Torc 15: Sign Up & Warm Up Event

• Thread starter Tosk
  • 127 comments
torc_logo.gif

Welcome to the Sign Up for TORC 15
TORC is a racing series that is run using GT5P on the PS3 and is run "off-line" due to the difficulties with time zones differences.
If you wish to compete, read the series info below, post here to register & start warming up by running the Warm Up event.
This is the 15th season of the Total Ozzie Racing Challenge & apart from a few changes due to the switch to GT5P, it will remain with the popular format from past seasons. I hope you enjoy the racing.

General Series Information is as follows...
This event will be run on Gran Turismo 5 prologue.
Season 15 consists of 5 Races, either 2 or 3 laps per race.
Races will be run in Arcade mode.
Practice is unlimited.
Sector 2 times are the only times that may be discussed during each race (during warm up any time may be discussed).
The Car & Track combo will only be released when the race starts.

Cars
Alfa Romeo Brera 3.2 JTS Q4 '06
Daihatsu OFC-1 '07
Ferrari 512 BB '76
Ford Focus ST '06
Art Morrison Corvette '60
*In no particular order

Tracks
Fuji Speedway GT
Eiger Nordward Forward
Suzuka Circuit
London Forward
London Reverse
*In no particular order

Schedule
All races finish at 10:00am - UMT - Please make sure that you check your local time to avoid a DNF.
Race 1 - 1st to 10th Sep 2008
Race 2 - 10th to 19th Sep 2008
Race 3 - 19th to 28th Sep 2008
Race 4 - 28th Sep to 7th Oct 2008
Race 5 - 7th Oct to 16th Oct 2008
Final Results - 17th Oct 2008

The Points will be awarded for each race as follows…
1st - 20 points
2nd - 18 points
3rd - 17 points
The rest of the field’s points will reduce by 1 point per place. (Points may vary depending on the number of entrants)
The driver who has the most number of points at the end of the season will be declaired the TORC 15 winner.

Teams
You may form a Team if you wish, but it is not mandatory. Teams may only consist of 2 drivers. Solo drivers points will be combined to form the Team Points.

Other Rules
NO CHEATING
- All races must be 100% wall free.
- 2 wheels must be on the track at ALL times (Ripple/Rumble strips are part of the track).
- No AI contact is allowed.
There is no exceptions to the above 3 rules, any breach of the rules, intentional or not, your run is not to be submitted.
Only sector 2 times are to be discussed during a race.

Game Settings
All game & car settings must be adjusted to comply with each race requirements. They will be posted like this...

Car: Datsun 120Y
Arcade
Track Select: Phillip Island
Single Race
AI Level: 99
Laps: 23
Transmission: Drivers Choice
Active Steering: Off
Driving Physics: Professional
ASM: Off
TCS: Off
Tyres: R3
Quick Tune: Reset to Default

SUBMITTING TIMES
You are only allowed to submit 1 time per race. All times MUST be submitted to myself via PM/email. Please use the following format....
Race#: 2
Driver: Tosk
Lap T1: 0:23.456
Lap 1: 1:36.567
Lap 2: 1:34:543
Lap 3: 1:33:321
Race Time: 4:44.431

The DEADLINE will be the DEADLINE. No late times will be accepted. If you know that your time will be late please e-mail me in advance, if you don't you WILL get a DNF!

REPLAYS ARE MANDATORY!
Replays are required from all drivers. A replay is required to be sent with your race time. If you do not send your replay in before the deadline you will receive a BLACK Flag, unless prior arrangements have been made with myself. Multiple people will view all questionable replays.
Replays must be sent to tosk@swiftdsl.com.au
Please ensure that you name your data so I know who it is from.

PENALTIES & DISQUALIFICATION
Penalties will be issued for the following reasons.....
Drive Through Penalty: When a driver has 1 "minor" incident in his race. For example 3 wheels off the road or a wall brush.
Stop 'N' Go Penalty: When a driver has no more than 2 "minor" incidents (as mentioned above) in the race.
BLACK FLAGS: When a driver has more than 2 "minor" incidents in the race.
DISQUALIFICATION: When a driver has clearly broken any rules. When a deliberate race line is taken that breaks any Torc rules, when a driver has cheated in any way. A Disqualification is issued when you have deliberately tried deceiving people with your times or deliberately broken any of the rules.
The consequences for a Drive Through or a Stop 'N' Go will depend on the incident. At the very least you will be relegated behind all the drivers that completed a clean race & receive no points. The consequences for a BLACK FLAG would be exclusion from the race results.

