Top 'Step Up' Cars After Beginner Car?

I'd say buy the BMW Z3 (Premium car), or because there are a load of European hatchback races, my vote is for the Peugeot 207 (Also premium). And for the supercar races, buy the 512BB. (Again, premium). I may warn you about the 512BB though, it handles like a drift car with greased wheels. :P

The 512BB is the bomb!..Thanks Sum1.....I put a bit of front brake bias into it and wow it drives awesome. I will see how far i can get with this car and a full set of upgrades...

Good to hear. Good luck! 👍
I ended up grabbin the 512BB as well and am really lovin it! Followed the advice for a front brake bias, but it can still get a bit squirrely accelerating out of corners and maybe a bit of oversteer entering them. Any suggestions on suspension tunings?

A fully tuned RX-7 bathhurst got me through everything up to and including the GT world championship and even some after.
Im trying to get that car but cant figure it all out.
Google tells me that car is achieved by placing 1st in Arcade mode/Los Angeles Ironman Challenge.
I cant find such an event in arcade at the moment (just started arcade)

Furthermore; will an GT-R ´07 (the 77.000 credit one) get me as far as the Bathurst if I tune the GT-R correctly?

3rd; tuning opens after finishing C-event?

Regards, the nOOb
Heyclown

That does look very cheap indeed, however I heard some complaints it's god awful to control, thoughts?

You can try it out in one of the special events - I like the way you can throw it about.

It was the third car I bought after the ford focus and my starting car - honda civic. (All premium).

The focus is useful for the rally events too.

Only been able to get my hands on the RGT, but it's quite nice in GT5 -- less understeer and a much better exhaust note.

Christhedude has video of him in a Yellowbird, and it looks as frightening as ever.

I have the yellow bird.. tuned it to around 700 bhp

(and painted it black :P)

Its extremely fast... even does oversteer with alot of traction control on oO

but its cool! over 350 km/h top speed easily.. accellerates fast as light :D

512 BB - Fun but a can be a handful like other have said. I knocked out a few races with this but eventually upgraded to a 458 for my Ferrari/Italian car. The 458 is a monster! Very fun and very fast! With some tuning, you can use the 458 all the way through the GT "Word Championship".

Also used a '06 S2000 for several races. Tuned to 320 hp with some weight reduction it was pretty quick, but prone to oversteer, although not as bad as the 512 BB.

Corvette ZR1 is a bargain at around 100K.

Not a fan of the Gallardo. It did not seem nearly as quick as the 458 and was harder to keep in control. Since it is a 4WD car, the handling characteristics surprised me a bit.

[QUO07 E="DrivingYoung, post: 4203566, member: 148715"]Nissan GT-R for 77,000cr. is always a good choice![/QUOTE]
Gtr 07 was my first car I bought

Back