Tony0113 GT6 Photos

• Thread starter tony0113
  • 46 comments
Philippines
Philippines
Nürburgring 24h_5 banner2.jpg

Welcome to my gallery!
So, I've finally figured this thing out.
Most, if not all, of the photos I'll be posting here are edited; some will be more so than the others. if I feel that a particular shot is already a good one as it is, then very minimal editing will be put into it - perhaps adjusting the clarity or vibrance. I think the stock GT6 photo mode pics, although great in their realism, are still, at the end of the day, too dull, sooo....
Me and my Corel Paintshop Pro X6 have become real close friends of late ;). But I'm still learning alot of things, and I am hoping, moving forward, to vastly improve the quality of my edits, and to become at par with some of the very best in this magnificent forum.
Feel free to leave your comments, praises and/or criticisms. Now, on to the show, and enjoy!
:gtplanet: :cheers:

Last edited:
Okay, these are from GT5, but I thought I'd include them here anyway.
With these images, I used an excellent free utility called FotoSketcher.

9506670147_448601d42c_h.jpg

9505200305_b4a0d2ef57_h.jpg

9494266814_7eed3d5ef8_h.jpg

9491471043_c5ef09fd20_h.jpg

9491369172_e1ef1846ac_h.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome! Good start with decent shots man, the Evo shots are pretty nice. The first set has good compositions and angles, but I don't like the toning of this photo, too dark, but very interesting angle.

Really like this photo too, but has a bit too much noise (and it appears too saturated with some coloured dots), but really like the tone and speed.

You need to be careful with some details, like the car being cut by the picture frame and other editing details. Order than that, good start :cheers:

Obrigado! I agree about that first photo in your reply. Not really proud of that composition; I don't know why I even keep it. Maybe because I like the dark, old newspaper look to it. I'll work on it and replace it with one with better editing :)

On the second photo, I was going for the look of a mid-range camera shot in low-light conditions, hence the noise. I guess I got too carried away, though. I'll work on that as well. I'm really trying to achieve the look and feel of an actual camera shot of a particular scene (or how the shot itself would look like on print), and not the realism of the scene itself, if you know what I mean.

Yeah, some of my shots get cut off at the corners, and am not sure why I fail to notice that! I'll be careful with those.

Thanks so much for your feedback, cruzthemaster! Very much appreciated :cheers:

Obrigado! I agree about that first photo in your reply. Not really proud of that composition; I don't know why I even keep it. Maybe because I like the dark, old newspaper look to it. I'll work on it and replace it with one with better editing :)

On the second photo, I was going for the look of a mid-range camera shot in low-light conditions, hence the noise. I guess I got too carried away, though. I'll work on that as well. I'm really trying to achieve the look and feel of an actual camera shot of a particular scene (or how the shot itself would look like on print), and not the realism of the scene itself, if you know what I mean.

Yeah, some of my shots get cut off at the corners, and am not sure why I fail to notice that! I'll be careful with those.

Thanks so much for your feedback, cruzthemaster! Very much appreciated :cheers:
As the noise comes saturated, you can put it on another layer and desaturate it ;) Are you portuguese too?

Nice tip! I'll try that. Although, I wonder if that would be the same as selecting the "monochrome" option for the noise in Paintshop Pro (which is what I use).

Haha, no, I'm not Portuguese. I just like the language. I did try learning Brazilian Portuguese some time ago, though. Didn't really pan out for me :(

Nice tip! I'll try that. Although, I wonder if that would be the same as selecting the "monochrome" option for the noise in Paintshop Pro (which is what I use).

Haha, no, I'm not Portuguese. I just like the language. I did try learning Brazilian Portuguese some time ago, though. Didn't really pan out for me :(
It's a hard language, specially the grammar. It is that option indeed, I'm just familiarized with photoshop.

Welcome here Tony, that's a good start with some nice first pics 👍

The GTR (in Andalusia) and the M3 Chromeline set are my fav'. I Also like a lot that Range pic Afonso has quoted. In my opinion the use of noise is good for being viewed in 800px maybe a little bit too much strong for larger views.

Will wait for some new things :cheers:

Welcome here Tony, that's a good start with some nice first pics 👍

The GTR (in Andalusia) and the M3 Chromeline set are my fav'. I Also like a lot that Range pic Afonso has quoted. In my opinion the use of noise is good for being viewed in 800px maybe a little bit too much strong for larger views.

Will wait for some new things :cheers:

Thank you for the kind feedback, and tip regarding noise. It's a nice point you have regarding the use of noise and how it would look like on larger screens. Hmmm, I should re-think how I use it in my photos. I'm still experimenting a lot, and will definitely try other things ;)

this second b&w version works better in larger view :)
Nice work also on your last sets, especially in the vantage one. You have used HDR process in the last M3 set ?

Starting with the V12 Vantage, actually, I've been using HDR up to the last set I posted (M3 Chrome Line). I've found out: It's tricky doing HDR with night shots; a bit easier with daylight shots. Still experimenting further with HDR. And I think I prefer using the 2x magnification (3840x2160 res) now - images look crisper. I'm still puzzled by how StrayShadow and MoMo P-Zero can create such crisp and realistic-looking photos.

Starting with the V12 Vantage, actually, I've been using HDR up to the last set I posted (M3 Chrome Line). I've found out: It's tricky doing HDR with night shots; a bit easier with daylight shots. Still experimenting further with HDR. And I think I prefer using the 2x magnification (3840x2160 res) now - images look crisper. I'm still puzzled by how StrayShadow and MoMo P-Zero can create such crisp and realistic-looking photos.
Oh, forgot about the first 3 Vantage pics - those aren't HDR (obviously :) ). The rest, up to the most recent post, are all HDR. For those, I used 3 different exposure settings for three photos of the same scene, then merged. Right now, I'm experimenting on 5 to 6 different exposures.

Back