FINAL THOUGHT
Torc, as always, contains facilities for a penalty system for "minor" incidents in a race. This doesn't mean that you are allowed to abuse this fact. You are still required to run a wall free, AI free & 2 wheels on the track race. If you have to watch your replay more than a few times to try & decide if it is illegal or not, I suggest that you run the race again. We are all responsible gamers/drivers & should be reading the rules & posts thoroughly. Also we are all able to double-check our times before sending them in. Remember, keep all of your replays until the season is over. This will help avoid any problems with verification. And most of all, enjoy yourself!

Forums running TORC 15
TORC Talk
GTP
GT by Numbers
gtxf.net
PlayStation.Com
SoGT

Confirmed Drivers
888 Tuning
AERO_HDT
ArcFlyer
audiobbc
aVo87
Axionkt
Beerz
Bigracer
cerbrus1983
Chilo77
daan
Delfino
Dodo
Doggyollie
DustDriver
eclipsee
evilteez
F1KimiFreak
FLASH48
Flinx
Godson
GTP_chemicaL
GTP_Concept
GTP_MeAgainstYou
GTP_Pie
GTP_Turbo
Hugo Boss
i_eat_meat
Jump_Ace
kart racer
Kelly
Kyzarvs
Loxley
luke goldsmith
Mariner-9
Marmar76
Mr P
Mr_Unagi
OldTimer
Pedro
peekay
pl8ster
Prancing Horse
primeaudial
RacerPaul
RacingFreak2k3
ragman
rapid46
Rare White Ape
RaWRespect
Rico
Shoemacher
Stotty
Suede53
Tezcatlypoca
Timppaq
Tosk
vr4_fan
wayn*z
Widar
Womble

Teams
Team gt5p (Marmar76 & Kyzarvs)

Last edited:
Warm Up Event
Just for those who have to do something....

Car: Lexus IS F '07
Arcade
Track Select: High Speed Ring Reverse
Time Trial
Transmission: Drivers Choice
Active Steering: Off
Driving Physics: Professional
ASM: Off
TCS: Off

Post your best clean lap time here in this thread!

Last edited:
Hmm, I might have considered launching the team I intend on creating- The Lions Den Racing- but aint no way I'll be able to submit replays. (One day The Lion's Den will have its own official race team, who will the lucky person/s be who get to drive in it.:sly:)

Thanks for posting this event, Tosk. 👍

It's good to see TORC back again and using GT5P. 👍

I'll do my best to join in. 👍

Hmm, I might have considered launching the team I intend on creating- The Lions Den Racing- but aint no way I'll be able to submit replays.

Why can't you post your replays? :confused::confused:

Thanks for posting this event, Tosk. 👍

It's good to see TORC back again and using GT5P. 👍

Took the words out of my mouth. It's great to see some of the "more established names" (I didn't say "old", I promise) still involved.

G'Day Sphinx, I'm glad to be running another TORC event too, long over due IMO. Will be good to see you on track if you can.

nd 4 holden spd - Just copy your replay to a mem stick & email it, not hard at all. ;)

Hi Famine, what do you mean old??? :lol:

You in Famine?

EDIT:

I have been asked how do you send replays in, here are instructions on how to send replays...

1. Save your replay in the normal way
2. Quit game
3. Insert a USB Storage Device
4. Using the XMB, select game, select Saved Data Ultity
5. Scroll down to your Replay
6. Press triangle & select copy
7. Select the destination for the copy of your replay (USB Storage Device)
8. Copy it
9. Email the replay from your USB Storage Device

Sounds a lot, but it is pretty easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TORC peekay & Shoemacher, great to see you guys running again.
And welcome primeaudial to your first TORC expierence.

QUOTE "AERO_HDT"
Can this be done for GT4 replay saves on the PS3?

As far as I know, if you have one of the 1st PS3 systems (60GiG) & you have created a mem card for GT4 on your ps3, I don't see why it wouldn't work???

@ Trazker - I said that with tongue in cheek, but the Viper is fun to drive, even at Suzuka 600!

@ Duke_of_Nemesis - What do you mean no GT5P? Are you ill? No worries Duke, you can wear a skimpy little outfit & hold my umbrella on the grid!! lol ;)

As for the times in the warm up event, can you guys slow down, I'm way behind & we only have been running for a few days... ;)

Drivers List Updated

Welcome back to Womble & Flinx.
And welcome to your first TORC event F1KimiFreak, GTP_chemicaL & i_eat_meat. Hope you guys enjoy the racing.

@ i_eat_meat - sweet entry time!!

Flinx - long time no see my friend, how have you been? Have you been doing much with GT5P?

Drivers List & Warm up Times Updated

This dutch captain slow might just join in 'cos there is so little to do in the on/offline Prologue racing landscape. Guess I like the format tho I never partook in any of the previous versions of it.
Warm up event laptime coming up ...

Other question: May i post the video of the lap on youtube?

