Top 5 simple things the programmers totally messed up (vote please)

• Thread starter nuu1212
  • 20 comments

Top mess-up

• auto-drive

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • fastest lap

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • do not refuel

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • tire temerature

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • your post (A)

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • your post (B)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • your post (C)

• your post (D)

• Total voters

nuu1212

(Banned)
Germany
Germany
1. The auto-drive at the start of Sport Mode races:
- How difficult can it be to make the cars smoothly follow a racing line - without my car facing the wrong way right at start.
- How difficult can it be to choose the correct gear without wild up/down shifting.

2. A blatantly shortcut, dive-bombed, or otherwise penalized lap still counts as "the fastest lap" of the race.
- One single line of code could prevent this.

3. After accidentally pressing "do not refuel" there is no way to take it back.
- You have to pit again just because the UI is stupid (too).

4. The mess with tire temperature and gravel
- The tires are cold(er) at start of race and after pitting, but you have no way of knowing how long the effect will last.
- Standing around for 10 min makes the HUD tire frame go blue - for what?
- Tires overheat in spins, but the effect only lasts about 5 sec as indicated by the red frames in HUD
- Tires get dirty and make a "gravel hits car" sound, but does it affect grip???

5. post your own annoyance

This is such an ill conceived and objectively opinionated poll.

...Kind of not fair either to stipulate when one considers nobody outside of PD knows the conditions, schedules, time deadlines and so forth..

If the poll asked "what's your biggest gripe" or something along those lines I'd vote. But jeez dude.. placing blame on "the programmers" without ever knowing who's actually in charge of 'x department' isn't my forte.

Last edited:
search feature in lobbies, I want to be able to make multiple selections (all GR3+GR4 lobbies for example) and save time going through all the pages and pages of rooms.

I will add to your point 1. At the start of dailies the gap between cars is always so different. Im usually 0.8 seconds (a yawning chasm) behind the car if front yet the car behind me (usually a TT which is far faster than most Gr4 cars in a straight line) is only 0.2 and slip streaming ready to ram me off. Why such a gap inconsistency?

This is such an ill conceived and objectively opinionated poll.

...Kind of not fair either to stipulate when one considers nobody outside of PD knows the conditions, schedules, time deadlines and so forth..

If the poll asked "what's your biggest gripe" or something along those lines I'd vote. But jeez dude.. placing blame on "the programmers" without ever knowing who's actually in charge of 'x department' isn't my forte.

I appreciate my own irony posting this but this reason is why I'll stay out of this. PD Programmers haven't messed up. They've worked bloody long hours to deliver a brilliant game. Yes there is room for improvement but accusing them of messing up doesn't help anybody. 'Top 5 Things I'd Like to See Improved' would be a much better way of wording this and you never know, may get some traction.

You may think I'm splitting hairs but it's a big gripe of mine.

And as noted, point 3 is your fault. There's a button that has a single function that is not complicated. The UI is not stupid.

EDIT: Comments meant for OP of course. Not Hoopzah who I am in agreement with.

Last edited:
1) Not being able to toggle/cycle the HUD when driving. In most games you can toggle it on & off with one button press when driving, & a few button presses to cycle it when driving. In GT Sport you can't do either, & you have to pause the game to go searching in an offline menu somewhere; try doing that in an online race (clunky & poor game design imo). I counted how many button presses it took to do once, & it was some ridiculously high number. Meme!

2) Not being able to turn off the driver names floating above cars when racing online. We could do this in previous games, so, I have no idea why they've left the option out of turning them off & decided to force us to have them on. I already have a drivers list in the HUD (that obscures my rear view mirror in certain cars with cockpit view - GRRR), so, I don't need the exact same set of names repeated above opponent cars.

3) Not being able to turn the wheel & driver hands animation off when in cockpit view. Pretty much all sims have this nowadays, & it's considered a standard option. Many wheel users don't want to see an extra wheel & pair of hands on screen. DS4 users don't see an extra DS4 & pair of hands on screen, so it would be nice if wheel users didn't have to see that kind of thing either! Or, just give us a dash cam view like in Assetto & Driveclub.

4) Not being able to paint & mod a car without it being considered a "livery". Come on, why can't we just paint & mod a car like in previous games! If the lobby is set to exclude liveries, then all we can use is the car as was bought. This is very limiting for those of us who like racing road cars without liveries.

5) Not having some kind of Shuffle option for user created lobbies. It would be real nice to have a Shuffle option for different classes online. That way, everyone wouldn't be choosing the same old cars, & people would get to try something different out. It would make running a lobby much faster too, as people wouldn't be in their garages for ages looking for cars, the game would do it for you. They had this option in GT5, & it facilitated some of the best online racing I've ever had. POLL!

