Tommy Kaira ZZll What will be of this Car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Enzo_P1_GTR
  • 74 comments
  • 6,531 views
Dude no, they HAVE to be all premium. Yes, I want our standards to be updated but it NEEDS to be premium if it wants to stay in another generation!
I think there are also a lot of unnecessary standard cars (besides the duplicates). They should upgrade as many of the standards to full premium as they can possibly do, in order of importance and popularity, and then remove all other standards. Semi-premium is not enough, there shouldn't be cars of lower quality in the game.
What's not enough is about 400-500 cars compared to the 1200 that we have now. "Forza 5 route" is a bad route, they dropped quantity for quality. Is this what we want our games to become in the next gen? Amazing looking graphics but almost no content?
Semi-premium IS enough to replace the standards... if you look them through the photomode you'll see that its a ok quality, and I'd rather have those than nothing.
 
400-500 is a lot dude!
No it isnt. Even with 1200 of GT6 there are a lot of them missing.
For true car enthusiasts like me, I'd love to have about 2500-3000 of them, no kidding, many classics included. Vintage and classic is what GT haven't barely touched (yet?)
 
Even today's premium ones will have to be modelled over again for the next gen , right?
 
Even today's premium ones will have to be modelled over again for the next gen , right?
Yeah, PD won't carry over any models from the previous generation will they?
Nope, can't see that happening...
 
Even today's premium ones will have to be modelled over again for the next gen , right?
Yeah, PD won't carry over any models from the previous generation will they?
Nope, can't see that happening...
The visual difference between ps3 and ps4 is NOT that big and if what he told us about premiums being scaled back for the ps3 from what they truly look like, then why not?

What's not enough is about 400-500 cars compared to the 1200 that we have now. "Forza 5 route" is a bad route, they dropped quantity for quality. Is this what we want our games to become in the next gen? Amazing looking graphics but almost no content?
I don't think one is dependent on the other.
I want a steady stream of current cars, something PD hasn't delivered, well, ever. They're starting with GT6 but the game should have current, relevant cars.
Yes, I would very much prefer for the standards to just go away. PD can very easily look at the data for all cars and pick the 50 or 100 most used standards and convert them and then concentrate on giving us cars we can go out and buy today as well as a historic car here and there.
The faster standards go away, the faster we forget about them.
 
Dude, its not all about you. To most people, 400-500 is enough. I'd rather have 400-500 new cars with decent sounds and a cockpit view than 1200 cars that have no cockpit view and no updated sound.
I know its not all about me, but I dont think you should say "to most people, 400-500 is enough", you only speak for yourself too.
Even today's premium ones will have to be modelled over again for the next gen , right?
:odd: obviously not. Premium cars are next gen quality.
Yeah, PD won't carry over any models from the previous generation will they?
Nope, can't see that happening...
Sarcasm detector ? :sly:
I don't think one is dependent on the other.
I want a steady stream of current cars, something PD hasn't delivered, well, ever. They're starting with GT6 but the game should have current, relevant cars.
Yes, I would very much prefer for the standards to just go away. PD can very easily look at the data for all cars and pick the 50 or 100 most used standards and convert them and then concentrate on giving us cars we can go out and buy today as well as a historic car here and there.
The faster standards go away, the faster we forget about them.
Totally disagree... I think you're comfusing "old cars" with "old games".

For me, PD should increase their personnel and work harder on upgrading standard cars to higher quality, but there's no reason to drop them or most of them. THey should only drop the most useless ones and the repeated ones, but, within the standards, there's an enormous amount of great cars that should be kept, no doubt.
 
What's not enough is about 400-500 cars compared to the 1200 that we have now. "Forza 5 route" is a bad route, they dropped quantity for quality.
Finally dropping assets dating from 2001 which amount to increasingly irrelevant cars is not the same thing as what Forza 5 did; which was dropping assets from this generation (some of them made only a year ago, as DLC no less) for ones that are at times imperceptibly better.


I know its not all about me, but I dont think you should say "to most people, 400-500 is enough", you only speak for yourself too.
Most people wouldn't care if they were to lose a substantial portion of GT6's car list. I think it's safe to say that the casual GT buyer doesn't care about the barebones presentation of Japanese cars from the 1990s, for example.
 
The visual difference between ps3 and ps4 is NOT that big and if what he told us about premiums being scaled back for the ps3 from what they truly look like, then why not?
9202d1361162724-375994_sarcasm_sign.jpg
 
Most people wouldn't care if they were to lose a substantial portion of GT6's car list. I think it's safe to say that the casual GT buyer doesn't care about the barebones presentation of Japanese cars from the 1990s, for example.
400-500 is still a lot.
That's only your opinion of both of you :)
 
That's only your opinion of both of you :)
Well, there's 2 of them against just one of you, if we're using that logic.
 
Well, there's 2 of them against just one of you, if we're using that logic.
The solution I'm saying... As many cars as possible, I don't think anyone with some common sense would dislike that.
You don't need to buy them if you don't want to.
That's not my opinion, it's a fact because when you're saying it's not enough you look like a spoiled child.
If I disagree with you, I look like a spoiled child?
what you're saying is only an opinion, same as me...
 
ZZII is GT history.

I seriously doubt they'll kill it off.
 
The solution I'm saying... As many cars as possible, I don't think anyone with some common sense would dislike that.
You don't need to buy them if you don't want to.
Common sense....yeah, that definitely belongs in this discussion.
In your case, you can morph "common sense" into whatever you wish.
 
