its mainly popular in the state of Victoria it took quite a while for afl to be popular in Australia itself.

CONGRATULATIONS TO GRAN TURISMO 7, 1 YEAR OF THE MASTERS PIECE BORN, THE BEST OF THE VIDEOCOMPUTER'S HISTORY, WONDERFUL WORK POLYPHONY, HAPPY FIRST ANIVERSARY.

Except for the fact that we are literally the only country in the world that gives a **** about hand-egg.
That was kind of the point of my post. Tom Brady being involved in WEC has less of an impact than it would if he was involved in IMSA because no one in Europe cares about hand egg like you said.
Except he's not going to be involved in any meaningful or noticeable capacity. Nobody is going to care that the driver & team outfits are from Tom Brady's fashion line. That's the extent on Tom's involvement.

Dr. McDreamy spent more effort in both IMSA & WEC and nobody really ever batted an eye. That might actually be a benefit to racing with non-racing celebrities making no difference.
You're right I guess.

Brady doesn’t have international recognition on the level of someone like Jordan. But it’s enough to get headlines in general sporting press.

The WEC will be at Sebring for the next two weeks (Prologue & Race). But for ‘24 is seems the US round will be elsewhere. Indianapolis & Road America have been mentioned.

As for Jota, they are looking to expand to a second car for WEC next season. With that they also hope to do Daytona and some other IMSA rounds.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back