• Thread starter Tom
  • 10 comments

Tom

Voice of Gran Turismo
Premium
United Kingdom
Kent
tombrookscomms
For as long as I can remember I've wanted to own a Honda S2000, but for reasons I'm not quite sure about I've never gotten around to it. However, when a friend of mine was selling his, it was something that I couldn't say no to and today I picked it up:

IMG_6536.JPG IMG_6541.JPG IMG_6545.JPGIMG_6534.JPG

It's a 2002 AP1 with 118k on the clock. The car is completely standard, but for the hard top and the aftermarket wheels (though I do have the originals also). I drove it 160 miles back home and it was fantastic - the engine and chassis are superb, coupled with a new set of Toyo tyres on it, which really helped it corner nicely.

Inevitably I am already thinking about what I'd like to do to the car. I've got absolutely no idea how long I'm going to keep it, although I can see it as something that worms its way under my skin, and to that end I'm keen to think about modifying it. Obviously the safe money would be to keep it as standard as possible to maintain a high re-sale value, but I would quite like to put my own stamp on it should I decide to hang onto it for long enough.

Last edited:
Almost bought it twice in the same colour as yours. But then life struck and since can’t afford one till this day.

How are you enjoying it after a few months?

Very nice score with the hard top, those aren't cheap on their own! I've wanted one as well, but at least in the US they've become more expensive than they're worth; it's an epically beautiful car, but they're getting into the territory of some very good six-cylinder sports cars.

rsh
Almost bought it twice in the same colour as yours. But then life struck and since can’t afford one till this day.

How are you enjoying it after a few months?
Honestly I'm absolutely loving it. It's such a raw driving experience and very rewarding. I've actually made a video series coming to YouTube soon where I modified an S2000 on Gran Turismo 7 and then have done the same to it in real life. It'll be coming to my channel around August time.

Very nice score with the hard top, those aren't cheap on their own! I've wanted one as well, but at least in the US they've become more expensive than they're worth; it's an epically beautiful car, but they're getting into the territory of some very good six-cylinder sports cars.
Thanks man. They're definitely going up in value, just glad I got in before they become too unattainable.

Last edited:
Here is ‘Project S2000 - Part 1’, where I modify a Honda S2000 using Gran Turismo 7 and then do the same to my car in real life. In the first of two episodes, we focus on the mods in-game, and then in the real world at my Dad’s workshop.

The second and final part of Project S2000 is now live. In this episode, we're at Brands Hatch to see if I can beat the time I set in-game in my GT7 inspired S2000 - as ever, it didn't quite go according to plan. Featuring appearances from Tiametmarduk and Jimmy Broadbent.

@Tom did you ever go back and try comfort soft tires in GT7 to see how close the times were to real life?

Jerome

@Tom did you ever go back and try comfort soft tires in GT7 to see how close the times were to real life?

Jerome
I think my times were in the 57's or so from memory, but I'll give it a try again soon.

Back