• Thread starter Tyre King
  • 58 comments

Tyre King

Sleep! Who needs Sleep?
Premium
United Kingdom
Carlisle,Cumbria,England!
Ballstothewall1
I wanted to tell some of you guys some crack/news/gossip that is bike related, and thought it would be nice to have a chit-chat thread all about bikes, TT, TT WRS, lives in general, in here too!

So here it is! Init!đź‘Ť

Obviously this should have the same general rules as the other Chit-chat threads, and adhere to the same rules of conduct expected by GTP/WRS etc.
All laid out HERE!

Moderators/Super-Mod's and of course Icemanshooter23 (Ben) will have final say on what is out of order, or not.

Use it well, use it wisely

Neil

Yes Ben, It mite be a good idea.đź‘Ť

Anyway.....................

For those that are interested in real-life bike racing, and live in the UK!

I, my partner Anne, my foster-kid, and 6 of my closest mates are going to attend the Knockhill round of the British Superbikes from Saturday the 15th July.
We will be camping in the Track's camp-site, and will be there from 12 mid-day when the camp-site opens.

If anyone else on here is attending or is interested in maybe attending, it would be great to hook up and meet some of the like-minded guys I know from here!

Neil

doh! i knew i was forgeting to do something today or yesterday. i just got a 05 rsx type s (15,5 miles :D) so thats what i was busy with ;)

i ran a 1'44.278 at valencia fwiw :)

[empty space]
doh! i knew i was forgeting to do something today or yesterday. i just got a 05 rsx type s (15,5 miles :D) so thats what i was busy with ;)

i ran a 1'44.278 at valencia fwiw :)

Nice one on the car and lap time too! Any plans to mod the little beaut?

in time I would like to see a weekly series with points like moto gp, like a 18-20 ish race schedule... would be pretty cool

Tomf4i03
in time I would like to see a weekly series with points like moto gp, like a 18-20 ish race schedule... would be pretty cool

Nice, but the beauty of the WRS (Well, the GT4 was) is that you can come and go, if you have a busy week and don't compete, you just don't enter that week, you don't lose loads of points, slip and slide down, each week is a race unto its own, i can see the positives and negatives of including points right now, but i am happy how it is myself đź‘Ť

TimBrad
Nice, but the beauty of the WRS (Well, the GT4 was) is that you can come and go, if you have a busy week and don't compete, you just don't enter that week, you don't lose loads of points, slip and slide down, each week is a race unto its own, i can see the positives and negatives of including points right now, but i am happy how it is myself đź‘Ť

Yeap. I agree. At first I was going to suggest having a points format but then I realised the reason for not having points. It's nice to just have a race when you're free and not needing to be committed to a whole season. Anyway...somebody has already started a TT championship with points on one of the other threads.

Tomf4i03
Just a FYI, this game makes me drive like a madman on my bike, hahaha

Maybe it's just a jedi mind trick, but I feel my real life riding skills are much better because of TT!! Am I crazy or is it the world around me? :dopey:

SuperT
Crikey, I hope TT doesn't change my RL riding skills, I keep crashing my TT bikes. :dopey:

:lol: I would hope that it doesn't have that effect on anyone.

Since I've been TT I've playing been itching to ride a bike and learn how it really feels to ride, but since I'm only 16 and can't afford a bike and my mom would murder me if I got one I can't till later. What makes this urge worse is that my dad has an 04' GSX-R in the garage that I wan't to ride so bad. He said he'd let me ride later this year in a commuter lot so that I can't do too much damage :lol:

xXSilencerXx
:lol: I would hope that it doesn't have that effect on anyone.

Since I've been TT I've playing been itching to ride a bike and learn how it really feels to ride, but since I'm only 16 and can't afford a bike and my mom would murder me if I got one I can't till later. What makes this urge worse is that my dad has an 04' GSX-R in the garage that I wan't to ride so bad. He said he'd let me ride later this year in a commuter lot so that I can't do too much damage :lol:
Hace fun! I have a Yamaha dirt bike, I don't know if TT has improved my skills yet though, just got it yesterday. Soo much fun, it rocks the socks off GT4!

