Top Gear & Gran Turismo 5

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hoodie1878
  • 55 comments
  • 8,763 views
I am hopeful for some more detailed intgeration between Gran Turismo and Top Gear, beyond just including the track and allowing us to drive around it. That track is all about The Stig and his times around it in the various cars. It would therefore make sense for PD to include ghost laps for each of the cars that have been driven around by The Stig (and are in the game) so we can race against actual times. At the very least, a single screen that shows The Stig's times so you can compare. A very cool feature would be for this part of the game to update dynamically as Top Gear put more cars through their paces.
 
I will made my list of faster car as they made in show!!!!:cool:
 
Wouldn't mind the series ten great driving road track or based on.

The one where the took the Porsche GT3-RS, Aston Martin race car and a Lamborghini Mucielago Suppraleggera through a mountain range.

Also maybe for GT10 we could have the Italy to London Bugatti vs plane challenge!.

Its Gallardo SuperLeggera
 
BETOGTR;3713527]Lol when I readed that I remembered when Jeremy did a subtle reference to a book wrote by some rolling stone member (sorry I don`t know his name) in exchange for lending them his Ferrari Enzo !!!!

You mean the Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason ;) Don't mess that up the the rolling stones...just saying :)
 
Top Gear will go back on air in the UK late June/early July. Hopefully GT5 will be well and truly out by then in all territories, so we can only assume if they (Top Gear) do a feature on GT5 or incorporate GT5 into the show in any way, it'll be in the next series!

Not likely, they are filming the next series now so they would only be able to do it in the live segment, which they will have to plan for in advance. So think November 2010 as a more realistic idea of Top Gear featuring it.
 
well actually the Stig done a lap of the Top Gear test track in a Renault F1 car in 50 seconds dead on in the wet. So dry conditions it'd be less than that. ;)

it was NOT 50 seconds, it was 59.something, nothing (except the sea harrier) has gone under 55 seconds.
 
Huge TG fan here so I'm really looking forward to the track and hopefully chasing down The Stig. And now that weather is in, we'll be able to set the track up to the same conditions that each car was tested in. Sort of. :)
 
Not likely, they are filming the next series now so they would only be able to do it in the live segment, which they will have to plan for in advance. So think November 2010 as a more realistic idea of Top Gear featuring it.

I know they are filming a series in June as I've applied for tickets! That will be the most likely time to include it.
 
I hope game also comes with "play area" like gt4 where you can practice things.
 
the top gear track (if it's open and you can drive through all the runways) seems like a good "play area"

top-gear-test-track.jpg
 
-> ...
Possibly even a tutorial "TopGear" style for roadtests by none other than the STIG?
^ I would think all it will say is...

The Stig
............. ...................... ............................. ....
:indiff::ouch:

That would be difficult cuz the stig doesnt talk!
^ I bet Jay Leno (the voice of GTPSP) will do the talking in place of the Stig. All the Stig will do is the reply demonstration of each tests. :sly:
 
I know they are filming a series in June as I've applied for tickets! That will be the most likely time to include it.

Is there not a ten year waiting list? or have yours been confirmed? Yeah like I say they should do a live segment on it (not real live but a studio segment then) and perhaps a proper film for the next series.
 
You guys DO realise that the Stig is really Kaz's interpreter? :D.
 
it was NOT 50 seconds, it was 59.something, nothing (except the sea harrier) has gone under 55 seconds.

I'm sorry, you're right it was 59 seconds. My bad.
 
You guys DO realise that the Stig is really Kaz's interpreter? :D.

No, he isn't the Stig...
3332958146_fd29500780.jpg

...this guy is.
 
did that guy eat the stig?
 
haha he's Big Stig from the American special :lol:

Wasn't trying to be racist or anything with that by the way.. Sorry.
 
Lol when I readed that I remembered when Jeremy did a subtle reference to a book wrote by some rolling stone member (sorry I don`t know his name) in exchange for lending them his Ferrari Enzo !!!!

he made refference to the enzo originaly being called the F60 as this is what it was called whilst being designed only to have the name changed during the production of the prototype and something I feel compelled to correct....... it was Nick Mason from Pink Floyd who let them borrow the enzo. They also played nothing but pink floyd music during the review



Is there not a ten year waiting list? or have yours been confirmed?


I too am on the "waiting list".
It is not a waiting list as of such but is a ticket lottery. You could in theory apply for tickets and het them a couple of weeks later. I applied for tickets 5 years ago when it was starting to get much bigger. I then called the company that issues them as i used to have quite a few tickets off them and was told that there was no way to jump the que and it was only done on a lottery style sellection.
 
Last edited:
I dont know if any of you saw it but GT4 was featured on a TV show called fifth gear. It is another and it had Tiff Needel racing against Kaz on the sarthe track. I believe Tiff has driven the Le man 24h race in real life.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3239l_gt4-fifth-gear_auto




LOL i just noticed the interpretor crouching down between Tiff and Kaz's seats
 
Last edited:
not the same interpreter...
 
Side profile and facial structure looks completely different.
 
the top gear track (if it's open and you can drive through all the runways) seems like a good "play area"

I never knew about that huge surrounding access road. That would be a nifty thing to do a race around as well.
 
Well we also need a Lacetti (or a Liana if you're an F1 driver). And actually, Clarkson said that they're thinking of getting a new car for next series, so hopefully they'll have that too.

They will be swapping it for a Chevrolet Cruze, it says so in their review in the back of the TG mag
 
Bear in mind, TG is paid for by the BBC, which is publically funded by the UK license fee payer. They are not allowed to promote something such as Gran Turismo, at least, they have to be reeeeeeeeeallly subtle about it.

Yeah. They're facing a lot of criticism over the way they advertised U2's latest album. Holding a concert on the roof of one of their buildings with a banner BBC = U2.
 
I too am on the "waiting list".
It is not a waiting list as of such but is a ticket lottery. You could in theory apply for tickets and het them a couple of weeks later. I applied for tickets 5 years ago when it was starting to get much bigger. I then called the company that issues them as i used to have quite a few tickets off them and was told that there was no way to jump the que and it was only done on a lottery style sellection.

Oh cool, yeah I've been on it for a while on the hope that I will be old enough when I am picked lol.
 
Back