Tourist Trophy Single Weekly Time Trial Week 2: Get high with Kaiser

• Thread starter Harsk100
  • 20 comments
Portugal
South
HarskGaming96
ducati-1-jpg.252118

kaiser.jpg

Welcome to the 2nd race of Single Weekly Time Trial series! In this week, we are racing with one of the fastest 80's bikes in the game. I hope that you enjoy racing as much I do!

Week 2 : Kawasaki Z1000 S1 '82 @ High Speed Ring
IMG_0003.JPG

Game mode :
TT Mode / Time Trial / World Courses / High Speed Ring / Free Run (In NTSC is written Practice)

ducati-2-jpg.252120

Bike Specifications :

• All bike settings can be changed;
    • Any racing tyres are allowed;
    • Driving Mode: Driver's Choice;
    • Failure Conditions must be off.
Race Rules :

• 2 Wheels at the track must be kept at all times;
    • Rumble Strips and all coloured areas of pavement/rumble strips are considered part of track;
    • No contact with walls or objects; visible or invisible; Doing so will be considered an unfair vantage.
    • If you are not sure if your lap is clean, please rewatch youryour lap again so you can see if it is dirty or not. Rewatch your lap as many times as neccessary.
    • Hybrids are not alowed; Doing so will result automatically in disqualification;
    • No cheating of any kind; Doing so will result automatically in exclusion of results;
    • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules;
    • Save your replay ('Save best Lap' Icon)
Thread rules :
The following info which cannot be discussed in this thread (however, they can be discussed by PM Conversation or by other means) are:

• The time of your lap;
    • Any information can be used to infer lap time.
Submission :
All submissions must be sent to me by PM (Harsk100).

• You can submit more than once per race, but only the best lap time will count.
    • Please include in your submission PM your name, time, racing number and the time.
    • The deadline is Tuesday, December 2nd, 12 PM GMT
Time Verification
Save your replay and send your time to me by pm (Harsk100)

• Videos are not mandatory but if anyone wish to send videos of replay, then doing so is allowed;
    • At least the picture of screen of lap time is mandatory;
    • .DAT Replays via USB are accepted and encouraged.
Track Limits:
IMG_0004.JPG

Note that these yellow lines are part of track.

Warning: Beware that High Speed Ring must be done in Normal, not in Reverse!

Good luck!

Harsk100

Last edited:
Interesting combination. I like it.

:)
Thanks MX- I had already decided to do this phrase because Kaiser is an beer company and get high is to gain more speed and be faster.

So, that's why the phrase "Get high with Kaiser" was created.

@LXM3500 That's a good point, I read a week back or so that there were some PAL exclusive bikes, and after a quick search...

PAL exclusive bikes
Kawasaki Z1000 R1 '82
Kawasaki Z1000 S1 '82
Yoshimura GS1000R '80

I don't believe there are any NTSC exclusive bikes to worry about, but yeah. I would enter this, because being in New Zealand I have a PAL system, but my PS2 isn't really mine anymore, and my sister let someone else borrow it for awhile. So when/if I get it back, I might join in because Tourist Trophy is amazing.

Awwww... I have to sit this one out then. Those are nice bikes too! :(
Just a suggestion, can we stick with bikes that are available on all systems next time?

Sure! 👍
Cool. I suppose it's only fair that the PAL version gets the bikes we never got in the states IRL, but then they also have all of these 2-stroke 80's bikes that would have had stones thrown at them if they were ever even seen on U.S streets. And yet, these lovely, beautiful four-stroke bikes don't get included in our version!

Anyway, good luck everyone!

P.S., when I first looked at the title I thought Kaiser was some kind of drug. :lol:

Cool. I suppose it's only fair that the PAL version gets the bikes we never got in the states IRL, but then they also have all of these 2-stroke 80's bikes that would have had stones thrown at them if they were ever even seen on U.S streets. And yet, these lovely, beautiful four-stroke bikes don't get included in our version!

Anyway, good luck everyone!

P.S., when I first looked at the title I thought Kaiser was some kind of drug. :lol:
Thanks. By the way, Kaiser is not an drug.

