Tourist Trophy Game Freeze

• Thread starter djeedah
  • 4 comments
Croatia
Croatia
djeedah
Hi guys im having a problem with my original copy of a PS2 game Tourist Trophy. When I get to the track selection in Arcade Mode it freezes. It happens everytime at the same spot. Everytime I get to the Laguna Seca it freezes and I cannot do anything but reset the game. The disc of the game is in excellent condition and the PS2 has a Matrix chip modification if that means something.

I cant figure out what the problem is. Anyone of u ever experienced this before? Or know what could be the problem please post.

The freeze of the game is in the video below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, djeedah!

I've personally never encountered this issue with my PAL copy of Tourist Trophy (also double-checked). I'm not entirely sure how a chip modification could affect the console but if the disc is indeed in great condition (i.e. no major scratches watsoever, fingerprints and etc.), there's a risk that it's your PS2 that is at fault here.

Does it happen in Tourist Trophy Mode as well; when selecting tracks in Time Trial or Photoride? Are you experiencing same issues with other games?

Hi Hyland, thanks for the reply.
No actually the ps2 works fine with other games. Ive played 4,5 games they worked with no problems. Some tracks before i reach laguna seca in arcade mode are playable.
As for career mode havent played much but I didnt have problems although it froze once i entered into something in career mode.

Ill try once again and report back.

Ok i tried once again.
Arcade mode freezes again at laguna seca. However Photo ride works perfectly i tried laguna seca and nurgburgring. License test level 1 worked. Time trial worked (tried 2,3 tracks no freezes). Race events worked tried 2,3 tracks.
Arcade mode freezes unfortunately now the thing is I am a big fan of GT games and I barely play arcade mode but still its not very comforting knowing that there is something posiblly broken in the game. For now career or tourist trophy mode works fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok i tried once again.
Arcade mode freezes again at laguna seca. However Photo ride works perfectly i tried laguna seca and nurgburgring. License test level 1 worked. Time trial worked (tried 2,3 tracks no freezes). Race events worked tried 2,3 tracks.
Arcade mode freezes unfortunately now the thing is I am a big fan of GT games and I barely play arcade mode but still its not very comforting knowing that there is something posiblly broken in the game. For now career or tourist trophy mode works fine.
Alright, that sucks to hear. Do you have the possibility to try the game out on another PS2? If the game freezes at the very same point, it's definitely the disc.

I've owned and played on chipped PS1s and PS2s in the past and I've never had such issues either, so that was more of an assumption. I have however encountered several games freezing due to awful disc conditions. In those cases, I would usually open the tray and then close it - it's not a foolproof solution though but works if you're lucky.

Damn friend says his laser doesnt work. Will probably find some other ps2 eventually. Anyways thanks for the help ;-)
Its probably the disc. I remember although (I doubt thats the problem), when I had a ps1 I removed the memory card during the playthrough of MGS and for some reason after that I couldnt ever play that game and the memory card was corrupted.it didnt work On any console. The disc was completely useless I could play the opening part in the dock and when I would get to the elevator it would freeze, and the same thing happened when I tested it on my friends PS1. It worked before perfectly. Although I doubt that that is the case in this game there is probably something with the disc.

Back