And: Sector 2 times are the only times that may be discussed during each race (during warm up any time may be discussed).

Just to see if i understand it right, only the 2nd sector times of a lap maybe discussed?

Last edited:
Welcome back to TORC RacerPaul

And welcome to your 1st series of TORC “Captain Slow”!! lol

@ Chilo77 – Not too late mate, strap yourself in & welcome.

I know what you mean Godson, it's like a blast from the past!!

@ F1KimiFreak – You can post what ever you like about the warm up & discuss any times you want, but during the races you are right, only 2nd sector times can be posted or discussed. This keeps the final results as a bit of a mystery.

@ i_eat_meat – Bugger that hotmail is not compatible. Have you tried gmail or another web based email provider? It is a pity you can’t attach replays to PS3 messages. That would make it so easy.

No really, how much am I looking at for a USB memory stick, and can it do the same thing with pictures so I can upload proper pictures to the internet.

What of the compound for the warmup event? I gather it's S2 but since the update we've got the choice of N1's thru S2 so please, steward, enlighten us?
BTW I got a lap of 1'19.213 but that was for non-reverse so after the tyre-issue cleanup I'll give it a go in reverse :dopey:
Btw this WRS Div3 rookie does not really like PRO mode in Prologue ... at least give us TCS Tosk or I'll be having sleepless nights for the rest of the tourney :lol: because please don't forget how tough it is for us suxasses users to drive in the game not using a wheel ...

EDIT ... if S2's are the right compound to use then my laptime is 1'17.884 :) for HSR Reverse that is, of course.
Oh and ps: I might not submit for London (me no likey city tracks as some might know) so if you want to gum me out do it now Tosk!

Last edited:
Long time no see Pete 👍

Please put my name down also mate .. will get on the warm up event later tonight :cheers:

Welcome to TORC 15 Tezcatlypoca, Loxley, evilteez, Timppaq, Mr P, Marmar76, Kyzarvs

nd 4 Holden spd – A USB stick will only cost you a few dollars, depending on what size you want. And yes, it will do the same for pictures.

Mr P, how have you been my friend?

Tezcatlypoca - there is no need to PM for registration, consider yourself registered!

Bigracer - The compound for the warm up is S2, looks like after the update they changed it. As for the TCS Bigracer, sorry mate, the series is called TORC (the “C” standing for challenge) and with TCS, it really wouldn’t be one ;)
You are not the only driver not using a wheel, I don’t use one either.
If you don’t submit for London, that is up to you if you don’t like the track, but you will have no chance of finishing in a decent position with a DNF, but I wont “gum me out”! lol

Marmar76 & Kyzarvs – Glad you guys have joined and glad to have you as the first team for this season.

Marmar76 – As for how this series fully works, it’s simple
1 - Each race I will post race details
2 - You race it & stay within the rules
3 – Submit your time before the deadline
4 – Send in your replays before the deadline
That’s it!

Last edited:
Mr P, how have you been my friend?

Thanks for the Welcome .. doing great here mate 👍 I hope everything is good for you also :cheers:

Ok lets get to business :P ... ran some laps in the Lexus last night and a few laps led to lots more laps haha, anyway my only problem with this combo is the not being up to speed for a flying lap until lap 2 and it's so easy to stuff on turn 1 lap 2 by late braking :ouch: .. so the lap before the flyer is just a pain in the ass :sly:

other than that it is quite enjoyable and very addictive trying to keep the wheels from smoking .. Here's my best lap so far after a good load of laps 1'15.143

I was a good .2 ahead of this ghost on a couple of occasions and know with lots more laps a 1'14 will be secure ... I reckon someone will get there before me though! feel free to check my lap out on the online leaderboard .. it's the one in 1st place :sly:

now there's a glove slap comment to entice the elites if ever there was one :sly:👍

edit: 1'15.118

Last edited:
Welcome aVo87, Suede53, 888 Tuning & Widar to your first TORC expierence, and welcome back Dodo.

@ Mr P, great 1st warm up time!

Welcome to our 1st Team, “Team gt5p” (Kyzarvs & Marmar76)

With the current number of signups (32), this is looking at being one of the bigger TORC events :)

@ Mr P, great 1st warm up time!

Cheers mate .. I made a few tiny improvements from 1'15.143 then 1'15.118 and ended at 1'15.115 and I know a certain German friend was so close to me last night I could smell his aftershave :sly:

I think he may have passed the 15.1 by now ... I will have to check 👍

Welcome aVo87, Suede53, 888 Tuning & Widar to your first TORC expierence
Thank you!

I just managed a 1.15.759!

Another thing that i came to think of, all top time trail times are saved, so seeing other peoples times is easy. For example, i know Mr P has a better time now...

Edit: New time, 1.15.485!

Last edited:
Back