You have more 5 days to submit your time!

If you haven't done it, then please do it now! 👍

Completely forgot about the bike being region exclusive. That's a shame. I feel sorry for the NTSC players missing out on the Yoshimura GS1000R XR69 as well.

Well, anyway, I will get to working on my lap time tomorrow. I remember the first corner being an absolute pain in the ass to get right at high speed.

I have the NTSC version, so I can't submit a time.
That's a shame that NTSC players do not have Kawasaki Z1000's and Yoshimura's. But by the way, I promise that the next week will be a bike which is in both PAL and NTSC versions... 👍

Completely forgot about the bike being region exclusive. That's a shame. I feel sorry for the NTSC players missing out on the Yoshimura GS1000R XR69 as well.

Well, anyway, I will get to working on my lap time tomorrow. I remember the first corner being an absolute pain in the ass to get right at high speed.

Great! 👍

Pheew, at last - a PM is coming along your way soon, @Harsk100.

Absolutely love the bike and the track combination. A lot of fun creating sparks in the corners with the Kawasaki. Curse that first corner though.

Last edited:
Pheew, at last - a PM coming along your way soon, @Harsk100.

Absolutely love the bike and the track combination. A lot of fun creating sparks in the corners with the Kawasaki. Curse that first corner though.
I saw your PM, thanks! 👍

It wasn't easy to keep the bike on foot, because of my controller issues..

I know! All we get in terms of 80's bikes are a bunch of 2-stroke bikes that were never available in the U.S. that would get you assassinated by the EPA if you even THOUGHT about riding one. Oh, and the GPZ 900. I just don't get it! :banghead:

I know! All we get in terms of 80's bikes are a bunch of 2-stroke bikes that were never available in the U.S. that would get you assassinated by the EPA if you even THOUGHT about riding one. Oh, and the GPZ 900. I just don't get it! :banghead:
The bike of Week 3 will not be the GPZ 900. It will be another bike which is available for all versions of TT.

The results are finally published. Sadly, LXM couldn't race because he was in NTSC versions and I haven't heard from cdx since Week 1. So, the winner is MX.

Congratulations MX! :cheers:

And I'm sorry for not opening an Week 3's thread like used to but I hadn't anymore pleasure to play TT because I got back to GT4. I only prefer play games when I have pleasure because I consider them as fun hobbie.

Therefore, the Week 3 has been postponed and the Week 2's deadline has been extended to December 2nd.

Hi Harsk, as I PMd you a bit earlier, I'll send you a lap time by the new deadline. Also, thanks for your blessing for setting up more races, I'll post week 3 in a bit :)

The bike of Week 3 will not be the GPZ 900. It will be another bike which is available for all versions of TT.

The results are finally published. Sadly, LXM couldn't race because he was in NTSC versions and I haven't heard from cdx since Week 1. So, the winner is MX.

Congratulations MX! :cheers:

And I'm sorry for not opening an Week 3's thread like used to but I hadn't anymore pleasure to play TT because I got back to GT4. I only prefer play games when I have pleasure because I consider them as fun hobbie.

Therefore, the Week 3 has been postponed and the Week 2's deadline has been extended to December 2nd.
If I could find my GT4 disk, I'd be down for a time trial series similar to this one. Then (in theory), there shouldn't be any issues with exclusive vehicles.

EDIT: I've been searching every single box, every single case, EVERY SINGLE SQUARE INCH of my house for months now, and there it was sitting on the video rack the whole time. :banghead:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, I'm definitely up for a GT4 time trial if you guys are.

If I could find my GT4 disk, I'd be down for a time trial series similar to this one. Then (in theory), there shouldn't be any issues with exclusive vehicles.

EDIT: I've been searching every single box, every single case, EVERY SINGLE SQUARE INCH of my house for months now, and there it was sitting on the video rack the whole time. :banghead:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, I'm definitely up for a GT4 time trial if you guys are.
If you want, you can join the round 2 of GT4 Rallye Challenge.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt4-rallye-challenge.320066/

Back