touring car head to head

  • Thread starter Thread starter fenderjaz
  • 16 comments
  • 995 views
Messages
1
hi, going head to head race with a friend on deep forest, any ideas as to what the best dtm ( touring) car to use ? no race cars
 
No Shift key on your keyboard?

All DTM cars are race cars, so it's not really possible to answer your question.
 
Aww come on you know what the guy meant. My personal favorite is the Subaru Touring but I'm not entirely sure that it's the fastest by any means.
 
Aww come on you know what the guy meant. My personal favorite is the Subaru Touring but I'm not entirely sure that it's the fastest by any means.

I'm not kissing up to to the mods... but I don't know what he meant?
 
Touring cars? No race cars?

What do you mean by touring cars? Care to elaborate? Because touring cars are race-modified cars. But I dunno with you.
 
Impreza touring, mazda 6 touring, altezza touring...etc. I would be assuming.
 
Last edited:
I guess by "no race cars" Fenderjaz means no LMP, GT1 or Group C race cars.

We must be aware that not all of GT5 players watch motorsports and have a large car culture. So maybe this forum will help them.

As for the OP, i can't really help as i haven't tried any DTM car in the game yet. But from my experience with GT4, the Astra touring car and the CLK DTM (both standards in GT5) handle pretty well and will be suitable for your race.
 
The Audi A4 tourer is my favorite DTM style car.

I think the OP phrased the question that way to avoid 20 replies saying that the X2010 is the best car for the purpose.:sly:
 
Last edited:
X2010, clearly best for the purpose! :D

My favourite DTM car is the Audi A4, I believe the Merc CLK is the best in terms of performance but it looks a bit... well... blocky :D
 
I like the Audi TT touring and the Cusco Impreza is a close second.
 
FTO Super Touring car..is my absolute favorite
 
The Alfa 155 is a top car imo or the Benz CLK
 
I personally like the Subaru first and then the Audi A4
 
DTM (Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters) cars...

Alfa 155ti DTM
Merc CLK DTM
Audi A4 DTM
Audi TT DTM
Astra DTM (2 versions)
Calibra DTM (2 versions)

The Mercedes CLK is the fastest and best handling car with that group... we did quite a lot of on-line racing in DTM cars earlier this year, and the Merc was consistently the fastest.

M3 GTR, Impreza's, FTO, Mazda 6, Atenza, BMW 320i, etc... some of these might be 'touring cars', but they are not DTM cars.
 
Back