Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2 Remaster

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Spacegoat, May 13, 2020.

1. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Due out on PS4, Xbox and PC on the 4th of September.

Have to admit that my experience with the Tony Hawk franchise outside of Underground is very limited. Trailer looks great though. Definitely going to be keeping an eye on this.

2. Tornado

Tornado

The state of Activision is darkly amusing when the definite established B-Team, who spent an entire decade making kinda bleh but acceptable followups/conversions of things Neversoft hit out of the park (all the way back to Spiderman 2) was the one that survived the great CoD purging of 2000s developers to revive the Tony Hawk series.

3. Robin

Robin Premium

Seems like this is shaping up to be the era of remakes and re-releases, and this one is a remake of a remake!

I do like the idea of these 2 legendary titles being redone and redone properly this time. Vicarious Visions is an excellent choice of developer, they did an unbelievable job making the Gameboy Advance versions of Tony Hawk back in the day. Frankly anything is better than what this franchise had to suffer over the past decade.

Spacegoat and VXR like this.
  4. FT-1

FT-1

Due to current events, this could become even more prevalent next year. In short, games scheduled for release next year and beyond will have crucial elements of production "nearly impossible" to complete with social distancing measures. For instance, mocap sessions and audio work have to be halted completely. Games coming out later this year are less affected since they only need finishing touches.

Phil Spencer did mention the games industry will react, which could be by re-releasing titles which have a lesser need for major production work.

Robin likes this.
  5. Liquid

Liquid Premium

The game that needs remastering is Underground 1 but this is a adequate substitute.

Spacegoat, wvmgmidget and PzR Slim like this.
  6. Joey D

Joey D Premium

The first remake was unbelievably half-assed though. This one seems like it's actually got some thought put into it and most of the original soundtrack is there, including Goldfinger, which means we should get Superman.

SPhilli911, Liquid and VXR like this.
  7. Robin

Robin Premium

Robomodo did not do the franchise justice whatsoever and practically buried it with THPS5.

Come to think of it this is actually a remake, of a remake, of a re-release :lol:

[​IMG]

Darla Starch likes this.
  8. AnthonyD1993

AnthonyD1993

Safe to say from nostalgia alone I'll probably buy this for both PS4 and PC. My wallet is going to hate me soon.

9. SPhilli911

SPhilli911

Man, that song still to this day comes up on my music shuffle and brings me back to these games. Definitely looking forward to the remake-remake-re-release.

10. Darla Starch

Darla Starch Premium

Spacegoat likes this.
  11. Robin

Robin Premium

Gameplay,

Spacegoat and VXR like this.
  12. VXR

VXR

It looks incredible, especially as a lot of us are so ingrained with that level on the PS1.

13. Robin

Robin Premium

dlshearon, SPhilli911 and VXR like this.
  14. shoemaker

shoemaker

Looks like they’ve done a great job. These games were ridiculously fun backin the day. These will sell well i reckon, cant wait to play it again.

dlshearon likes this.