Man! i crashed my bike about 6 weeks ago and did some serious damage so I don't have real bike to ride on anymore :( Need to get it fixed!!! TT is great but I would much rather be riding outside.

lsim001
Man! i crashed my bike about 6 weeks ago and did some serious damage so I don't have real bike to ride on anymore :( Need to get it fixed!!! TT is great but I would much rather be riding outside.

What do you ride?

Hey guys...

Just wondering if any of you will be attending the MOTO GP even at Laguna Seca event this year on July 21-23...

I've been going since 1999 and World Superbikes and for the first time last year I saw the Moto GP bikes in full swing and NH69 take the victory..

I'm going this year again... anyone else??

-marko

Vermeulen
Hey guys...

Just wondering if any of you will be attending the MOTO GP even at Laguna Seca event this year on July 21-23...

I've been going since 1999 and World Superbikes and for the first time last year I saw the Moto GP bikes in full swing and NH69 take the victory..

I'm going this year again... anyone else??

-marko
I wish, Moto GP has to be the best racing I have ever seen, maybe next year I will go :) But I watch every race on tv !

I usually go to at least one Moto GP each year, also World Superbikes and British superbikes.
Only done two british rounds so far this year, but got one this weekend, and world supers at Brands Hatch in August to look forward to!

Planning Brno and donnington Gp's, Brands hatch and Assen worlds, and at least three British rounds for next year!

You just cannot beat the sound of those 1000cc GP bikes warming up at 9am on race day sunday, even with a hangover, the throbbing, pulsing, ear-rending sound they make just rattles your chest and brings you back to life.

And the sweet/acid smell of the two-stroke 125's and 250's running round the track is so remenicant (sp) of when I started riding and going to the races when I was younger (twenty years ago mind you!)

Just can't be beaten!

Neil

<< I FOUND MY SCHWARTZ!!

You going to Brands Balls?

I only live 10 minutes drive down the road, (well, it normally takes ten minutes. Takes alot longer on race days. :sly:)

Missed it last year but I've been nearly every year since I can remember.

I'll wear a red carnation in my lapel. :lol: (Or a power puff girls T-shirt. :grumpy:)

I am trying to mate!

Got transport there, but at the minute it's gonna be a train or coach trip back which makes it a much more expensive proposition seeing as there will be 3 of us to make arrangements for. So at the moment it's up in the air whether to go to Brands or another BSB race later in the season.

Also had you beaten with my fastest time, but had too much tyre in the dirt on the first left.

We mite have to split the Avatar comp into TTWRS 2&3 and the WRS at the Ring, as it's a two week race at the ring and I got you by over 5 secs at T9.
We'll see haw this weeks TT goes, eh?

Neil

Ballstothewall
We mite have to split the Avatar comp into TTWRS 2&3 and the WRS at the Ring, as it's a two week race at the ring and I got you by over 5 secs at T9.
We'll see haw this weeks TT goes, eh?

You've not been to the WRS forum yet then?

Make that 10 seconds then! :sly:

So which one would you like to be?

Or all three?

Neil

Ballstothewall
Make that 10 seconds then! :sly:

So which one would you like to be?

Or all three?

Neil

Not made up my mind yet. Although I've been growing my hair lately so if I lose by a considerably margin my other half has threatened to make ME look like one of them?!? :crazy: :nervous:

I''ve shot myself in the foot really as I've been giving my thirteen year old son tips and general encouragement on his way round the GT4 WRS qualifier. Valuable time I've lost in the forest. :dunce: He's been signed up to GTP for ages now but reckons he's not fast/clean enough for the WRS. You should have seen some of my driving before the WRS!

Actually, while I'm on that subject, you use a DFP don't you? I've never been able to get on with steering wheels but I've only really a go with the cheapo one's. Is the DFP really that much better as I've noticed Amazon are doing them for 70 quid.

Just in case I manage to pull a blinder within the next seven days. . . . Do you like pink?? :)

Darren.

I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers! Why?:lol:

And the DFP is the single most worthwhile thing I have bought for the PS2 (and it works on the PC too, so best of both worlds), and it has improved my driving considerably.
Especially for the JGTC series I'm in. It means that I can drive SO smoothly, I can make tyres last for ages without compromising speed.

Neil

Latest Posts

Back