Tourist Trophy Single Weekly Time Trial Week 3

• Thread starter cdx
  • 19 comments

cdx

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
mk5EqNS.jpg

Hi guys and gals, in order to keep the riding going and with the blessing of Harsk, here's the Single Weekly Time Trial series Week 3! This time we have a shorter track and two bikes to race. The ’93 Honda NSR250R and the Suzuki GSX-R 600 RM. Please feel free to participate with either or both. There will be a set of rankings for each bike.

Week 3:

Track:
Suzuka East

Bike 1: Honda NSR250R SE ’93
Bike 2: Suzuki GSX-R 600 RM ’05

Game mode :

TT Mode / Time Trial / World Courses / Suzuka East / Free Run ("Practice" in NTSC)

Bike Specifications (two categories, there will be an overall ranking and separate rankings):

• For "Custom" (see below, in the Submission part)
    • All bike settings can be changed
    • Any racing tyres are allowed
    • Riding Mode: rider's choice
    • Rider Form: can be changed
  • For "Race Stock"
    • Must use default bike settings + sport exhaust
    • Must use "Production" tyres for non-RM bikes and "Soft" racing tyres for RM bikes
    • Riding Mode: rider's choice
    • Rider Form: must use one of the default ones (Neutral / Lean in / Lean out) without modifications

Race Rules :
  • Failure conditions must be on
  • Both wheels must be kept on the track at all times
  • Rumble strips and all coloured areas of pavement / rumble strips are considered part of track
  • No contact with walls or objects; visible or invisible; Doing so will be considered an unfair advantage
  • If you are not sure if your lap is clean, please re-watch your lap again so you can see if it is dirty or not. Re-watch your lap as many times as necessary
  • Hybrids are not allowed, using them will result automatically in disqualification
  • No cheating of any kind, doing so will result automatically in exclusion of results
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your replay ('Save best Lap' Icon)

Thread rules :

The following info which cannot be discussed in this thread (however, they can be discussed by PM Conversation or by other means) are:
  • The time of your lap
  • Any information can be used to infer lap time

Submission :

All submissions must be sent to cdx by PM.
  • Please include in your submission PM your name, racing number and the lap time (optional info 1: self assessment as novice, intermediate, advanced; there will be an overall raking and a tiered raking; optional info 2 (Race Stock (+ which form) or Custom): "Race Stock (RS)": exhaust is Sport (if available) + tyres are Production (non RM bikes) or Soft (RM bikes) + rider uses one of the default Rider Forms (include which one)), "Custom" is any non-RS setup
  • You can submit more than once per race, but only the best lap time will count
  • The deadline is Tuesday, December 2nd, 12 PM GMT
-Template for quick copy/paste-

Name:
Racing number:
Lap time:
OI1 (delete lines as appropriate):
- Novice
- Intermediate
- Advanced
OI2 (delete line as appropriate):
- Race Stock (Riding Form: "Neutral" "Lean in" "Lean out")
- Custom

Time Verification
  • Save your replay and send your time by PM to me (cdx):
  • Mandatory: A picture of the screen showing the lap time. If only the picture is sent the time will not be marked as "verified"
  • Optional: .DAT replays via USB or video of the lap. Please note, only the .DAT file replay will give your time the "verified" mark
Miscellaneous:

* Any suggestions or feedback are welcome! *

How do you like the two very different bikes on the same track? The idea is to have two experiences on the same course and to notice the different approaches to the track with the different bikes.

What do you think of an additional tiered ranking? Does it add a bit of extra motivation for newer TT players?

The "Race Stock" / "Custom" will also have additional rankings. "Race Stock" is for people who don't have enough time to test different set-ups. Please send either RS or Modified, not one of each. I don't think this can be verified (other than with a long video), so I'll trust you'd be using these if you say you are.

Would you like to participate in other types of competitions (e.g. timing some of the licences, a quickest Bike Challenge overtake, etc.)?

Some images will be added in the weekend to make the post a bit nicer. Your images are welcome! All of them will go in the gallery and one will go at the top of this post.

Good luck!

cdx

A big thank you to Harsk100 for starting the weekly events!

Last edited:
Having two bikes for Week 3 is a great idea, in my opinion. I'll make sure to have an entry ready for both of them before deadline - with a picture and .DAT replay file inlcuded as usual. The replay files are uploaded and shared through Google drive so if you don't have a Google account, I assume you'll need one.

:)

Last edited:
Haing two bikes is definetly an great idea for me, too!

But what do you mean that "Custom" specifications of the bike? I don't understand. Right now, I'm with Suzuki GSX-R 600 RM with default settings and RS tyres.

I'm happy that you guys like having an additional bike.

MXHyland, I have a google account, so google drive links would work great.

Harsk, with "Race Stock" I wanted to indroduce a preset for the bike and riding form for anyone who would rather race without tinkering with a lot of settings. So, for example "Race Stock" for the Gixer would be default settings, changing the default tyres to "Soft" (for best grip) and using one of the preset riding forms (e.g. Lean in) without any further modifications. If you manually modify any other setting (e.g. transmission, suspension or any of the elements of rider form) then the lap time would go to the "Custom" category ranking instead of the "Race Stock".

