Tour of Europe!Draft 

• Thread starter hlar
  • 19 comments

What category of races would you like to see in the Tour of Europe?

• Just Races!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just TTs!

• Just Endurances!

• A mixture!

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
Japan
Japan
The "Petrol Tour of Europe"

Hey guys,

I am announcing the possible creation of the Tour of Europe: A 500pp (or so) road tour around Europe, in iconic locations and tracks. You could compare it similarly to the cycling Tour de France as an example.

I haven't decided, but the tour could consist of races, time trials, endurance races and possibly rally's. Vote above to decide on what category of races you want to be included in the tour!

A map and further details may come out in a few days.

Thank you for showing interest! :)

hlar

I'm always looking for long race's to join. Doing 3 or 4 lap race's is starting to get old all the time. Would like to find a group who is into doing longer events.

Now there are a lot of people still playing on GT6 but it seems almost impossible to get anything organized from in the game. The club section in the game seems to see very little traffic so creating a new one in hopes people will just join is very unlikely. Then under recommended clubs you will find so many old inactive ones its hard to filter through them all.
So if people don't bite on the idea here I really don't know how to get it off the ground and running. But I'm in if you can get something going.

Last edited:
I'm always looking for long race's to join. Doing 3 or 4 lap race's is starting to get old all the time. Would like to find a group who is into doing longer events.

Now there are a lot of people still playing on GT6 but it seems almost impossible to get anything organized from in the game. The club section in the game seems to see very little traffic so creating a new one in hopes people will just join is very unlikely. Then under recommended clubs you will find so many old inactive ones its hard to filter through them all.
So if people don't bite on the idea here I really don't know how to get it off the ground and running. But I'm in if you can get something going.
Thanks man! ;)

I shall be putting up a nice graphical calender if you like of the event dates, info etc. Soon. Glad to see that someone likes my idea! I've always been interested in setting up something similar to a Le Mans series, but I feel that there is already a few racing series outlet based on endurance and the classic "we do this race you get points" blah blah blah, so I hope in this we can shake things up. I shall be opening up this idea to the GRC (global rally championship) which I'm currently competing to see their thoughts and try to get some people on board too!

I'd also like to say, that if all goes well, I could consider doing Tours of America, or Tours of the Alps etc. To spice things up in the future 👍

Thanks again,

hlar

I think it would be a good change of pace. I've found doing races a bit differently in GT6 turns out to be alot of fun in the end.
I already belong to one group and its alot of fun as we only race dealership stock cars.

I'm definitely looking for something else that falls between 450pp to 500pp and this seems like a good place to start because I like your idea. We just have to find others and I might have one or two friends that would join depending on the day and race times.

Just an update on this event. I've made a basic and quick map of the tour, with Silverstone being the start and the infamous Nürburgring Nordschlieffe being the finish. Tell me what you think! I can always alter it

hlar

Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 19.08.46.png

Just an update on this event. I've made a basic and quick map of the tour, with Silverstone being the start and the infamous Nürburgring Nordschlieffe being the finish. Tell me what you think! I can always alter it

hlar

View attachment 700839

Yeah I like that. There are some very famous tracks in this series along with one of my favorites Circuito de la Sierra
Any idea on what type of cars you want to run? Road Cars, Touring Cars, Race Cars?

I hope so seeing as we don't have much time left on GT6.
Maybe @hlar will have everything ready to go by early to mid January.

Hey guys sorry for the late reply. I recently got GT Sport and I've been playing a bit of that but don't worry, I will definitely still be playing GT6 regularly

The event will still be on. I will soon be doing a proper post with full rules and details etc. I think we'll be using the standard 500pp (or so) cars tuned, of course

I've also been playing GTS and like you I'm still here on GT6 until the 28th of March so im ready for some good old fashion racing.

Once you get all the details posted up I will see who I can get to join us. I race every Tuesday night with a great group of guys so hopefully I can get a few of them.

I'll hopefully be doing the graphics/main post etc. very soon, so keep your eyes peeld! As it is the 'Tour of Europe', I was thinking that we could limit the car categories to just European cars, or would that be a bit too harsh in your opinion? Thanks for all the interest!

I've created 2 poster/logos. Which one do you prefer? One with 2018 or no 2018? Main post w/ full details hopefully coming soon!
GT6 Tour of Europe Poster (1).png

or...

GT6 Tour of Europe Poster (2).png

I'm leaving the watermark on there for now on the top right to credit the owner of the background image

NOTICE: Unfortunatley, GT6 servers will be shutting March the 18th. So, to make the most of this, I will be posting the main event details and all regulations today with a calendar. Event will probably start the 7th of Feb, so get ready for one final good race! Thanks for all the interest!

Back