That's only your opinion of both of you :)
Explain how a 25-year-old JDM Honda Accord, or even the 10 year old USDM one also in the game, continue to be as important as, say, anything made in this decade. The latter one in particular has such a complete lack of notable traits that it was wholly anonymous when it was new.




And as far as "400-500 is still a lot" being "just an opinion," everyone certainly seemed to get by with GT1 and GT3. GT2 didn't have that many more either, and no one had to much of an issue with that. So then you have to ask what's more important: 400-500 cars that are relevant in 2014 and/or historic and carefully chosen to get variety, or 1200 (probably over 200 of which are fabricated and/or duplicates) of random crap thrown at a wall, that nonetheless still tends to skew heavily towards being the exact same Japanese cars that were featured as being new when GT1 came out.



The solution I'm saying... As many cars as possible, I don't think anyone with some common sense would dislike that.
You don't need to buy them if you don't want to.
I don't need to buy the game if I don't want to either. And if I even sniff at a GT3 asset holding off into GT7 to pad the car count again, I won't.
 
All 412 premium cars currently present should still be there come PS4. If the PS4 is so "Easy" to develop for, I can see atleast 200 more machines of all sorts added in for GT7.
 
Explain how a 25-year-old JDM Honda Accord (or, even the 10 year old one also in the game) continue to be as important as, say, anything made in this decade.

And as far as "400-500 is still a lot" being "just an opinion," everyone certainly seemed to get by with GT1 and GT3. GT2 didn't have that many more either, and no one had to much of an issue with that. What's more important. 400-500 cars that are relevant in 2014 and carefully chosen to get variety, or 1200 (probably over 200 of which are fabricated and/or duplicates) of random crap thrown at a wall, that nonetheless still tends to skew heavily towards being the exact same cars that were featured as being new when GT1 came out.

I don't need to buy the game if I don't want to either. And if I even sniff at a GT3 asset holding off into GT7 to pad the car count again, I won't.

Some people like cars from all eras, can't you understand that? Yes most people like the newest cars, and they are adding some of the newest cars... but some others like the classics, some others like the 80's-90's cars... Why drop them? Just because you don't care?

And yes you don't need to buy the game.
 
The solution I'm saying... As many cars as possible, I don't think anyone with some common sense would dislike that.
You don't need to buy them if you don't want to.

No, common sense is knowing when to let go of old assests before they hurt the overall quality of your game.
 
Some people like cars from all eras, can't you understand that? Yes most people like the newest cars, and they are adding some of the newest cars... but some others like the classics, some others like the 80's-90's cars...

That doesn't answer the question. In a game series that has had serious problems in the last couple of games keeping up with modern aspects of the car industry as it is (nevermind cars of any historical era besides the late 1960s), what is the significance of a bunch of cars that in real life would be notable only because of how frequently you find them in student parking lots?


Why drop them? Just because you don't care?
We can start by how well over 10% of the huge car list are duplicates included for no other reason than to make that list huge, and go from there.
 
No, common sense is knowing when to let go of old assests before they hurt the overall quality of your game
So you suggest dropping cars just because they appeared in PS2 or PS1? Seems nonsense to me.
 
I tolerated the PS2 cars in GT5 and 6, they weren't really that bad. But the PS4 era of GT needs to kill them off desperately as the disparity between quality would be the size of the moat in front of my volcano base. We already have a reasonable amount of high quality machines to make up for the loss in cars. PD will surely add even more machines to the lineup over the time before release.
 
Some people like cars from all eras, can't you understand that? Yes most people like the newest cars, and they are adding some of the newest cars... but some others like the classics, some others like the 80's-90's cars... Why drop them? Just because you don't care?

And yes you don't need to buy the game.
There are plenty premium classics.
Which standard classics do you like? We can send the list to PD so they can look at their usage and convert them just for you.
Deal?
 
That doesn't answer the question. In a game series that has had serious problems in the last couple of games keeping up with modern aspects of the car industry as it is (nevermind cars of any historical era besides the late 1960s), what is the significance of a bunch of cars that in real life would be notable only because of how frequently you find them in student parking lots?

We can start by how well over 10% of the huge car list are duplicates included for no other reason than to make that list huge, and go from there.

Duplicates I agree, but those are just about 5% of the standards.
But still, you're from america, maybe in america you don't find these cars, but in Japan you'll surely find them.

Imagine some dude bought a $400 PS4 and he wants to play some HD Racing games. However, he has also played Gran Turismo 5 and left the series since then because of the standard-premium stuff. Because its NEXT GEN he expects that all cars in Gran Turismo 7 have a cockpit view, because let's face it, would you want 1200 cars where there are still some cars without a cockpit view, limited amount of aero kits, and without the sound updated or 500 cars with a cockpit view, a decent amount of aero parts, and updated sounds?
Hm, not to sound like an idiot, but cockpits are actually useless fancy decoration. No purpose to the game at all.
I mean, people play a racing games to race, or to watch car cockpits?

There are plenty premium classics.
Which standard classics do you like? We can send the list to PD so they can look at their usage and convert them just for you.
Deal?

Nope, I ask you please respect my opinion which is different from yours. Deal?
 
Hm, not to sound like an idiot, but cockpits are actually useless fancy decoration. No purpose to the game at all.
I mean, people play a racing games to race, or to watch car cockpits?
Grasping at straws huh buddy?
 
Back