Is that a bit clearer? In short - Case 1: you unlock the bike, put "Soft" tyres, pick Lean in (or Neutral or Lean out) rider form, your bike is "Race Stock". Case 2: any other configuration of bike/rider form, your bike is "Custom"

These don't matter at all for the main ranking, just add a bit of flavor to make separate extra rankings for players who tinker with the settings and those who don't. You get to choose which way to go.

cdx
How do you like the two very different bikes on the same track? The idea is to have two experiences on the same course and to notice the different approaches to the track with the different bikes.
I like the idea a lot for those reasons alone. Sure, your racing line might not change much at all but the braking points and when to apply throttle and how much will, depending on the type of bike and its handling characteristics.

What do you think of an additional tiered ranking? Does it add a bit of extra motivation for newer TT players?
Sort of like the WRS divisions in the GT forums?

Would you like to participate in other types of competitions (e.g. timing some of the licences, a quickest Bike Challenge overtake, etc.)?
I believe that the Challenges could be interesting. It's an even playing field and less fustrating than the licenses.

:D
cdx
MXHyland, I have a google account, so google drive links would work great.
Excellent.

👍

I already have tested the Suzuki GSX-R 600 in Race Stock. But I also have tested the Honda in Race Stock and Custom. I'll test the GSX-R 600 with Custom now.

EDIT: I forgot to put Failure Conditions on!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:
MX, yes, tiers are similar to the WRS divisions. I saw them some time ago and got the idea from there. I should have had a look more recently though, "divisions" sounds better than tiers. Also, I'll try to put some Challenge in the mix soon. As for licences, if we do them they wuoldn't have to be gold, just comparing times again.

Harsk, please pick only one of Race Stock or Custom for each bike. There will be an Overall ranking that includes both Race Stock and Custom, so everyone will take part in this, but everyone can opt in for only one of the extra Race Stock or Custom rankings (that is per bike). Nothig was wasted though, now that you've tried both you can see your times and decide which optional ranking you'd like to participate in :)

Time has been submited.

I think that the name of the title should be: TT Weekly Time Trial Week #3- GNSRX-6250.

So, after a few sessions today and earlier this week, I'm finally done playing around with the GSX-R, I think. Moronically, I forgot to save my Best Run replay (did the same thing with NSR250R, but I'm not yet ready to submit a time - I deserve a dunce hat) yesterday so I set my second best lap time today, which is off by .008. Close enough!

cdx
MX, yes, tiers are similar to the WRS divisions. I saw them some time ago and got the idea from there. I should have had a look more recently though, "divisions" sounds better than tiers. Also, I'll try to put some Challenge in the mix soon. As for licences, if we do them they wuoldn't have to be gold, just comparing times again.
Alright, sounds good 👍

Nice idea about a title for the week Harsk :) I had a look but I don't see a way to change the topic title, otherwise I'd have put it there. Thanks for submitting the time! Are you going to submit one for the NSR as well?

MX, bad luck with the replay. Plenty of time till the deadline though, so nothing's lost :)

I've updated the first with the image of bikes and track. I'll change the participants later, I'll add my name and anyone else who joins by the deadline.

Come on silent TT fans, join in! Let's show PDI that TT is not forgotten :)

@cdx - I really like the update to the OP! Nicely done. Also, are we using the RM version of the NSR250R or the road version? A bit confusing.

:D

:boggled:

Silly me, I'll fix the picture. Yes, you're right it should be the non-RM version.

Edit: Picture fixed. Thanks for pointing that out! :)

Last edited:
I'm officially done with this week's time trial. Not entirely confident in my lap times this time around, but my left numb thumb can't take no more.

Anyway, I'll PM my lap times and replay files some time tomorrow evening.

:cheers:

I'm officially done with this week's time trial. Not entirely confident in my lap times this time around, but my left numb thumb can't take no more.

Anyway, I'll PM my lap times and replay files some time tomorrow evening.

:cheers:
By the way, the thread of week 4 has been opened. So, go check it out, MX.

The results are posted.

Congrats MX, you're first again, although Harsk is not at all far behind!

I'm last as usual :) If you'd like to see a pic or save of my replay I can upload them.

Harsk, I still can't open the link you sent me. Once I can open it I'll update the Verified bit.

There are also a few pics I've put in the gallery, I'll add yours there if you'd like to upload any!

cdx
The results are posted.

Congrats MX, you're first again, although Harsk is not at all far behind!

I'm last as usual :) If you'd like to see a pic or save of my replay I can upload them.

Harsk, I still can't open the link you sent me. Once I can open it I'll update the Verified bit.

There are also a few pics I've put in the gallery, I'll add yours there if you'd like to upload any!
OK. I'm sorry if I didn't make the times of NSR, I just wanted to do the race with just one bike.

OK. I'll take some pictures later.

Back