:banghead: :boggled: 🤬 :confused: :crazy: :dunce: :eek: :( :ill: :irked: :mad: :nervous: :odd: :ouch: :rolleyes: :scared: 👎 :yuck: :grumpy:

Last edited:
3. After accidentally pressing "do not refuel" there is no way to take it back.
- You have to pit again just because the UI is stupid (too)
I had/have the opposite problem , In some races I Hit the [X] button (DS4) in order to stop the refuel, but the game ignore my input, so i must wait he complete refuel of the tank losing a lot of seconds at the pit/box and positions in the race, i remember a C race at Bathrust with the gr.4 cars.

Maybe for this reason PD reduced the impact of the fuel in race C .. :confused:

IR

when you can write a poll without typos, you may have more of a leg to stand on here :P
wTF?
daddy, is this you?

serious: they worked their asses off. maybe.
they delivered great value. yes.

but they missed out on very simple things, things that could be fixed in a few hours of work.
This is my point.

The lap refuel thing bugs me too.

1. My pet peeve is the automatic number plaques they put on your car. It ruins the livery you create with corny GT number plaque slapped right over your designed number plaque.

As far as I know there is no way to turn that off. I wish they would add a turn off for that or just remove it.

2. Add all windows on all the cars as modifiable like the body panels.

but they missed out on very simple things, things that could be fixed in a few hours of work.
This is my point.
In your opinion.
- Tires get dirty and make a "gravel hits car" sound, but does it affect grip???
Yes.
"8. Physics Simulation Model
 - The Tyre Simulation Model has been adjusted: handling during acceleration, deceleration and cornering have changed;
- The differences in grip power due to tyre temperature variations in races where the "Tyre Wear" option is enabled have been adjusted;
 - In "Sport" mode, "Lobby", and "Custom Race", the amount of grip reduction when the [Grip Red. on Wet Track/Track Edge] option within the [Race Settings] is set to “Real” has been adjusted. (When set to “Real”, the grip reduction when picking up debris on tyres from driving off track, etc. will be more severe and it will take longer to recover grip compared to before);

- One single line of code could prevent this.
Let's see it then

VBR
2) Not being able to turn off the driver names floating above cars when racing online. We could do this in previous games, so, I have no idea why they've left the option out of turning them off & decided to force us to have them on. I already have a drivers list in the HUD (that obscures my rear view mirror in certain cars with cockpit view - GRRR), so, I don't need the exact same set of names repeated above opponent cars.

Apparently, this feature was added in the 1.34 update. Thanks PD!

:cheers:

Hand and arm animations when driving in cockpit view. Seriously, I use the steering wheel as a way to gauge how much the front tires are turning, and they fudged it up big time. They need to bring the old animations back.

VBR
1) Not being able to toggle/cycle the HUD when driving. In most games you can toggle it on & off with one button press when driving, & a few button presses to cycle it when driving. In GT Sport you can't do either, & you have to pause the game to go searching in an offline menu somewhere; try doing that in an online race (clunky & poor game design imo). I counted how many button presses it took to do once, & it was some ridiculously high number. Meme!

3) Not being able to turn the wheel & driver hands animation off when in cockpit view. Pretty much all sims have this nowadays, & it's considered a standard option. Many wheel users don't want to see an extra wheel & pair of hands on screen. DS4 users don't see an extra DS4 & pair of hands on screen, so it would be nice if wheel users didn't have to see that kind of thing either! Or, just give us a dash cam view like in Assetto & Driveclub.

4) Not being able to paint & mod a car without it being considered a "livery". Come on, why can't we just paint & mod a car like in previous games! If the lobby is set to exclude liveries, then all we can use is the car as was bought. This is very limiting for those of us who like racing road cars without liveries.

5) Not having some kind of Shuffle option for user created lobbies. It would be real nice to have a Shuffle option for different classes online. That way, everyone wouldn't be choosing the same old cars, & people would get to try something different out. It would make running a lobby much faster too, as people wouldn't be in their garages for ages looking for cars, the game would do it for you. They had this option in GT5, & it facilitated some of the best online racing I've ever had. POLL!

Nothing you mentioned here is the fault of programmers. It was designers that made these decisions.

Programmers didnt mess up point 3, you did
To be fair, the programmers or whoever *did* mess it up back then, when the game would auto stop refueling after a certain random amount. Made league races nearly unbearable because it would screw you out of a good finishing position.

Why not raise concerns in the suggestion forum? 💡 Don’t forget to search first 👍

Back