Top Gear & Gran Turismo 5

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hoodie1878
  • 55 comments
  • 8,763 views
Messages
142
United Kingdom
Derby
Messages
Hoodie1878
We've known about this for ages of course. Ever since we found out every episode of Top Gear has left me trying to visualise myself going round the circuit at full chat! I have been wondering if Top Gear will do a feature on the game?

I am pretty sure they will, and I also wonder if the 'Star in a Fast Car' will get some practice in the 'Simulator' before going out on track. Hope a few stars will admit to getting some practice in beforehand too!

That's all by the by though. Do you think we will see the shows' lap times in the game? What about ghost replays by the Stig? DLC as new cars are tested?

What do you think? In the meantime, print off this list and pin it on your wall, it will give you something to think about over the coming months.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/powerlaps.shtml
 
I'm sure they'll do something. Jeremy used GT4 to do his video game vs. real life test (even though he used different NSXs).
 
I'm sure they'll do something. Jeremy used GT4 to do his video game vs. real life test (even though he used different NSXs).

Think there was about 9 seconds difference in his lap time on Laguna Seca, he said it was because he could take more risks in GT4!
 
Top Gear will go back on air in the UK late June/early July. Hopefully GT5 will be well and truly out by then in all territories, so we can only assume if they (Top Gear) do a feature on GT5 or incorporate GT5 into the show in any way, it'll be in the next series!
 
I think we can expect to have a live-tie in with Top-Gear's times. But it would be impossible to get driver ghosts unless you divide by zero.

The one question in the back of my mind, is what was up with the plane taking off next to the prototype cars? It makes me think "top gear challenges" kidna like how GT had their GT challenges in GT4. Pass X cars, do this do that. I hope that we can get some fun challenges/point to point races etc.

I hope GT has the catherham.
 
Think there was about 9 seconds difference in his lap time on Laguna Seca, he said it was because he could take more risks in GT4!

16 or 17 seconds actually.
I'm assuming the Chevy/daewoo Lacetti is also in the game.
 
TONIGHT.....

I take the new Ferrari 458 and Mercedes SLS-AMG round our track.................


.........(Clarkson pause)...........


....... From my own living room!"


I think it will be in the summer series and i suspect there will be quite few playstations sold the next day.
 
TONIGHT.....

I take the new Ferrari 458 and Mercedes SLS-AMG round our track.................


.........(Clarkson pause)...........


....... From my own living room!"


I think it will be in the summer series and i suspect there will be quite few playstations sold the next day.

I can so visualize that :lol:
 
I hope there is very little tie in.
 
TONIGHT,

JC: I Talk 🤬 about a car, pause a lot between sentences.. .. .. and then end on a bomb-shell...

JM: I say, oh cock, when something predictable happens...

RH: And I read Jeremys script so closley, I pause, and emphasize, in... eeeXActley the same places...


Seriously though, I'm really looking forward to this, dunsfold will be a rubbish track, but I think it may be the next benchmark track after the Nordschleife, for time trials...
 
Maybe Top gear will get around its budget cut by simply filming each car test in Jeramy's living room, while he plays GT5.
 
Well we also need a Lacetti (or a Liana if you're an F1 driver). And actually, Clarkson said that they're thinking of getting a new car for next series, so hopefully they'll have that too.
 
As many people as there are who watch Top Gear (me included,) I think any kind of mention of the game would boost sales, I'm sure the GT4 segment from series 7 didn't hurt the sales of that game. With the TG track in for the new game, I can all but guarentee that the boys will do something with GT5 this upcoming series.
 
I am not an exactly devoted Top Gear viewer. However usually try and watch the episodes that I have not seen. The commetary between the 3 cast members is Epic to say the least.


If I was the makers of GT5 and maybe Top Gear. It would be a vary unique ideal to have record laps on say professional level some how tied in to the actual TV show. Would be another good selling point for GT5.
 
Can you imagine this?

