Top drag tunes and tips for free!!!

I don't need the tunes. Just the knowledge. I'm a different breed of noob. The kind that does things on his own. Cept for advice. Lol

Anytime you need anything, don't be afraid to ask the best of us.

OK. Hey, this Viper got the oil change but not the engine swap. Its 925 where it stands. Should I get the engine swap or keep it like it is?

OK. Hey, this Viper got the oil change but not the engine swap. Its 925 where it stands. Should I get the engine swap or keep it like it is?

Engine swap? You mean engine restoration right? lol

The new update now shows the difference in HP and PP an engine restoration can do. Check it out in the GT Auto Shop 👍

What do you mean engine swap? And what Viper? The ACR?

I think you mean engine rebuild. If you want to but I'm not sure how many miles are on it. At 186 miles, you reach peak power at 1031hp if it's the ACR. If it's a GTS, it most likely will have neary 950-980hp.

Push it to 186 miles, should be 6-7 laps at Route X (if you have it) or about 10 laps at Nurb. You can race Like the Wind in B-Spec with it 4-5 times if you are lazy. That should bump up you're power. I wouldn't rebuild until after the break in, and even then I wouldn't, just an oil change. Then you'll have max power.

And now for todays tip of the day.

When tuning, make adjustments to only one setting at a time so that you can be certain that the adjustment you are making is having the desired effect. If you make multiple adjustments at the same time, you won't be able to tell if all of your adjustments are the best possible ones. For instance, if you changed ride height and took added camber you may have gained .015 from adding camber but lost .010 from changing your height, giving you a net gain of .005 seconds. An improvement yes, but not the best end result.

Be sure not to drive distracted. It causes nearly the same amount of accidents as drunk driving. 👍

I'll add you when I get back on. It'll probably be after the first of the week when I have more free time. I'm just really busy fight now. But if you don't mind the wait. I'll be more than glad to run you and give any advice I can.

Lol, I'm still not quite the pro yet. but I'm far better than when I first started. But I still have a bit of learning to do to be as fast as the best.

kennyblanco
I'll add you when I get back on. It'll probably be after the first of the week when I have more free time. I'm just really busy fight now. But if you don't mind the wait. I'll be more than glad to run you and give any advice I can.

Lol, I'm still not quite the pro yet. but I'm far better than when I first started. But I still have a bit of learning to do to be as fast as the best.

FACE IT. YOU. ARE. A. PRO. TUNER :bowdown:

Lifted straight off the page ;)

----------------------------------------

professional

American Heritage Dictionary: pro·fes·sion·al

(prə-fĕsh'ə-nəl)

adj.
a.Of, relating to, engaged in, or suitable for a profession: lawyers, doctors, and other professional people.
b.Conforming to the standards of a profession: professional behavior.

2.Engaging in a given activity as a source of livelihood or as a career: a professional writer.

3.Performed by persons receiving pay: professional football.

4.Having or showing great skill; expert: a professional repair job. ie: kennyblanco repaired my Supra.

n.
1.A person following a profession, especially a learned profession.

2.One who earns a living in a given or implied occupation: hired a professional to decorate the house.

3.A skilled practitioner; an expert. ie: kennyblanco.

professionally pro·fes'sion·al·ly adv.

Last edited:
fest0r

LOL

that is all :)

@fest0r- By definition this guy ^^^ is a pro. Not me lol. But thanks guys. I will not accept the title of "pro" until I have beaten the best of the best or start getting paid lol. And so far I am a good way from either. I simply enjoy tuning my cars.

kennyblanco
@fest0r- By definition this guy ^^^ is a pro. Not me lol. But thanks guys. I will not accept the title of "pro" until I have beaten the best of the best or start getting paid lol. And so far I am a good way from either. I simply enjoy tuning my cars.

I do it for the sport of tuning....just to have fun :)

I enjoy tuning for all aspects of motorsports. I enjoy every kind of race gt5 has to offer, even some that it doesn't (yet.... hint hint pd) I just like driving the different cars and seeing the results I can have on them by tuning. It is a great reward to set up a car to perform as you want it to. Especially dialing out unwanted characteristics such as understeer or other behavior you do not want. I like the fact that you can pretty much make any car perform to suit your wants/needs regardless of your driving style if you take the time to learn how to tune. This adds so much depth to an already good game. Even if you get 100% completion on the game and level up to 40/40, there is still a staggering amount of content to enjoy. With over 1000 cars to tune and drive there is plenty to do. I guess this is why gt5 is the most treasured of my game collection and I have played on a daily basis for the most part since I bought it.

It's time for the tip of the day. Here it is - True story:

Hay shmogt can you make a shelby cobra 427 '66 drag tune pease i cant make one

I can try, but I'm not the greatest at drag tunes

thats alright gust get it as good as you can

Insert decent Cobra tune by the ever so kind Shmo here.

i was expecting to be faster but thats find

If you want it to be faster you should try tuning it yourself. Shmo did you the favor of tuning it for you. He didn't have to do that. You could at least be a little more appreciative. Instead of posting everywhere trying to get someone else to do work for you, try tuning yourself and stop begging for handouts.

Props to Shmo for doing this tune! Nice work bro.👍

That's how it went down. Don't be this guy. Be thankful for any help you receive. Don't forget you are the one who came to us for help.

kennyblanco
it's time for the tip of the day. Here it is - true story:

Insert decent cobra tune by the ever so kind shmo here.

That's how it went down. Don't be this guy. Be thankful for any help you receive. Don't forget you are the one who came to us for help.

exactly!

Take my advice. Be better than the noobs who just want the stuff handed to them. Im a noob, but I did the stuff on my own. Advice is the best tune to get. You learn from it, profit from it, and win from it. Knowledge is power, and THATS what wins races.

Back