Tom buys an E-Type

• Thread starter Tom
  • 73 comments
Tom
Thanks all for the very kind comments. Looking forward to creating and sharing Part 2 at some point down the line. It's been a bit tricky over the last few weeks as my Dad is in the process of buying a new house to create a bespoke workshop for car restoration (with a ramp to alleviate some swearing!), so things have hit a bit of a wall currently, as there's not much point stripping the car down only for it to be transported a couple of weeks later. I'll keep you updated with everything on this thread.

I can confirm, there's definitely an E-Type coming to GT Sport. :lol:

no problem jerry

Trying to restore a A Jaguar E-Type,
aim to do a good job!

Putting together what you have learned so far to good use, aim to restore a Jaguar E-Type!

:D

Okay I’m done, but seriously though I wish you all the best Tom, good luck mate! :gtpflag:

Trying to restore a A Jaguar E-Type,
aim to do a good job!

Putting together what you have learned so far to good use, aim to restore a Jaguar E-Type!

:D

Okay I’m done, but seriously though I wish you all the best Tom, good luck mate! :gtpflag:

Thanks, danimac. I won't be doing anything that makes me look bad, that's for sure!

Excellent choice of car! (I love classic Jaguars and have my xkr V8 still) Great natural video enjoyed it. Tough decision on the LHD or RHD (value vs fun in uk) as I know LHD on our fast roads is not nice (blind spots).

Out of the colours (If it is still the original colour from the US) I would keep it that colour although I do like British racing green on Jaguars especially old coupes.

I also had my eye on the other lovely Jaguar parked up in the garage. 👍

Tom, in terms of color you can probably already tell what I like for interesting cars (for boring cars I like a nice mid-tone silver so I don't have to wash them) - a lighter color. Darker colors have always seemed to me like they hide the shadows that fall across the surfaces and curves, subtly decreasing the detail of a beautiful body. It's one of the reasons I color shifted mine from black to a really nice creamy white (it is actually done in modern mini-cooper pepper white, since that's one of my favorite whites of all time). Dark colors also show dirt so quickly that it makes it hard to keep a car looking clean. So my vote would be painting it something on the lighter end of the spectrum.

<----

Hey @Tom! So nice to meet you at the FIA New York event yesterday. We were outside smoking cigarettes and I was the one in the white Senna hat talking about Fraga's real world experience.

I completely forgot to ask as we were caught up in the moment of the incident, but how's the Jag coming along?

Hey @Tom! So nice to meet you at the FIA New York event yesterday. We were outside smoking cigarettes and I was the one in the white Senna hat talking about Fraga's real world experience.

I completely forgot to ask as we were caught up in the moment of the incident, but how's the Jag coming along?

Great to meet you too!

Not a great deal has happened since the first vlog if I'm honest as my Dad is in the process of moving house and building a workshop, and I broke my collarbone a month ago and have surgery coming up in a few days, meaning I've been unable to do a lot. I'll see how recovery goes over the next few weeks and hopefully get some content filmed.

Tom
So after a very long hiatus with the Jag, I've finally got around to making an update!

So basically, you made an update youtube clip to tell us you didn't do anything?

Or am I wrong?

So basically, you made an update youtube clip to tell us you didn't do anything?

Or am I wrong?

Pretty much that! The primary aim of the update was just to explain why things haven't progressed, as I'm continually getting asked about it. It's unfortunate as I'd love to have done more at this stage, but for the reasons outlined in the video it's not happened.

Any updates @Tom?

Yes. Dad’s workshop is currently being built and should (weather permitting) hopefully be finished by late February. After that’s done we can get the equipment ordered and set to work on a restoration plan.

8F41DF1A-A0FB-496D-B97B-F073A4E2817C.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back