- United Kingdom
Hi guys and gals, in order to keep the riding going and with the blessing of Harsk, here's the Single Weekly Time Trial series Week 3! This time we have a shorter track and two bikes to race. The ’93 Honda NSR250R and the Suzuki GSX-R 600 RM. Please feel free to participate with either or both. There will be a set of rankings for each bike.
Track: Suzuka East
Bike 1: Honda NSR250R SE ’93
Bike 2: Suzuki GSX-R 600 RM ’05
Game mode :
TT Mode / Time Trial / World Courses / Suzuka East / Free Run ("Practice" in NTSC)
Bike Specifications (two categories, there will be an overall ranking and separate rankings):
- For "Custom" (see below, in the Submission part)
- All bike settings can be changed
- Any racing tyres are allowed
- Riding Mode: rider's choice
- Rider Form: can be changed
- For "Race Stock"
- Must use default bike settings + sport exhaust
- Must use "Production" tyres for non-RM bikes and "Soft" racing tyres for RM bikes
- Riding Mode: rider's choice
- Rider Form: must use one of the default ones (Neutral / Lean in / Lean out) without modifications
Race Rules :
- Failure conditions must be on
- Both wheels must be kept on the track at all times
- Rumble strips and all coloured areas of pavement / rumble strips are considered part of track
- No contact with walls or objects; visible or invisible; Doing so will be considered an unfair advantage
- If you are not sure if your lap is clean, please re-watch your lap again so you can see if it is dirty or not. Re-watch your lap as many times as necessary
- Hybrids are not allowed, using them will result automatically in disqualification
- No cheating of any kind, doing so will result automatically in exclusion of results
- Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
- Save your replay ('Save best Lap' Icon)
Thread rules :
The following info which cannot be discussed in this thread (however, they can be discussed by PM Conversation or by other means) are:
- The time of your lap
- Any information can be used to infer lap time
All submissions must be sent to cdx by PM.
- Please include in your submission PM your name, racing number and the lap time (optional info 1: self assessment as novice, intermediate, advanced; there will be an overall raking and a tiered raking; optional info 2 (Race Stock (+ which form) or Custom): "Race Stock (RS)": exhaust is Sport (if available) + tyres are Production (non RM bikes) or Soft (RM bikes) + rider uses one of the default Rider Forms (include which one)), "Custom" is any non-RS setup
- You can submit more than once per race, but only the best lap time will count
- The deadline is Tuesday, December 2nd, 12 PM GMT
OI1 (delete lines as appropriate):
OI2 (delete line as appropriate):
- Race Stock (Riding Form: "Neutral" "Lean in" "Lean out")
- Save your replay and send your time by PM to me (cdx):
- Mandatory: A picture of the screen showing the lap time. If only the picture is sent the time will not be marked as "verified"
- Optional: .DAT replays via USB or video of the lap. Please note, only the .DAT file replay will give your time the "verified" mark
* Any suggestions or feedback are welcome! *
How do you like the two very different bikes on the same track? The idea is to have two experiences on the same course and to notice the different approaches to the track with the different bikes.
What do you think of an additional tiered ranking? Does it add a bit of extra motivation for newer TT players?
The "Race Stock" / "Custom" will also have additional rankings. "Race Stock" is for people who don't have enough time to test different set-ups. Please send either RS or Modified, not one of each. I don't think this can be verified (other than with a long video), so I'll trust you'd be using these if you say you are.
Would you like to participate in other types of competitions (e.g. timing some of the licences, a quickest Bike Challenge overtake, etc.)?
Some images will be added in the weekend to make the post a bit nicer. Your images are welcome! All of them will go in the gallery and one will go at the top of this post.
A big thank you to Harsk100 for starting the weekly events!