"It's time to hand it over to our tamed racing driver; some say he was designed in a sweatshop, and that he thinks LED is some type of disease. All we know is he's not The Stig but he's The Stig's video game playing cousin....Playstation Stig."

:lol:
 
The one question in the back of my mind, is what was up with the plane taking off next to the prototype cars? It makes me think "top gear challenges" kidna like how GT had their GT challenges in GT4. Pass X cars, do this do that. I hope that we can get some fun challenges/point to point races etc.

I hope GT has the catherham.

I very much suspect they will allow drag races down the airfield.
My take on it is you race a lear jet down the run way and it flies overhead for added excitment and visuals.

No doubt P Digital had to pay quite a bit to the BBC so I very much expect some good "TopGear" game modes or type challenges?
Possibly even a tutorial "TopGear" style for roadtests by none other than the STIG?

Who knows but I certainly expect more than just the track and no doubt that becomes a very popular track to do TTs on with replays offering a camera position close to the show.
 
As many people as there are who watch Top Gear (me included,) I think any kind of mention of the game would boost sales, I'm sure the GT4 segment from series 7 didn't hurt the sales of that game. With the TG track in for the new game, I can all but guarentee that the boys will do something with GT5 this upcoming series.

Bear in mind, TG is paid for by the BBC, which is publically funded by the UK license fee payer. They are not allowed to promote something such as Gran Turismo, at least, they have to be reeeeeeeeeallly subtle about it.
 
I think having this track will be a bundle of fun! I doubt there will be much of a connection between Top Gear and Gran Turismo but I'd like to have access to a menu (in the game of course) with Stig's lap times regularly updated. But then only updated with lap times from cars that are in the game.

Also bearing in mind as others have said Jezza was 9 secs or so slower when he compared GT4 Laguna Seca to real life. But nevertheless it will be great fun.
 
I just found something from an old interview...

IGN:For the Top Gear tracks, will you be able to race agains The Stig's official times?

KY:We're trying to plan that now.
 
It would be nice to see anything from Top Gear in GT5 that'd make it even more popular.
 
Bear in mind, TG is paid for by the BBC, which is publically funded by the UK license fee payer. They are not allowed to promote something such as Gran Turismo, at least, they have to be reeeeeeeeeallly subtle about it.

Lol when I readed that I remembered when Jeremy did a subtle reference to a book wrote by some rolling stone member (sorry I don`t know his name) in exchange for lending them his Ferrari Enzo !!!!
 
Bear in mind, TG is paid for by the BBC, which is publically funded by the UK license fee payer. They are not allowed to promote something such as Gran Turismo, at least, they have to be reeeeeeeeeallly subtle about it.

Well I'm a license fee payer and I want it in!! Seriously though, the Beeb are always plugging stuff, The One Show and Jonathan Ross are always at it. I'm sure a little 'technological feature' could make it's way into the show.
 
I'll laugh if the Liana and the Lacetti are both in the game.
 
It would be unfair to allow gran turismo users to compare/compete with real time users.

Because alot of people out there will do super fast impossible and completely unrealistic laps on the playstation, these laps would be impossible to get in real life.

You can look at the f1 times at Suzuka, in real life someone would do about 1.33, on the playstation you see lap times like low 1.28s, which would be impossible to do.

Top gear track is quite a short track, an f1 car will complete it in just over a minute. The design isnt amazing, its not really a classic track. But it will definitely be fun.
 
well actually the Stig done a lap of the Top Gear test track in a Renault F1 car in 50 seconds dead on in the wet. So dry conditions it'd be less than that. ;)
 
Im really just looking forward to using this track as a benchmark for my cars and a sort of test track for when i tune my cars
 
Wouldn't mind the series ten great driving road track or based on.

The one where the took the Porsche GT3-RS, Aston Martin race car and a Lamborghini Mucielago Suppraleggera through a mountain range.

Also maybe for GT10 we could have the Italy to London Bugatti vs plane challenge!.
 
Back