Tourist Trophy WRS Chit-Chat thread

• Thread starter Tyre King
  • 58 comments
I meant the colour. :sly: :lol:

Tyre wear is something I've always struggled with. From some of the replays I've DL'ed and watched I've noticed the steering is much more controlled, makes sense really with 900 degree's of movement I suppose.

My PC barely runs itself, let alone games :). I'm strictly a console man when it comes to games anyway. I'd never even used the internet till around november last year, not at home anyway so not on a regular basis.

Looks like I'll have to bite the bullet then and give it a go. It'll have to wait till the cars done unfortunatly and probably till after August too, world soopers. 👍

I'd completely forgotten about that again this year. I'll have to get some pics up here if you don't make it. :)

Darren.

The other thing that it does very well, is the force feed-back.

Although, not perfect, it does let you 'feel' when the fronts are slipping very well and you can also with practice feel the rears let go too.
You start re-acting before you realise it's going on. With everything on the minimum settings it's very subtle, but the wheel doesn't try to snap your wrists off when doing Sarthe in a 200+mph race car either.

Take the plunge, you're worth it too! :lol:

Neil

I thought this was a pretty kool picture.

It's interesting to see an American at Suzuka testing for the 8 hour in the form of Jason Disalvo. And it's interesting to see how close TT comes in replicating the look of the YSP PRESTO R1...

112445_jdyspr1.jpg

:D

I'll get right to work closing some of those old threads. Let's see if I can manage it without ruining anything :lol:

Ballstothewall
I usually go to at least one Moto GP each year, also World Superbikes and British superbikes.
Only done two british rounds so far this year, but got one this weekend, and world supers at Brands Hatch in August to look forward to!

Planning Brno and donnington Gp's, Brands hatch and Assen worlds, and at least three British rounds for next year!

You just cannot beat the sound of those 1000cc GP bikes warming up at 9am on race day sunday, even with a hangover, the throbbing, pulsing, ear-rending sound they make just rattles your chest and brings you back to life.

And the sweet/acid smell of the two-stroke 125's and 250's running round the track is so remenicant (sp) of when I started riding and going to the races when I was younger (twenty years ago mind you!)

Just can't be beaten!

Neil

Even the 250's are good to hear besides the Moto GP bikes...

Know your roots.. you know?? the two strokes are still cool to me..

SuperT
Please use the edit button?

Just a guess, but I think when one posts, one should edit their original post so there aren't multiple posts by the same user. I have witnessed the "triple post" a few times and probably done it myself once....

:sly:

has GTP have something against numerous posts? I know at other threads on other forums 500 posts is usually the time a thread is closed.. is it a limiting factor???

because what's the problem with 2 posts??

Does the GTP comp have a small memory??

Vermeulen
has GTP have something against numerous posts? I know at other threads on other forums 500 posts is usually the time a thread is closed.. is it a limiting factor???

because what's the problem with 2 posts??

Does the GTP comp have a small memory??

I don't think it's a technical issue, but for me it keeps the threads clean. You don't need to have only one post. If you post, then post again shortly after, then again, and again, it causes an annoyance with users. I think this wasn't the only place where you posted what some users may consider excess. Not that I am blaming you, just pointing out why the others have said something...

I personally like your enthusiam 👍, but understand why it could be an issue.

It is certainly not a GTP server issue with double/triple posting. The issue is cleanliness of the thread. Which is also why we tend to harp on people that post off topic. (like this).

I'm back!

Bloody knackered, badly sun-burned, aches and pains all over from sleeping on a soft airbed & walking miles and miles around a track with severe elevation changes, dehydrated and skint!

Bloody loved it! :)

Fantastic racing, watched two-stroke 125's (I love the smell of two-stroke oil in the morning), 1000cc super-stocks x 2, 600cc super-sports, Yamaha R6 cup, and two superbike races!

Knockhill is one of the best spectator circuits in the country, pick the right spot and you can see 3/4 of the track, even when sat on a stool/chair.
Also because it is only 1.2ish miles long the lap-times are 47 seconds so from the first lap, there are bikes going past you all the time.
Happy, but sore camper:sly:

I'll post some pics of the bikes and babes when I get out of my pit in the morning!
Neil

^ Ditto

Hi guys, i bought TT today for a very reasonable £20, god bless Game. What can i say? Its so different from GT4, im doing the licences at the moment, 3 hours in and 3 tests left in special, not all golded of course. Its difficult to drive, so im going to perfect my skills then do the qualifier some time this week. Right thats the warning over, watch out all you div3 drivers :-D
Oh one more thing, i love the way you can smash your head on the wall then fall off, gets kind of irritating though when your trying to ride fast.

Randymcchickenf
^ Ditto

Hi guys, i bought TT today for a very reasonable £20, god bless Game. What can i say? Its so different from GT4, im doing the licences at the moment, 3 hours in and 3 tests left in special, not all golded of course. Its difficult to drive, so im going to perfect my skills then do the qualifier some time this week. Right thats the warning over, watch out all you div3 drivers :-D
Oh one more thing, i love the way you can smash your head on the wall then fall off, gets kind of irritating though when your trying to ride fast.

Good to see you here. If you are as good at TT as you are at GT I need to start worrying! I imagine since I can't catch you in the WRS I certainly will not be able to in the TTWRS :sly:

Welcome!

Cheers :cheers: but as far as i can tell as my TT driving gets better my GT4 driving is getting worse. Im going to do the qualifier today so ill be competing soon hopefully.

Has anybody done the double yet? When I say the double I mean taking a win in both GT4 WRS and TT WRS in the same week? I dont plan to try but it would be an notable accomplishment. This week my focus has been on GT4 WRS, but I hope to atleast make a decent showing in TT WRS this week.

An overall win in both series would be an unbelievable achievement. :eek:

I think ICEman's probably got the best chance of that, if Dan breaks a few fingers, ahem, cough. :sly:

As for someone winning both thier respective divisions, I don't think I'd be doing it any time soon, mid division 2 WRS and my only win in the TT one was because of a late subission. :(

It'll happen one day, hopefully it'll be me. :)

i really dont get the appeal of laguna seca. up until the corner right before the corkscrew through to the last corner, it doesnt have much of a flow. rather stop'n'go-ish.

the track is really small, with tight corners. but, if you have the right setup, it is a really nice track. on the game it is very stop and go only cause the controls make it that way. if you had a lot more control over exactly how much brake and throttle to use, then i think the track would be a lot more fun.

for compairson sakes, i did a 1'17.650 in tt mode with the cbr-rrw at autumn ring.

a good form/set up makes up for the weight reduction.

Well I just notice that the TTWRS are closed down, I wanted to race as I am able to upload replays easily. I don't know the reason why people don't race over here, maybe some people just don't know this forum exist. Maybe this sounds stupid, but, if we want this to run again, we have to make people know about it. Maybe the problem is just that Tourist Trophy isn't as popular as Gran Turismo. I know that this has been down for almost 4 months, but maybe with this post people may remember that there is a forum to race in.

Sorry for my crappy english, hope that you understand me.

Wow, I haven't been here in awhile. Sad that the TT WRS ran down. It was real fun while it lasted. Unfortunatley I ran out of time to play, I haven't played TT in well over a year now, and GT4. I'm so not a gamer anymore.

EDIT: :lol: just looked, I was a div 1 rider. bet I could barely make div 3 now. :lol:

Back